Post-Game Talk: Where’s Roloson these days?

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
If RNH could have converted that McDavid slap pass last night in the dying seconds the game not only would have gone to overtime but McDavid would have gotten to 500 points 1 game faster than Crosby. Now Mcdavid will have to try to tie Crosby at 500 points in 369 games on Wednesday.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
They call Kahun on the weakest interference call of all time in the first and then they let shit like that go? I f***ing hate the officiating in this league. Absolutely no consistency from game to game or even period to period.

As I posted in the GDT, the Oilers are now 4-13 and the Jets are now 11-7 when the one ref (Skilliter) officiates their games.

How can one team have such a horrible record without some sort of biased officiating going on. Two or three games on one side of .500 or the other-whatever, but nine games below .500? Anyone reading this can call me a conspiracy theorist or whatever but this is pretty hard to explain especially when you look at the Kahun interference call (Skilliter called that) and "missed" blatant trip (Skilliter didn't call that) which immediately turned into the 4th goal.

The best part is, this Skilliter f***er will be doing a lot of Oilers games this year as refs aren't crossing borders so lube up.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
As I posted in the GDT, the Oilers are now 4-13 and the Jets are now 11-7 when the one ref (Skilliter) officiates their games.

How can one team have such a horrible record without some sort of biased officiating going on. Two or three games on one side of .500 or the other-whatever, but nine games below .500? Anyone reading this can call me a conspiracy theorist or whatever but this is pretty hard to explain especially when you look at the Kahun interference call (Skilliter called that) and "missed" blatant trip (Skilliter didn't call that) which immediately turned into the 4th goal.

The best part is, this Skilliter f***er will be doing a lot of Oilers games this year as refs aren't crossing borders so lube up.
He also looks like a miserable pr**k as well. Zero excuse for the sh** I posted that they did not call. I am sure I could find some missed calls on Edmonton as well.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Watch, Rusell will be back next game instead of trying out Jones. Jones-Larsson pairing has been a disaster so I cannot see Dave putting Jones in.

Makes you wonder. Larsson has looked adequate with Legesson after being a tire fire. Is it Jones?

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005

FF'd the majority of the game. It was obvious from the start where the officiating was going and how the game was fated to end.

Reactions: McFuhryous

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Chiasson scored, so keep him out there for the last 2 minutes of the game

Just as you are ready to move on, and wave him, he scores teo goals, giving athe exact lrash to be kept. After that scoring a goal next game, and then he can zombiewalk rest of the season. I dont get my head straight on him.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
The goaltending was disappointing last night and has been for most of the season, and I obviously would've liked for it to be improved in the off-season, but Holland is somewhat handcuffed by the Koskinen contract. Nobody is going to trade for him. If he had bought him out last summer it would be FOUR years of dead cap space. If he acquired another goalie that makes $4m+, we'd be looking at close to $10m combined on goaltending this season, without room to have made any of the signings that we did. It's a tough spot to be in, and it all comes back to that $4.5m x 3 to Koskinen that Chiarelli F'd us with.

If nothing can be done this season, then this off-season is when I'll actually be angry if nothing gets accomplished in net. There will be cap space available and we should be exploring almost any option to figure this out. Trade the 1st + prospect + whatever if that's what it takes to find a guy that we can use for the next 5+ years as a starter.

Reactions: RattsSSV and TB12

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Caring Kahun for some games is tireing hin out maybe
Drai needs another guy who doesn't get pinned and knocked off of the puck along the boards. The line has been struggling for a while. Drai always tried to make a play and the other guys will lose it. The line only works if it is a quick strike line.

Why Dave doesn't try RNH back with them for even 1 period is INFURIATING. Boston keeps their chemistry line intact. Colorado usually does. We are getting some balance down in the roster. What is this guy so god damn afraid of?

Reactions: Duke74 and Oilhawks

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
The goaltending was disappointing last night and has been for most of the season, and I obviously would've liked for it to be improved in the off-season, but Holland is somewhat handcuffed by the Koskinen contract. Nobody is going to trade for him. If he had bought him out last summer it would be FOUR years of dead cap space. If he acquired another goalie that makes $4m+, we'd be looking at close to $10m combined on goaltending this season, without room to have made any of the signings that we did. It's a tough spot to be in, and it all comes back to that $4.5m x 3 to Koskinen that Chiarelli F'd us with.

If nothing can be done this season, then this off-season is when I'll actually be angry if nothing gets accomplished in net. There will be cap space available and we should be exploring almost any option to figure this out. Trade the 1st + prospect + whatever if that's what it takes to find a guy that we can use for the next 5+ years as a starter.
The fact that the garbage a** Old Boys Club even lets Chiarelli near another team is hilarious. He is with the Blues now? God I hope they go straight down into the shi****ter

Reactions: Oilhawks and TB12

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Unfortunately our last two losses can be laid directly at Koskinen and Smith’s feet.

If you’re scoring 4 or 5 goals and still losing, your goalies aren’t draping themselves in glory.

What's wild is it's not special teams driving the bus offensively this year: the Oilers are tied for first in the league for 5v5 GF. They also have the fourth most 5v5 GA.

This team is a goalie away from being a real threat.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

There's nothing wrong with having 8-9 million invested in goaltending total.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Drai needs another guy who doesn't get pinned and knocked off of the puck along the boards. The line has been struggling for a while. Drai always tried to make a play and the other guys will lose it. The line only works if it is a quick strike line.

Why Dave doesn't try RNH back with them for even 1 period is INFURIATING. Boston keeps their chemistry line intact. Colorado usually does. We are getting some balance down in the roster. What is this guy so god damn afraid of?

I'm getting frustrated as well by the lack of willingness to shake up the top 6. Earlier on I could kind of get it because without RNH, McDavid didn't have much to work with, but now that JP seems like he's figured it out, he's been a better 5 v 5 threat than RNH by far and seems to have more chemistry with McDavid.

Reactions: Duke74 and Oilhawks

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011

He cant make everyone happy. If the team will get succes, they need two top6 lines. So I think Tippet tries to create chemistry- because chemistry takes time. If Nuge moves off McDavids wing, McDavidbhasbto carry a line again.
Whosbto play that spot??
My favourite is Haas, he can defend, backcheck, play a pass. But Tippet is soo careful with his matching.

Maybe Khaira. Strongnplayer who can plat defensive side of. the game. We still dont have a good winger for McDavid

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Just as you are ready to move on, and wave him, he scores teo goals, giving athe exact lrash to be kept. After that scoring a goal next game, and then he can zombiewalk rest of the season. I dont get my head straight on him.

He's the Steve Staios of forwards. He was just like that. ;)

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
There's nothing wrong with having 8-9 million invested in goaltending total.

I would maybe agree if so much of our cap wasn't tied up in paying Chiasson $2.15m, Neal $5.75m, Russell $4m and almost $4m worth of buy-outs. There isn't flexibility under those conditions.

Even then, $8m is higher than most teams are spending in total. League average cap hit in net is under $7m. The only teams above $9m are Montreal, Arizona, Vegas, Florida, Tampa Bay and Boston.

Holland didn't come into this situation with a clean slate - he's facing the limitations that Chiarelli left us with at the end of his 4 years here. It's been less than 2 years since the switch, and the situation is slowly being un-f***ed.

This summer is when some flexibility can be had. Chiasson gone, Russell cap hit shrinks massively, Larsson gone, could buy out Koskinen without it stinging too much.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
What's wild is it's not special teams driving the bus offensively this year: the Oilers are tied for first in the league for 5v5 GF. They also have the fourth most 5v5 GA.

This team is a goalie away from being a real threat.
This is what gives me optimism. They are up there 5 on 5, something they always get sh** o for. We know we can score on the PP. Need to improve tending, PK, and overall zone coverage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad