Post-Game Talk: Where’s Roloson these days?

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Spector going on about the Kahun giveaway, Stauffer points out the Yamamoto one and then compares to Vancouver where they lose Markstrom and their shut down guy in Tanev and lose games like crazy.

He’s right, and hopefully it means something because the Oilers need another top 4D and a starter goalie.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
can we just talk about how good Big Evan B has been?

Nurse - Bear
Bouchard - Larsson (like yesterday)
Jones - Barrie

can we give this a try?

Yes sir. His defense game still needs work but these are common rookie mistakes, but his offense is undeniable. It will be crazy when he gets Barrie's minutes eventually

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Yes sir. His defense game still needs work but these are common rookie mistakes, but his offense is undeniable. It will be crazy when he gets Barrie's minutes eventually

Its funny because some fans (and Spector but he’s basically a glorified fan) keep going on about his mistakes that lead to the off goal against but he’s been out scoring these mistakes. I imagine he’d be sat by Spector et al for these mistakes :help:

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Looks like Smith starts tomorrow.

Expect another barnburner.
LOL

Dave thinks this is some computer program where things go linear? He is banking on that "ohh Smith always plays good the second time after sh**ing the bed". Kosko let in two tips, but he wasn't terrible. You wish he could have made himself a little bigger to stop one of them though. I notice when he goes down to a butterfly, he shrinks his sides in so much compared to other goalies you see. I have never been a goalie, so I can't explain it.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Its funny because some fans (and Spector but he’s basically a glorified fan) keep going on about his mistakes that lead to the off goal against but he’s been out scoring these mistakes. I imagine he’d be sat by Spector et al for these mistakes :help:

Spector is a Broberg fanboy. For some reason, it has to be X vs Y for him and during the play in scrimmages, it was always Broberg>>Bouchard in his eyes

It's this weird mindset of gotta talk down a player to prop up another.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Spector is a Broberg fanboy. For some reason, it has to be X vs Y for him and during the play in scrimmages, it was always Broberg>>Bouchard in his eyes

Makes sense, he’s just a fanboy overall, sounds like he posts here. Literally he’s still arguing with Stauffer about that play. Should have assumed Kahun would make the mistake and cross checked Wheeler instantly as the puck arrived. And since he didn’t, he should be benched! (I added that last part but it sounds like he would bench him.)

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Makes sense, he’s just a fanboy overall, sounds like he posts here. Literally he’s still arguing with Stauffer about that play. Should have assumed Kahun would make the mistake and cross checked Wheeler instantly as the puck arrived. And since he didn’t, he should be benched! (I added that last part but it sounds like he would bench him.)

I think Broberg may be better all around for overall gameplay.

But Bouchard has been much better than I thought he would be (defensively). He is going to make a few mistakes while he learns what plays he can and can't make in the NHL.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
I think Broberg may be better all around for overall gameplay.

But Bouchard has been much better than I thought he would be (defensively). He is going to make a few mistakes while he learns what plays he can and can't make in the NHL.

I’m a fan of both tbh. Bouchard has played much better defensively than I expected. Broberg has taken flack for a so-so SHL year but I think he’s going to end up in the AHL and dominate right after.

Reactions: gordonhught

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Imagine having that much confidence in your rookie defenseman that you are playing him on his offside and leaving Barrie and Larsson (an probably Bear) on the right.

Playfair should spend 100% of his time with this player.
said the exact same thing yesterday. says a lot when you trust a rookie to play better on his off-side than seasoned NHL vets.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Idk, I did appreciate his ability to change the occasional game with a big open ice hit.

I think we won this game 6-3 after letting in 3 goals straight.

You know what, good recall. He did make a handful of beautiful open ice hits in this 4 years here.

Proko88

May 6, 2010
The Oilers aren't getting Gibson. No one even suggested Gibson might be available. It makes zero sense at this point for the Ducks to trade him, not least because they have absolutely no replacement and they are currently fighting for a playoff spot.

The Oilers are once again missing a piece that is essential for taking the next step, that is also purportedly impossible to acquire.
Check it out, it’s Bob Murray. Hey everyone, make sure you don’t come up with any wild ideas cause Bob here will shut them down. SMH.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Don't know if it's been mentioned. But anyone else notice McDavid moving the stick out of the way from inside the bench, after Nurse slipped on it in his fight against Lowry?

Connor always there with the assist lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad