Where does Crosby rank all time when he retires?

Where does Crosby rank all time when he retires?

• Top 5 all time

Votes: 110 44.4%
  • Top 10 all time

Votes: 113 45.6%
  • Top 15 all time

Votes: 18 7.3%
  • Top 20 all time

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Top 25 all time

• Top 30 all time

• Top 40 all time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Top 50 all time

Votes: 4 1.6%

• Total voters

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Right where he is right now which is 5th.

With reflection years after he retires some might make a case for 4th but that's a deeper dive argument.

Most casual fans won't dissect the Big 4.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
He plays another 3 seasons and gets to or near top 5 ever in points scored, on top of all of the accolades in and outside of the NHL…

I would say top 5 and he’d be in that 5th spot.

Too hard to argue him over Howe/Orr.

Reactions: Faceboner

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
He plays another 3 seasons and gets to or near top 5 ever in points scored, on top of all of the accolades in and outside of the NHL…

I would say top 5 and he’d be in that 5th spot.

Too hard to argue him over Howe/Orr.
If he ends up with sick longevity similar to howe and plays until he is 44 and putting up ppg seasons he moves ahead of howe

• Haha
Reactions: devo09 and Conbon

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Somewhere between 5-10.

He's definitely not in the top 4. He's ahead of Richard. I'd probably still put Beliveau, Roy, Harvey, and maybe Hull ahead of him, but he's in that tier. I'd say he's probably the most well-rounded player ever (well, maybe second to Orr).

Reactions: tarheelhockey

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
Whether he retires top-5 depends on when he retires and what McDavid does between now and then.

He's closer to top-5 than top-10 but I think it's likely that McDavid firmly surpasses him by the time Crosby retires. So top-10 but realistically 6th.
Crosby has 3 Stanley Cup rings and won two Conn Smythe trophies while doing so. Not to mention he scored the OT goal that won Canada the 2010 Olympics. McDavid is nowhere near close to passing him.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Top-10. I think there's decent argument for top-5, but I feel more people will have him lower than top-5 than inside top-5.

Rankings outside of top-10 are hard to justify and those most likely will come from people who either are not very knowledgable fans or have an agenda.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
13-17 range

Orr, Gretzky, Howe, Lemieux, Hasek, Roy, Beliveau, Jagr, McDavid, Bourque, Harvey, Hull for sure.
I get the argument for the first 5 guys but the next 7 guys (assuming McDavid when crosby retires not when it's all said and done).

What are their arguments over crosby exactly?

Argument with Lidstrom, Ovechkin, Brodeur, Esposito, Lafleur, Clarke, Richard, Shore
Same with this list although Lidstrom is closer than all of the others except for Ovi.

Esposito and Bobby clarke seriously?

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Probably somewhere from 5-8. The ones I absolutely have ahead are Orr, Lemieux and Gretz. Its hard to include goalies but if I did then Roy is in there. Where do Howe, Jagr and Messier go. Messier won a lot in this league too.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I've had him 5th for a while now.

Gretzky
Orr
Lemieux
Howe
Crosby
Roy
Beliveau
Jagr

Something like that

He's definitely not going to go higher then 5 (maybe if he adds 2 or 3 more smythes we can consider it).

Also - McDavid will almost surely pass him. He still needs more longevity and playoff success, but odds are he gets those.

Reactions: Dominance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad