Where do the Oilers finish this season?

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
Lets examine the western conference 8th seed.
L.A took the final west playoff spot last season with 95 points. In 2010-11 season chicago took the 8th seed with 97 points and in 2009-10 colorado was 8th with again 95 points
95x0.59= 56 points 48 games is roughly 59% of a regular 82 game season.
So theoretically the 8th seed will be had at close to 56 points or 28 wins.
Furthermore, the oilers last season had 74 points which when scaled down to 48 games using the same equation is 44 points.

I don't know if we will make the playoffs i want to believe we will but i'm not confident about our defense. I'm not worried about the GF (i think we will be top in GF) i am worried about GA if we are going to make the playoffs GA needs to improve significantly.

I hope this makes some sense.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
I predicted 15th the last 2 years and was pretty close. Hard to say this year. I'll say above 15th for now.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
I'll say tenth because I'm an optimist.

We continue to see improvement, but the holes in the roster are still too great to overcome IMO.

Oct 15, 2008
14th. You dont stand pat, only adding two rookies, click your heels and expect to be in the playoffs. I feel sorry for Krueger. Gonna be a long year for him.

Start out with low expectations, then anything that exceeds them makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Everlasting

Jun 5, 2010
Somwhere in time
As an optimist, i have to say 13 - 10. Hopefully Oilers can take a big step this season. Considering how wierd this season will be becuse of how short it is and how many players have not played during this season. Anything can happen. And i think that this is factor everyone should take in consideration. If Oilers magically happens to make it to playoff, remember that they are not a playoff team and it will take even more of a miracle for them to reach the playoffs next season.

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
We'll miss playoffs narrowly. starting strong as usual, then crapping the bed during the bloody hell of a road trip just in the middle of the season. then we'll have another nice stretch but it won't be enough, and we'll finish 11th, 6-7 pts removed from the 8th place.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I think up front because the oilers had so many players playing they will get off to a flying start--I think the d will be slow at the start because only 2 played during the lockout and for me that could cause some frstrating nights

Hoogaar23

Apr 13, 2011
I'm not worried about the GF (i think we will be top in GF) i am worried about GA if we are going to make the playoffs GA needs to improve significantly.

Our GA doesn't "need to improve significantly". Last year we were 5 goals from being top 10 in GA at even strength. Like 20 from being top 10 in GF.

Our GA last year was fine. Our D will be better, Dubnyk > Khabi - I think we should be able to stay close to the same for GA. The key will be secondary scoring. If we can actually have 2 lines scoring, I think we could do some damage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad