Confirmed with Link: When Will Werenski Sign (UPDATE: 9 September 2019, apparently - $15m/3yr)

When will Werenski sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I'm thinking the holdup on these deals is if it is a bridge deal the per years are something like 4-4.5.7.5 so the next qualifying offer is high or it is a signing bonus deal with annual salary around a mll or so the rest in signing bonuses. It can't just be term & straight salary.

And I agree Dubas screwed the pooch for everyone for his deals with Matthews & Nylander/

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Maybe my memory is wrong, but are the poll options wrong? Doesn't he have only until Dec. 1 to sign?

Mea culpa. December 1 was the Nylander drop dead date last season.

I tried to edit the choices but wasn't able to. So the Opening nite through Dec 31 should read thru Dec 1.

Last edited:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I wonder how the poll would have been different if it was:

-Before start of camp
-During camp
-Between season opener and Dec. 1
-Traded
-Sits out season

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
In the Torts interview he seemed to be a bit frustrated he hasn't signed yet. That is of interest to me (per CBS site)

Meanwhile, regarding restricted free agent Zach Werenski, Torts told Portzline that he’d be “disgusted” if his player was to missing training camp.
“I just don’t want him to miss a beat here,” Tortorella said, raving about how Werenski has grown as a player.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
^What the hell took so long if it's a 3 x 5?

This should still be an 8 year deal, but I understand Zach wanting to maximize his earnings and sign a bigger deal in three years.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
It’s a good deal in a vacuum, but we’re also likely not gonna have cap issues in the next three years. We’re now gonna have to re-sign both him and Jones at the same time, and that could be really tricky. So I would’ve preferred 8 years at a slightly higher AAV. Regardless, happy he’s not gonna miss camp.

Also (whispers whispers) this is an extremely tradable contract, if we want to try that route for a 1LW.

Reactions: LoveCBJ

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Because I'm always wrong I changed my vote to after Opening Night.

See, I told y'all. Good deal but just kicks the can down the road to some extent. Good news is he'll still be RFA; bad news him and Jones same year now.

Big loser here is Provorov and his reported 8mm demand.

Waiting to see year by year breakdown. I'm guessing 4-5 -6. Some signing bonuses.

Reactions: Viqsi

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Jarmo is pretty good as this gm stuff . Easily tradeable contract if he were to let’s say , make an offer to the leafs for Marner :nod:. We also have tons of cap space and flexibility . Regardless , a player of Zach’s talent on the blueline locked in for 3 years at 5 mil , is a steal

Reactions: CPTN71 and LoveCBJ

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
See, I told y'all. Good deal but just kicks the can down the road to some extent. Good news is he'll still be RFA; bad news him and Jones same year now.
Maybe they'll wanna do twinsie deals like Toews and Kane ;)

Jarmo is pretty good as this gm stuff . Easily tradeable contract if he were to let’s say , make an offer to the leafs for Marner :nod:. We also have tons of cap space and flexibility . Regardless , a player of Zach’s talent on the blueline locked in for 3 years at 5 mil , is a steal
Lets do it (Marner)!!

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Happy minions.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad