Where Do We Finish (Playoffs)?

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
if Sedins donts start playing like the Sedins again this team is out in 5 games and we all know it.

GingersRULE

Jun 11, 2011
I think were in a similiar shape to LA was last year..They were struggling for offense throughout the whole season and then there team clicked at the right time..I think we can compete with any team in the West..Like Mike Gillis said today to win the Stanley Cup you need to have a bit of luck on your side..If we get on a roll when Kesler gets back anything could happen

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
I think were in a similiar shape to LA was last year..They were struggling for offense throughout the whole season and then there team clicked at the right time..I think we can compete with any team in the West..Like Mike Gillis said today to win the Stanley Cup you need to have a bit of luck on your side..If we get on a roll when Kesler gets back anything could happen

everything need to go well to go on the run......Schnieder playing like Quick Our best player plays amazing great PP great PK finish games in less than 5

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
Bingo.

A lot of players are struggling right now. A lot.
If they can all play well and stay healthy for a period of time (at the right time), then we can win a cup. Also, the PP needs to not suck again.

If we keep on playing like we do now, even with a healthy Kesler, there is no way I see us making it past the 2nd round.

You would think (hope?) that with Kesler coming back to the first unit and Roy now there to anchor the second unit the power play has to improve, right? Please? Don't make me beg, because I'll totally beg.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
I voted second round but I have no clue. Like someone said, we are truly a wildcard this season. I wouldn't be surprised if we got bounced in the first round and I wouldn't be too surprised if we had a good cup run. Who knows. It all depends on luck and injuries and if the players on this team can play up to their potential. They haven't show enough to make me believe they have a good cup run in them this year but that can change. God how I hope that changes.

SnapIt

Feb 19, 2013
You would think (hope?) that with Kesler coming back to the first unit and Roy now there to anchor the second unit the power play has to improve, right? Please? Don't make me beg, because I'll totally beg.

Newell Brown: "Alright Roy, you're playing the point." :laugh::cry:

Nov 1, 2011
I think we win the Cup. A lot cab happen between now and the end of the playoffs but I think when Kesler is back, adding him and Roy makes us the best Canucks team I've seen.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I have us as out in the first but if we get a favorable matchup we might advance.

Sure glad people were happy we didn't get that goalless Ryan Clowe. First game with the rangers he gets 2 goals 1 assist.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Sure glad people were happy we didn't get that goalless Ryan Clowe. First game with the rangers he gets 2 goals 1 assist.

Who was happy? He picked the Rangers over us because he wanted to go East, closer to family. Nothing we could do to change that.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I think we win the Cup. A lot cab happen between now and the end of the playoffs but I think when Kesler is back, adding him and Roy makes us the best Canucks team I've seen.

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Kassian
Raymond - Kesler - Burrows
Booth - Roy - Hansen
Higgins - Lapierre - Pinizzotto
Weise
Jensen
Schroeder?

Edler/Garrison
Hamhuis/Bieksa
Ballard/Tanev
Alberts

Schneider
Luongo

vs.

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Samuelsson
Torres - Malhotra - Hansen
Glass - Lapierre - Oreskovich
Hodgson
Tambellini

Edler/Ehrhoff
Hamhuis/Bieksa
Salo/Ballard
Rome
Alberts

Luongo
rookie Schneider

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Who was happy? He picked the Rangers over us because he wanted to go East, closer to family. Nothing we could do to change that.

Oh for sure. Can't blame the organization or Gillis with that. Was just annoying seeing people all say the Canucks won the Clowe sweepstakes because he went to New York. A guy like Clowe could have given this team the extra edge we needed.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Oh for sure. Can't blame the organization or Gillis with that. Was just annoying seeing people all say the Canucks won the Clowe sweepstakes because he went to New York. A guy like Clowe could have given this team the extra edge we needed.

I guess I recall some people being happy we didn't pay the price. I think most of us were pretty disappointed. I know I was.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
I haven't liked the makeup of this team since the cup run... thought last year our goalies saved our bacon and this year is basically the same.

first round exit

StringerBell

anyone have the vegas odds?

Team Odds
Pittsburgh Penguins 7/2
Chicago Blackhawks 11/2
Boston Bruins 7/1
Anaheim Ducks 10/1
Montreal Canadiens 10/1
Minnesota Wild 12/1
Vancouver Canucks 15/1

Los Angeles Kings 16/1
San Jose Sharks 20/1
New York Rangers 20/1
Detroit Red Wings 20/1
St Louis Blues 25/1
New Jersey Devils 30/1
Carolina Hurricanes 40/1
Ottawa Senators 40/1
Toronto Maple Leafs 40/1
New York Islanders 50/1
Washington Capitals 50/1
Winnipeg Jets 60/1
Dallas Stars 60/1
Tampa Bay Lightning 60/1
Nashville Predators 60/1
Edmonton Oilers 60/1
Philadelphia Flyers 75/1
Buffalo Sabres 75/1
Phoenix Coyotes 100/1
Columbus Blue Jackets 200/1
Calgary Flames 500/1
Colorado Avalanche 500/1
Florida Panthers 500/1

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nhl/odds/futures/

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Given the moves today, where do you guys think we finish? Please vote and post your opinion(s) below.

My thought is that we are likely in for an early exit. It is painful to say that but I don't know how we will compete with some of the more physical teams in the conference. Worse then this, I think the Wild are looking better on paper and are playing great nowadays.

I think this is somewhat self inflicted given some of the choices Gillis and company have made over the past couple of seasons. I think he has done some great thinks (probably one of the better GMs the nucks have had); however, I do question several of his moves.

In any case, I am thinking a second round exit.

Thanks!

if any team thinks that their odds of reaching the conf. finals are >50% they are insane

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Team Odds
Pittsburgh Penguins 7/2
Chicago Blackhawks 11/2
Boston Bruins 7/1
Anaheim Ducks 10/1
Montreal Canadiens 10/1
Minnesota Wild 12/1
Vancouver Canucks 15/1

Los Angeles Kings 16/1
San Jose Sharks 20/1
New York Rangers 20/1
Detroit Red Wings 20/1
St Louis Blues 25/1
New Jersey Devils 30/1
Carolina Hurricanes 40/1
Ottawa Senators 40/1
Toronto Maple Leafs 40/1
New York Islanders 50/1
Washington Capitals 50/1
Winnipeg Jets 60/1
Dallas Stars 60/1
Tampa Bay Lightning 60/1
Nashville Predators 60/1
Edmonton Oilers 60/1
Philadelphia Flyers 75/1
Buffalo Sabres 75/1
Phoenix Coyotes 100/1
Columbus Blue Jackets 200/1
Calgary Flames 500/1
Colorado Avalanche 500/1
Florida Panthers 500/1

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nhl/odds/futures/

wow the kings are a good bet there

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
You'd have to be delusional to think we can win a cup with our special teams the way they are, our defence as soft and erratic as it is. We will win one round at the most, depending on the match up we get in round one.

We are wasting so much money on Luongo, Ballard, and Booth... that's enough cap to fit a Gaborik and Pominville on the roster, that's how much waste Gillis has assembled. Not saying we could get those guys obviously because we don't have the assets(thanks Gillis) but just as an example of what ALL that cap space could be used for instead of nothing at all, no value and it hurts the team so much.

You make a fair point about the team playing soft and erratic and then ask for Gaborik? Sort of invalidates your point.

The team simply needs to buckle down and start playing like a freaking team. When that happens they'll win. The Canucks will win the Cup this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad