Where does Jack Eichel go in a 2015 redraft now?

Where does Jack Eichel go in a 2015 redraft now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Based on his value right now and how you project it moving forward (on ice value only, no contracts)

This isn't to kick Eichel or Buffalo while they're down....There's a thread on Main Board about 2015 redraft positions. Eichel was the consensus #2 for a very long time on re-draft polls but now surprisingly it looks like people have Mitch Marner and perhaps even others over him, such as Barzal and maybe even Aho.

Is it just a case of what have you done for me lately bias or has Eichel been overrated a bit and people are starting to see it?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
2nd.

Other guys may be having better seasons than him, but Eichel has shown enough over the course of his career that, at this point in time, he still deserves that 2nd overall pick.

Reactions: Sicko

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
He likely still goes 2nd, but the separation he previously had isn't there anymore. He's no longer in a separate tier between the field and McDavid.

Reactions: dmoney16

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
He’d still go second, the only player who could possibly over take him (as of today) is marner

his ability is still there and he’s a big #1 center so I’d still take him

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I think he still goes 2nd, but Marner is gaining steam. It could change. Arguing Aho and Barzal right now is a bit absurd.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
2nd or 3rd, not lower than that. Marner would be a 1st overall pick in most years, 2015 was just an insanely stacked draft.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
2nd or 3rd, not lower than that. Marner would be a 1st overall pick in most years, 2015 was just an insanely stacked draft.

It really is, what a ridiculously deep draft.

Like when we look back 10 or so years from now when a lot of these guys have more team and international success, then it will be even more appreciated.

Seriously, what a stacked draft. Good thing Chia traded away two high picks from that draft for Griffin freakin' Reihnart. Still pissed about that one. With Marino, Bear, and Jones later in that draft along with McDavid, it could have been an amazing draft for the Oilers had Chia not pissed away those picks for a guy with cement boots.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
It really is, what a ridiculously deep draft.

Like when we look back 10 or so years from now when a lot of these guys have more team and international success, then it will be even more appreciated.

Seriously, what a stacked draft. Good thing Chia traded away two high picks from that draft for Griffin freakin' Reihnart. Still pissed about that one. With Marino, Bear, and Jones later in that draft along with McDavid, it could have been an amazing draft for the Oilers had Chia not pissed away those picks for a guy with cement boots.

The oilers second 1st round draft pick was used to select Barzal I believe, yeah Chia slipped pretty bad on that one lol. Reinhart was already considered a bust, I couldn't believe they traded him for him. Sucks to imagine could've had Barzal/Chabot at that spot.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I think Aho, Barzal and Marner caught up to him.

They're caught up to him in the sense that the team with #2 would go "hmm - ok let's weight the pros and cons carefully"....but 90% likely they still pick Eichel.

He's the best player so far, with the highest upside still. But I agree that the other 3 are close enough to make a race of it, especially for a particular team/gm whose high on them. Marner being a winger hurts him here

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Apparently I need more coffee, because my first thought was to ask why 1st wasn't an option in the poll. Not that this would be my answer, I was just wondering why it wasn't there.

Then about a second after I wondered that, I felt great shame. Kind of forgot about who actually went first in that draft.....

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
He would go second. And I think the teams these guys play for make a huge difference. Imagine if he went somewhere besides Buffalo. Like Toronto or Carolina or the Isle. With the better run organizations they have.

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
Can’t justify ranking a player who has been so ineffectual 5v5 as high as second. Could easily see him being put of the top 5 if he doesn’t pull it together in the second half of the season.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Of the 20 non-2015 drafts between 2000 and 2020, which 11 would Marner be a 1st overall pick in?
I'm not going to say most drafts. But, off the top of my head he's seriously in the discussion of 1 in 2011, 2012, 2014, and 2017. Just based on their grades at the draft date. Potentially 2019 and 2020, but Hughes and Laf might just edge him out.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I'm not going to say most drafts. But, off the top of my head he's seriously in the discussion of 1 in 2011, 2012, 2014, and 2017. Just based on their grades at the draft date. Potentially 2019 and 2020, but Hughes and Laf might just edge him out.

Sure, there’s definitely a few where I would call him #1. I don’t even know if the claim that he would be #1 in most drafts is explicitly false; I’m not writing it off. More so, was trying to make it clear what is implied by such a claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln