NFL: When will the Pittsburgh Steelers lose their first game?

When will the Steelers lose their first game?

• Total voters

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Outside of playing Baltimore twice, their next hardest opponent is Buffalo then not much else.

Either they lose a well fought game against a worthy opponent (most likely Baltimore) or they play down to their opponent, make a bunch of unforced errors, and lose hilariously (possibly Dallas, Jacksonville, or Cleveland).

member 157595

Hopefully next week, but I have a feeling that defense could give the Ravens problems.

knowing the Steelers, they lose to like the Cowboys or Bengals over the Ravens

Pittsburgh is going to physically bully the Bengals, just like they've done for years. Burrow will need to wear a few layers of bubble wrap. :(

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Baltimore ends it this week.

Blows my mind that the Steelers haven't a season with anywhere near 6 consecutive wins out of the gate since the 70s (4-0 was enough to go back that far for a franchise that's been competitive almost my entire life)...but I'd struggle to put this team over half a dozen other Steelers teams that have included Ben Roethlisberger. Not that roster quality has had any baring on which Steelers teams eek out a ring and which ones fail spectacularly since the start of the Cowher era.

Fills my heart with joy to watch the Steelers pass rush this good again, though. I just don't have faith in too many people in this organization for me to expect anything other than for the Steelers to be miserably unprepared and refuse to make adjustments come playoff time.

Reactions: DaveG

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Baltimore ends it this week.

Blows my mind that the Steelers haven't a season with anywhere near 6 consecutive wins out of the gate since the 70s (4-0 was enough to go back that far for a franchise that's been competitive almost my entire life)...but I'd struggle to put this team over half a dozen other Steelers teams that have included Ben Roethlisberger. Not that roster quality has had any baring on which Steelers teams eek out a ring and which ones fail spectacularly since the start of the Cowher era.

Fills my heart with joy to watch the Steelers pass rush this good again, though. I just don't have faith in too many people in this organization for me to expect anything other than for the Steelers to be miserably unprepared and refuse to make adjustments come playoff time.

the Steelers beat Baltimore and then lose to Dallas because Tomlin.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
I will preface this by saying The Steelers are my 1st love since I grew up in the 'Burgh & still root for them anytime they don't play Miami. Next week is one of those games that in the past they would likely lose; a weakish team on the road following a big win like they had today. Problem is, Dallas is an absolute abomination right now & even if Dalton plays, the Steelers have owned Dalton. As good as Burrow is playing, I just can't see them losing to the Bungles at home the following week.

So we next come to the Jags game on the road........folks THIS is the one to now keep an eye on. Go ahead & laugh if you must but remember a couple short years ago when they lost to a 2 win Raiders team on the road late in the season.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
So we next come to the Jags game on the road........folks THIS is the one to now keep an eye on. Go ahead & laugh if you must but remember a couple short years ago when they lost to a 2 win Raiders team on the road late in the season.

The Steelers losing a game they should win against the Jaguars was a painful, near-annual tradition for a good while that gets dredged up every few years. Even if the Steelers pull the no-show in an easily winnable game routine in either or both of the next two weeks, no part of me would be surprised if the Steelers go into Jacksonville completely focused on the Ravens the next week and lay a rotten, easily smashed egg.

I'm not used to long winning streaks to start a season, but I certainly don't have the level of confidence I'm used to seeing fans of teams with such a record. This Steelers team is better than I expected them to be (anyone saying they had faith in Ben returning to this form is a blind Yinzer), but there's still plenty of weaknesses to be taken advantage of.

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
They won't lose to Dallas. Dallas is so shitty they couldn't even move the ball on a shitty Eagles defense. I know it's on brand for the Steelers to botch a completely winnable game but they'd have to reallllly **** up to lose that game.

I'll go with either Cincy (since at least they have a pulse) or Buffalo.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I could actually see the Steelers going 16-0 as of this moment.

Their schedule isn't very difficult this season.

They got to play their other-conference games against the NFC East. They got to avoid teams like Kansas City.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
I could actually see the Steelers going 16-0 as of this moment.

Their schedule isn't very difficult this season.

They got to play their other-conference games against the NFC East. They got to avoid teams like Kansas City.
Forgetting for a moment the jokes about "The Mike Tomlin Specials", they still could legitimately lose the rematch against The Ravens and the road game at Buffalo. On paper, every other game is winnable & I would project them at 14-2 if they stay healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->