Speculation: Where does Tavares end up??

Where does Tavares end up??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018
There is no need for a rebuild if you get Tavares...
Yes there is ? You would have Tavares and nobody else. Habs have the worst prospects in the nhl and it isn’t close. They also don’t have any young stars. They would have Tavares, a massively overpaid price, an aging and overpaid Weber , and a bunch of trash. That is not a cup contender. That’s a team that’s destined for no mans land for 5 years minimum.

Reactions: Zenon Konopka Jr

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018
Can habs fans please give a legitimate reason as to why Tavares would sign with the habs ? Don’t say money because there are many teams that will offer him a ton. I’ll wait.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Yes there is ? You would have Tavares and nobody else. Habs have the worst prospects in the nhl and it isn’t close. They also don’t have any young stars. They would have Tavares, a massively overpaid price, an aging and overpaid Weber , and a bunch of trash. That is not a cup contender. That’s a team that’s destined for no mans land for 5 years minimum.

Not even worth giving a proper answer to a garbage post like that.

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado

What about Alex Galchenyuk and Jonathan Drouin?

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Not even worth giving a proper answer to a garbage post like that.

I'm sympathetic to the plight of Habs fans but the rest of the hockey world views the Habs essentially just like that poster you quoted does whether that's right or wrong. Bergevin is an idiot, that also is a commonly shared opinion. If there was someone else in charge there would be a bit more optimism potentially and you guys have a boat load of picks this coming draft so that's always good. But right now please understand most of us non Hab fans are not trying to be mean, it just seems ridiculous to many of us that any sane person would think JT and the Habs are a good fit.

Reactions: Peat

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
I think they’re talking about stars at the NHL level, not stars in junior who never proved anything in the NHL.

Alex Galchenyuk at 21 years old: 56pts in 82GP 0.68PPG
Jonathan Drouin at 21 years old: 53pts in 73GP 0.73PPG

Joe Pavelski at 21 years old: college player
Joe Pavelski at 22 years old: 28pts in 46GP 0.61PPG
Logan Couture at 21 years old: 56pts in 79GP 0.71PPG
Patrick Marleau at 21 years old: 44pts in 79GP 0.56PPG
Thomas Hertl at 21 years old: 46pts in 81GP 0.57PPG

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Alex Galchenyuk at 21 years old: 56pts in 82GP 0.68PPG
Jonathan Drouin at 21 years old: 53pts in 73GP 0.73PPG

Joe Pavelski at 21 years old: college player
Joe Pavelski at 22 years old: 28pts in 46GP 0.61PPG
Logan Couture at 21 years old: 56pts in 79GP 0.71PPG
Patrick Marleau at 21 years old: 44pts in 79GP 0.56PPG
Thomas Hertl at 21 years old: 46pts in 81GP 0.57PPG

There’s a lot more to hockey than PPG at age 21. You’re conveniently counting the two best seasons of two players who have failed to match those marks since and don’t look like they’ll be back any time soon.

Besides, what’s your point? Do you really think that Tavares is going to look at Montreal and day “wow, Galchenyuk, Drouin, Weber, Price...that’s one hell of a group. They won 29 games this season!” :laugh:

Last edited:

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018
probably toronto. leafs will have the cap space and they're a playoff team

devils and panthers i can see him signing with

sharks are out west and dont have much talent outside of a couple players

montreal :laugh:

Last edited:

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018
I'm sympathetic to the plight of Habs fans but the rest of the hockey world views the Habs essentially just like that poster you quoted does whether that's right or wrong. Bergevin is an idiot, that also is a commonly shared opinion. If there was someone else in charge there would be a bit more optimism potentially and you guys have a boat load of picks this coming draft so that's always good. But right now please understand most of us non Hab fans are not trying to be mean, it just seems ridiculous to many of us that any sane person would think JT and the Habs are a good fit.
I can’t like posts for some reason , but I like this.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
probably toronto. leafs will have the cap space and they're a playoff team

devils and panthers i can see him signing with

sharks are out west and dont have much talent outside of a couple players

montreal :laugh:

Lol at least we know you don’t follow the Sharks because they play past your bedtime

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Can habs fans please give a legitimate reason as to why Tavares would sign with the habs ? Don’t say money because there are many teams that will offer him a ton. I’ll wait.

Generally talking, while many teams can offer a lot of money. Very few teams in the league can structure contacts like the way Mtl can, in terms of signing bonus.

A team like Mtl has no problem offering making its offer where its almost all signing bonuses paid July 1st. While a lot of teams can offer similar cap hit, many won't be able to do it that way.

IMO this is why Sens have no chance of re-signing EK, he'll likely want a lot of money upfront, and no way their owner can afford that.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I just don’t see it with Montreal. Seems like Toronto could offer all MTL could while also offering a better chance to compete now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad