Where are you from/live?

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
Originally from Vernon in NW NJ, but lived in Rochester NY for 6 years, Chicago for 8, and now living in "Race City USA" Mooresville NC (just north of Charlotte)
Lovingit down here BTW.....hardly any taxes, House just off Lake Norman....Waiting for the hot summer though.....

Need to get me a boat!!

Last edited:

das

Feb 4, 2010
Ironbound
Born and raised in Newark. Freshmen year of high school moevd to Clark. At 26 moved out and back to the Ironbound in Newark. I work in Hoboken, makes the commute easier. Can't wait to get out of here though.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Born and raised in Newark. Freshmen year of high school moevd to Clark. At 26 moved out and back to the Ironbound in Newark. I work in Hoboken, makes the commute easier. Can't wait to get out of here though.

I would stay, Zillian women.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Born in Rahway.

Grew up in Woodbridge, NJ until I was 9.

I have lived in Hazlet, NJ since. I guess that's considered central Jersey, but to some people they consider that the Jersey shore. All I know is that once memorial day comes the traffic doubles in my area cause all of you damn BENNYS going to Sandy Hook lol.

Status Quo*

Born in Rahway.

Grew up in Woodbridge, NJ until I was 9.

I have lived in Hazlet, NJ since. I guess that's considered central Jersey, but to some people they consider that the Jersey shore. All I know is that once memorial day comes the traffic doubles in my area cause all of you damn BENNYS going to Sandy Hook lol.

woah woah woah. I am not a BENNY! :laugh: It's all the trash from New York that destroy's the shore area and causes all the problems.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
My grandmother lived in manasquan before she died. I would spend summers there. They always told me I technically wasn't a Benny because my family owned property there. :laugh:

Some of the locals still called me a Benny but it was in good fun.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
woah woah woah. I am not a BENNY! :laugh: It's all the trash from New York that destroy's the shore area and causes all the problems.

If your from north jersey your a Benny sorry buddy :).. That's where the term comes from.. B for Bayonne E for Elizabeth N for Newark and I forget the rest.. Has to with how they used to issue train tickets back in the day lol

Status Quo*

If your from north jersey your a Benny sorry buddy :).. That's where the term comes from.. B for Bayonne E for Elizabeth N for Newark and I forget the rest.. Has to with how they used to issue train tickets back in the day lol

the NY is for New York. and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I refuse to believe I'm a BENNY :cry:

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
My grandmother lived in manasquan before she died. I would spend summers there. They always told me I technically wasn't a Benny because my family owned property there. :laugh:

Some of the locals still called me a Benny but it was in good fun.

I don't technically live in Manasquan, but my mailing address is Manasquan. It's always been my favorite and go-to beach spot.

goawaygary*

That Benny stuff is stupid. First off the shore is barren and desolate after Labor Day, so who in their right mind would want to live their outside of the summer months anyway.

Just because you live near it doesn't mean you own it. A Bergen/Passaic county resident has every right to descend on the shore and buy/rent property there.

I don't get this possessiveness. Maybe we should prevent Manasquan and Belmar residents from shopping in our malls and buying property in our suburbs? You never see that...

goawaygary*

I've heard that Staten Island has a lot of Devils fans actually, and it does make sense.. Certainly a heck of a lot cheaper and easier to get to our games! My buddy teaches on Staten Island and said about 1/3rd of the high school is Devils fans.. Says the Devils fans there are all typically younger (as is the case in Jersey) but definitely a large following and more passionate in general..

I've always wondered how NY-based Devils fans feel about all of the New Jersey marketing.. I mean, folks from NJ have no problem supporting NY teams so it shouldn't be a big deal but still

That's true. Staten Island and Rockland county are the two parts of NY that has NJ Devils representation. I have seen Devils flags and bumper stickers in SI. I was at a bar in SI for game 4 of the 2012 ECF and it was like 40% Devils, 60% Rags, which is solid representation on our part

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
That Benny stuff is stupid. First off the shore is barren and desolate after Labor Day, so who in their right mind would want to live their outside of the summer months anyway.

Just because you live near it doesn't mean you own it. A Bergen/Passaic county resident has every right to descend on the shore and buy/rent property there.

I don't get this possessiveness. Maybe we should prevent Manasquan and Belmar residents from shopping in our malls and buying property in our suburbs? You never see that...

Yeah, it's foolish and shortsighted.

But the yahoos (mostly from NYC's boros) who go to the Shore and disrespect everyone and everything have created that reputation.
Not talking about the families but pointing a finger at the packs of guidos/meatheads that empty their car ashtrays in the streets and can't have a fun night out without a brawl.

Status Quo*

But the yahoos (mostly from NYC's boros) who go to the Shore and disrespect everyone and everything have created that reputation.
Not talking about the families but pointing a finger at the packs of guidos/meatheads that empty their car ashtrays in the streets and can't have a fun night out without a brawl.

Yeah, it's pretty much the trash that comes from NY that gives North Jersey a bad name at the shore. The trash from NY also pollutes North Jersey highways and makes it a complete ***** on Saturdays to get around. All I see on rt4 and rt17 on Saturdays is NY plates. So annoying.

goawaygary*

true. Most of them are from NY.

I like Manasquan beach, but in recent years I've spent more and more time up in places like Martha's Vineyard (heh, maybe they see me as a sort of Benny creeping up there) but the whole Djais/Bar A crowd is just insufferable. And it's astounding how many receding hairline orange 37 year olds in their souped up Mazda's there are. And these are NOT NJ folks. Drunkenly slobbering over 21 year old girls in these seedy ratholes

I don't know how it was in the 80's but as recently as the late 90's it wasn't this bad. I guess a certain TV show changed all that

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad