Where does Steph Curry and Kevin Durant rank among all time greats?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
curry is the greatest shooter of all time

in terms of point guards, i would rank magic, oscar, and stockton above him for sure. probably nash too. take any of those PG's off their teams and the teams would have been nothing. take steph off GSW and they would still be title contenders. that's a big part of what sets those guys ahead of steph
I have no idea how you can mention Stockton and Nash and not Cousy and Zeke. The last two sentances are nonsense. What the hell does quality of team have to do with how good a player someone is? Curry is an all time great, and should be treated as such. As for the Wariors without him, they sure look great without out, not.

But the best part is saying a team featuring Kareem, Worthy, Scott, Rambis, Green etc would be nothing without Magic. Hilarious beyond belief.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016

in terms of point guards, i would rank magic, oscar, and stockton above him for sure. probably nash too. take any of those PG's off their teams and the teams would have been nothing. take steph off GSW and they would still be title contenders. that's a big part of what sets those guys ahead of steph

None of that is relevant when discussing their respective talent levels

A player is as good as they are, regardless of the quality of their teammates

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Steph is as important to the Warriors as Nash was to the Suns.
From 04-08 the Suns were 4-13 when Nash didn't play, GS has easily won multiple playoff series without Curry.

There's is a lot more evidence suggesting the Warriors coaching is the key behind their success than it is Curry.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
It's really not correct, speaking as a big fan of John's. Not sure what's with your hate of Curry. Reaching cringe levels really.
I'm not the one claiming Isiah Thomas was as good as Magic Johnson.

I'm just responding to the ridiculous assertions in this thread.

Reactions: Wrigley

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I'm not the one claiming Isiah Thomas was as good as Magic Johnson.

I'm just responding to the ridiculous assertions in this thread.
What ridiculous assertions? That Curry is an all time great?

And plenty of people rate Zeke as high as Magic. But like I said, one played in LA and passed the ball to Kareem and Worthy, the other played for the Bad Boys and passed the ball to Lambier and Dumars.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Three, one additional can be argued as well. Big O is the best ever.

Then Magic. I know you probably rate Magic higher, but Zeke was every bit as good. The difference is, one played for the Lakers and was universally loved, other played for the most hated team of all time and was not all that popular. But looking at just how good he was, he was insanely good.

And the 4th guy is Cousy.

Cousy shot .375 from the field for his career

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I have no idea how you can mention Stockton and Nash and not Cousy and Zeke. The last two sentances are nonsense. What the hell does quality of team have to do with how good a player someone is? Curry is an all time great, and should be treated as such. As for the Wariors without him, they sure look great without out, not.

But the best part is saying a team featuring Kareem, Worthy, Scott, Rambis, Green etc would be nothing without Magic. Hilarious beyond belief.

the lakers don't win any titles in the 80s without magic

that's a fact right there. you think kareem, worthy, and a bunch of role players like scott and cooper would have been able to take down the celtics in 85 and 87 without magic? hahahahahahahaha.

not to mention in 1980 when he played center in kareem's absence. magic was the key to those lakers title teams

and lol @ saying zeke was as good as magic johnson. what a hot take

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
the lakers don't win any titles in the 80s without magic

that's a fact right there. you think kareem, worthy, and a bunch of role players like scott and cooper would have been able to take down the celtics in 85 and 87 without magic? hahahahahahahaha.

not to mention in 1980 when he played center in kareem's absence. magic was the key to those lakers title teams

and lol @ saying zeke was as good as magic johnson. what a hot take

Now you've got me curious what it is you think a "fact" is

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
if you honestly think the lakers would have won 5 titles in the 80s without magic johnson then i really don't know what to tell you

you probably think the celtics would have won without bird too am i right?

You mistook me, I'm afraid. I was simply mocking you for your use of the word "fact"

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Agreed but I think Curry is at the same level as Stockton or nearing it.

I have Magic, Oscar and Nash above him 100% right now. I think the highest he could get is 2nd best.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Agreed but I think Curry is at the same level as Stockton or nearing it.

I have Magic, Oscar and Nash above him 100% right now. I think the highest he could get is 2nd best.
LOL Nash better than Curry?

I'm Canadian btw so I love Steve Nash but there's no way he was a better player than Steph

Reactions: Neutrinos

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I'm a big fan of Nash as well, but nobody is seriously choosing him unless they have some unfounded bias against Curry

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I'm a big fan of Nash as well, but nobody is seriously choosing him unless they have some unfounded bias against Curry
Curry plays like a SG and not like a quarter back for the offence. Curry has more flash but he doesn't run the offence, he is part of it.

It's like how people try to compare Lebron and Jordan. Jordan played like a shooting guard and Lebron plays like a point guard. People should be comparing LeBron to Magic.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
So it's just a matter of you guys being unable to fathom how Curry can run the offense without the ball in his hands all the time?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
LOL Nash better than Curry?

I'm Canadian btw so I love Steve Nash but there's no way he was a better player than Steph

You do realize Nash is the only 4x member of the 50-40-90 right? & that he was the reason the Suns offence was so effective in the mid 2000's ? They are also extremely close in 3 PT % and Nash was a noticeably better play maker.

I have no doubt Curry could pass him by the time he retires but for now I have Nash ahead.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
You do realize Nash is the only 4x member of the 50-40-90 right? & that he was the reason the Suns offence was so effective in the mid 2000's ? They are also extremely close in 3 PT % and Nash was a noticeably better play maker.

I have no doubt Curry could pass him by the time he retires but for now I have Nash ahead.
Curry is a way, way better scorer than Nash ever was.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Curry is a way, way better scorer than Nash ever was.
But Nash is likely as good or better at every skill related to scoring aside from Curry's ability to get to the line from flopping. See, the difference is that the Warriors under Kerr's coaching staff have designed a great system where much of their offense's goal is to get Curry open shots. Nash, conversely, was the system and made his team the best offense in the league regardless of his coaches or teammates. The greatest thing a player can do in this sport is make his teammates better and there may not be anyone better at that than Nash. Curry is a capable passer and does a good job finding the open man, but simply doesn't process the game well enough to identify the man who will be open like a Nash or LeBron.

You are just illustrating that you don't have the knowledge to disentangle a player's impact from his coaching. Look at Curry's 2-point percentage by year. It's not a coincidence it took a massive jump when Kerr took over and it had nothing to do with Curry's abilities.

Reactions: Stylizer1

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
But Nash is likely as good or better at every skill related to scoring aside from Curry's ability to get to the line from flopping. See, the difference is that the Warriors under Kerr's coaching staff have designed a great system where much of their offense's goal is to get Curry open shots. Nash, conversely, was the system and made his team the best offense in the league regardless of his coaches or teammates. The greatest thing a player can do in this sport is make his teammates better and there may not be anyone better at that than Nash. Curry is a capable passer and does a good job finding the open man, but simply doesn't process the game well enough to identify the man who will be open like a Nash or LeBron.

You are just illustrating that you don't have the knowledge to disentangle a player's impact from his coaching. Look at Curry's 2-point percentage by year. It's not a coincidence it took a massive jump when Kerr took over and it had nothing to do with Curry's abilities.
Lmfao how did Steph hurt you?

Steph is a better scorer, period. Way better. Way better defender too. These things separate him from Nash.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto

Curry's whole offensive package (including his shooting skills) is miles ahead of Nash and Steph is clearly a much better defender than Nash, who was a complete liability on D. Also peak Curry in 2015-16 was far more dominant than 2005-06 Nash could ever dream of being

In terms of stats/accolades, Curry already eclipses Nash as well despite only being 30

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad