Where Do We Finish (Playoffs)?

K35L3R

May 26, 2010
Given the moves today, where do you guys think we finish? Please vote and post your opinion(s) below.

My thought is that we are likely in for an early exit. It is painful to say that but I don't know how we will compete with some of the more physical teams in the conference. Worse then this, I think the Wild are looking better on paper and are playing great nowadays.

I think this is somewhat self inflicted given some of the choices Gillis and company have made over the past couple of seasons. I think he has done some great thinks (probably one of the better GMs the nucks have had); however, I do question several of his moves.

In any case, I am thinking a second round exit.

Thanks!

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Need to see how we play with Roy and Kesler before I make a decision where we may go.

Anzes Eyes

5th line centre
Jun 2, 2011
Voted Conference Finals.

I think last year's exit was largely because of Sedin's concussion.

We have good depth and think we will win the division, beat 6th seed, beat 4th seed lose to 2nd seed in Conf. Finals. Schneids himself will win a series.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
I honestly have NO freaking clue. It could legitimately be anything in my mind.

If Kesler and the rest stay healthy and Roy is even close to the 60-70 point player he can be? I can see us making a very deep run. If Kesler (and the team in general) continue to struggle with injuries and Roy doesn't really fit, I can see a first round exit.

Literally no finish aside from going on a massive losing streak and missing the playoffs would surprise me.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

If Kesler and the rest stay healthy and Roy is even close to the 60-70 point player he can be? I can see us making a very deep run. If Kesler (and the team in general) continue to struggle with injuries and Roy doesn't really fit, I can see a first round exit.

Literally no finish aside from going on a massive losing streak and missing the playoffs would surprise me.

We truly are a huge wildcard. I think it's round 2 once again though. I like our matchup with any team except maybe Minnesota because those road ones are going to be tough to win. But I think we will be too gassed to do any damage past that.

StringerBell

How healthy are we? What matchups do we get? Predictions are best made on a game by game basis, or series by series at the most. Predicting how far a team will go without knowing the parameters of the run is a crap shoot.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Cup Champs because seeing how none of us have a clue may as well dream big.

I do like our chances better than any WC team, though.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Never vote on these type of polls (as not to jinx it :laugh:) and it has never brought us any luck, so might as well break the pattern. Cup champs!

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
How healthy are we? What matchups do we get? Predictions are best made on a game by game basis, or series by series at the most. Predicting how far a team will go without knowing the parameters of the run is a crap shoot.

seem to me some fan predicted a automatic first round exit without waiting for entire team to be healthy :shakehead No one can predict the future so shock and surprise should be expected....

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto

We truly are a huge wildcard. I think it's round 2 once again though. I like our matchup with any team except maybe Minnesota because those road ones are going to be tough to win. But I think we will be too gassed to do any damage past that.

Agreed with pretty much all the points you two have presented, though I remain optimistic.

And yes, for some reason I fear Minnesota more than any of the other WC teams. At this point I won't be surprised if they go far.

K35L3R

May 26, 2010
seem to me some fan predicted a automatic first round exit without waiting for entire team to be healthy :shakehead No one can predict the future so shock and surprise should be expected....
If you look at our team v. other teams we have to get passed. Assuming we have Kesler back given the timeframe. There are a lot of factors I agree but I think you can compare teams on paper and season performance at this point in time.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Suppose we could go on an unexpected run, but chances are we're looking at first or second round (I optimistically voted semis). I just think we have way too many passengers this year and look mentally fragile.

I guess if the PP miraculously turns around, our team defense improves, and the vast majority of our vaunted blue line pulls it's head out of its collective ass... We'll we got as good a shot as anyone.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Wild lost Cullen to Injury so their team is a bit weaker but Pomville more dangerous don't know if there will be any chemistry there

StringerBell

Are you referring to me?

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
You'd have to be delusional to think we can win a cup with our special teams the way they are, our defence as soft and erratic as it is. We will win one round at the most, depending on the match up we get in round one.

We are wasting so much money on Luongo, Ballard, and Booth... that's enough cap to fit a Gaborik and Pominville on the roster, that's how much waste Gillis has assembled. Not saying we could get those guys obviously because we don't have the assets(thanks Gillis) but just as an example of what ALL that cap space could be used for instead of nothing at all, no value and it hurts the team so much.

GrogZilla

Mar 31, 2013
They've got a shot.

:) cracks me up the ones predicting failure & claiming it's being optimistic.
ummm....no it's not being optimistic actually

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Wild lost Cullen to Injury so their team is a bit weaker but Pomville more dangerous don't know if there will be any chemistry there

Wild are thin down the middle and on defense. Two areas you need to be deep in for a long run. Suter logging all those tough minutes will eventually wear him down.

Shocked they added pominville when they have decent depth on the wings already.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

Bingo.

A lot of players are struggling right now. A lot.
If they can all play well and stay healthy for a period of time (at the right time), then we can win a cup. Also, the PP needs to not suck again.

If we keep on playing like we do now, even with a healthy Kesler, there is no way I see us making it past the 2nd round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad