NFL: When will the Pittsburgh Steelers lose their first game?

When will the Steelers lose their first game?

• Total voters

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Congrats to @77Bourque for being the one guy to get it right
Even made a little real life cash off the game but that 10.5 spread was too easy to not bet on even if Washington lost. It just had all the earmarks of an upset. I don’t think Pittsburgh is a particularly great team and after watching them barely beat a team with 22 players with covid, they are way overrated. Washington’s defense is actually pretty good and over the last 4 games are getting better and better.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
So, if KC and Pit win out and since they don't play each other, who would get the #1 seed in that instance? On NFL.com it has the KC with the bye and they have already updated the Steelers record with the loss.

A bye vs plays either LV/Indy/Mia/Cle or Bal

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
So, if KC and Pit win out and since they don't play each other, who would get the #1 seed in that instance? On NFL.com it has the KC with the bye and they have already updated the Steelers record with the loss.

I thought I read KC wins the tie breaker but I can’t remember what the exact scenario was that gave KC the edge.

2020 NFL Playoff Picture | NFL

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK

Actually, I need to amend this. If both teams win out the rest of the season than Pittsburgh wins the #1 seed. Pittsburgh lost to an NFC team while the Chiefs lost to an AFC team which would be the deciding factor.

Going to be tough for Pittsburgh to keep winning with The Dolts, Cleveland and Buffalo ahead. KC doesn’t have an easy path either with NO and Miami ahead.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Steelers are currently ahead in the tie-breaker rules:

1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  4. Strength of victory.
  5. Strength of schedule.
  6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best net points in conference games.
  9. Best net points in all games.
  10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  11. Coin toss.
NFL Tiebreaking Procedures | NFL.com

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Everyone thought it would be Buffalo.

Instead, it's the bland and boring Washington Checkdowns

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad