Where do the Oilers finish this season?

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Just gonna leave this here....

The Pittsburgh Penguins finished 15th in their conference in 05-06 but jumped to 5th in 06-07. Just saying.

That being said I went with 7th. Hot start, rough patch mid season, squeak in.

Angelus*

I'm worried about that 9-game road trip. In a 48 game season? WTH? When was the last time we had an 9-game road trip in an 82 game season? At least we'll finish the season with a lot of home games.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
This is my problem with the high predictions:

All of these have to go right for us to land in the playoffs:
- Hemsky, Horcoff, Belanger, Whitney, Khabby all have bounce-back years. (Not Likely)
- Smyth has to sustain what he did for the first 40 games last season (Not likely).
- We have to see massive improvements from Gagner, Hartikainnen, MPS, Dubnyk, Petry (Not Likely)
- RNH, Hall, Eberle show drastic improvements (Very likely).
- Yakupov, Schultz, Fistric have to make a major impact (somewhat likely).
- No major injuries to anyone (VERY unlikely).
- League has to start calling the penalties again (possible).

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
This is my problem with the high predictions:

All of these have to go right for us to land in the playoffs:
- Hemsky, Horcoff, Belanger, Whitney, Khabby all have bounce-back years. (Not Likely)
- Smyth has to sustain what he did for the first 40 games last season (Not likely).
- We have to see massive improvements from Gagner, Hartikainnen, MPS, Dubnyk, Petry (Not Likely)
- RNH, Hall, Eberle show drastic improvements (Very likely).
- Yakupov, Schultz, Fistric have to make a major impact (somewhat likely).
- No major injuries to anyone (VERY unlikely).
- League has to start calling the penalties again (possible).

Honestly if ALL those things were to happen the Oilers would likely have the cup... not just make the playoffs.

If even half of those happen they make the playoffs imo.

Honestly I think most of those would have to not happen for them to miss, I think there's too many arrows pointing in the right direction for them to miss but certainly there's still the chance that things go off the rails yet again as nothing is for certain and this season more than ever we can expect the unexpected.

jokerboysmith

May 5, 2003
Planet Nebula
Visit site
Not sure they are in the west play off picture yet, however I expect them to be some where in the 8-10th spot so it is possible.

That being said they better not be last / second last again...
I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad