Post-Game Talk: Where’s Roloson these days?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
can we just talk about how good Big Evan B has been?

Nurse - Bear
Bouchard - Larsson (like yesterday)
Jones - Barrie

can we give this a try?

I'd say we're definitely seeing how overstated the skating and defensive concerns have been.

I don't think there's been a single moment so far where I've thought "man, he would have made that play if he was a better skater".

Reactions: Oilhawks

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I'd say we're definitely seeing how overstated the skating and defensive concerns have been.

I don't think there's been a single moment so far where I've thought "man, he would have made that play if he was a better skater".
I think what tippet said earlier today makes some sense

bouchards hesitancy might simply be him overthinking what to do at times

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Is it just Twitter chatter (again?) for Gibson or is there actual speculation from some that might have connections?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Lagesson is a horrendous skater. But you're right.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Most of his mistakes are just rookie/young mistakes or lack of intensity in the D zone, nothing to due with skating.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

There's been so much talk that his skating has improved massively, but I really don't agree. I defended his skating in just about every Bouchard thread there was. He's always been a good skater, there was just this false narrative that he wasn't because sometimes he'd get flat footed or look lackadaisical out there. He may have improved it a bit, but to me his skating has always been a strength.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'm genuinely curious how he's doing with Preds this season. anyone have a scouting report?

im curious as well so I tried to Google up some scouting reports / impressions of him and couldn’t find any. But I did find an article on the hockeywriters when Benning was first signed and it had this hilariously inaccurate assessment of Benning: “
He can handle the puck very well and is known for his transition game. He should provide the Predators with an offensive spark and contribute significantly to the power play.”

LOL. How utterly, embarrassingly wrong.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
There's been so much talk that his skating has improved massively, but I really don't agree. I defended his skating in just about every Bouchard thread there was. He's always been a good skater, there was just this false narrative that he wasn't because sometimes he'd get flat footed or look lackadaisical out there. He may have improved it a bit, but to me his skating has always been a strength.
In his draft year his straight line skating was neck and neck with Dobson and dahlin (he was slightly slower). The only knock on him that I was aware of was the lack of “urgency”.

if he improves even a little in the defensive zone he will be a fantastic d man - better than nurse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad