Where do the Jackets finish in the Metro Division?

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I'd rank the Rangers top 6 slightly better than ours based on history. Of course they played Torts' system and have Lunqvist in goal so they get the same kind of boost our guys got last year.

It will be interesting to watch those two units over the season.

Fair enough, and I'm guilty of homerism from time to time. I'm amazed how low the expectations are for this team tbh. Anything below 3rd in this division is a failure imo.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The Metro Division

We'll soon be used to thinking in terms of division and those three playoff spots.

The Metro division is not looking so tough right now.

The Rangers are awful, the Flyers are awful, the Caps don't look tough to beat, the Devils still haven't won, I haven't seen Carolina but as expected they have a negative goal differential..

On the flip side, the Islanders outplayed us the other night and the Penguins are the Penguins only with MA Fleury standing on his head. But it looks like we're one of the better teams so far.

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
We'll soon be used to thinking in terms of division and those three playoff spots.

The Rangers are awful, the Flyers are awful, the Caps don't look tough to beat, the Devils still haven't won, I haven't seen Carolina but as expected they have a negative goal differential..

On the flip side, the Islanders outplayed us the other night and the Penguins are the Penguins only with MA Fleury standing on his head. But it looks like we're one of the better teams so far.

It is very early, such a small sample size is not necessarily indicative of future results.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit

To expand on the "Too Early" comments you're going to get.

November 10th seems like the earliest date to draw a conclusion on where we rank compared to the Metro Division/East. 2 long homestands, 1 roadtrip, and a home and home against the Penguins seem like a good measure of where we rank. Ideally, we'll be somewhere around .667.

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
To expand on the "Too Early" comments you're going to get.

November 10th seems like the earliest date to draw a conclusion on where we rank compared to the Metro Division/East. 2 long homestands, 1 roadtrip, and a home and home against the Penguins seem like a good measure of where we rank. Ideally, we'll be somewhere around .667.

I normally don't like to draw conclusions from the first few weeks of the season, but I find it hard not to think it instructive that the Rangers and Flyers have been abominable.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Both of those teams now have new coaches. I'd expect some adjustment.

So do the Canucks and Colorado. And the Flyers didn't start with a new coach.

It is too early, but watching the NYR has this strange familiar feeling. The Nash trade, to me, just keeps getting better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad