Speculation: Where does Tavares end up??

Where does Tavares end up??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Montreal had four 100 point seasons in the last five coming into this year ...Tavares would make Montreal easily one of the 7 best teams in the NHL.

Money being equal, why would Tavares choose the Habs over the Leafs? All I hear is that JT does not want to play in Toronto due to the media. Well the media pressure comes in two languages in Montreal. Most of our media are ass kissers and work for the same two companies that own the Leafs.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sounds like JT should just come to colorado, as we have no local media.

Plus with MacK around to draw all of the opposition's attention, and the memory of 2016-2017 still fresh enough in the locals' minds to be really appreciative of just being able to enjoy watching the team again; the Avs would be the lowest pressure environment imaginable...

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
I'm sorry but this is a pretty big reach. All of your key players are in the latter stages of their primes or heading for decline (like Weber), the prospect pool is pretty bad, and you don't really have young stars or up and coming elite players to complement Tavares. If Tavares really cares about winning the Cup it's not gonna happen with Montreal, at least not for a good 3-4 years assuming they even try to rebuild the team properly.

IMO Price and Weber, if healthy, give you a shot at the playoffs for the next 3-4 years. Not saying contender or anything, but in the race for 8th for sure. Price was terribad this year and Weber was injured for more than half of the year.

I don't think Montreal is the prime choice for Tavares, far from it. Ive been saying either SJ or STL for awhile now.

But let's say MTL give no choice to Tavares to sign there because they offer 2 millions more per year. In the press conference, Tavares would probably say what I told you : Price and Weber are here, I have the feeling they give me a chance to win, blablabla...

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Adding Tavares makes the habs a bubble team at best. That’s if price goes back to being the best goalie in the world (unlikely).
That's ridiculous. Tavares would put Habs back in playoff race for sure. Tavares, Weber, Price is a great core and Gallagher, Pacioretty, Drouin, Galchenyuk, Petry, Mete, Alzner is a good supporting group . This is the NHL...there is no team that would add Tavares for free and still be a "bubble team at best."

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
That's ridiculous. Tavares would put Habs back in playoff race for sure. Tavares, Weber, Price is a great core and Gallagher, Pacioretty, Drouin, Galchenyuk, Petry, Mete, Alzner is a good supporting group . This is the NHL...there is no team that would add Tavares for free and still be a "bubble team at best."

I think you're overstating the impact of one player. I'm sure there are rosters out there who, even if they added Tavares, would still be a bubble team to make the playoffs.

Look no further than the Oilers. They had the league's best player and they still were WORSE than a bubble team.

Reactions: 1specter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad