NFL: When will the Pittsburgh Steelers lose their first game?

When will the Steelers lose their first game?

• Total voters

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I could actually see the Steelers going 16-0 as of this moment.

Their schedule isn't very difficult this season.

They got to play their other-conference games against the NFC East. They got to avoid teams like Kansas City.

Zero chance they got 16-0.

I could see them losing to a team they should beat. It happens every year to them.

Reactions: ACC1224

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Doesn't look like Big Ben is guaranteed to play this week, so Cincy could give them fits.

member 157595

Doesn't look like Big Ben is guaranteed to play this week, so Cincy could give them fits.

I hope so but I doubt it. You guys are the big-time alpha dog in that relationship until proven otherwise.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I hope so but I doubt it. You guys are the big-time alpha dog in that relationship until proven otherwise.
I know my bio indicates that I'm from Pittsburgh, but make no mistake, there's no "you guys", I'm no Steelers fan, and I'm definitely not a Yinzer! lol.

member 157595

I know my bio indicates that I'm from Pittsburgh, but make no mistake, there's no "you guys", I'm no Steelers fan, and I'm definitely not a Yinzer! lol.

Fair enough, I've never lived in Cincinnati so I probably shouldn't have made the same assumption about you than people do about me.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Fair enough, I've never lived in Cincinnati so I probably shouldn't have made the same assumption about you than people do about me.
Didn't mean to come across too hard, I just try to distance myself from Pittsburgh fans, as I tend to find them kind of cringe-y, very biased, and not generally very insightful, lol. Loved the Steelers as a kid, but as an adult I'm more just a general football fan, and fans of certain players rather than whole teams.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Zero chance they got 16-0.

I could see them losing to a team they should beat. It happens every year to them.

This Steelers team reminds me of the 2008 Titans or 2013 Chiefs. Last remaining undefeated team but not very convincing.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
This Steelers team reminds me of the 2008 Titans or 2013 Chiefs. Last remaining undefeated team but not very convincing.
Just wonder, what really is "not convincing" about this Steelers team? Living in Pittsburgh as a non-Steelers fan I tend to be pretty strongly critical of the Steelers, but they've proved me very wrong this year.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Just wonder, what really is "not convincing" about this Steelers team? Living in Pittsburgh as a non-Steelers fan I tend to be pretty strongly critical of the Steelers, but they've proved me very wrong this year.
They've exceeded expectations for sure, but have benefitted from a very easy schedule as well. Look no further than the recent Cowboys game as a reason I am not yet 100% sold on them. As I stated in then upset thread, this week is the type of game that historically tends to trip them up......if they can convincingly beat the Jags I will be a lot more convinced that this year may be different.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I think the big thing is the inconsistency. Games against two bad teams were a decent bit closer than they should have been, the only blowouts being against their two traditional punching bags. There's definitely a letdown game each season and they haven't been nearly as dominant as some of the teams that are undefeated this late in a season typically are.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Anyone going to go out on a limb and pick the mighty Jake Luton and DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUVAL?

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Steelers cannot run the ball. At all. Of course the idiot coaches insist in running sweeps and trying to go outside when everyone is sitting on it. Passing the ball 45-50 times a game will get this team nowhere when the games really matter.

member 157595

Steelers cannot run the ball. At all. Of course the idiot coaches insist in running sweeps and trying to go outside when everyone is sitting on it. Passing the ball 45-50 times a game will get this team nowhere when the games really matter.

Possibly, but I'm not sure of that given how today's NFL works. However, in order to throw the football 50 times and win in the playoffs consistently you probably either 1) need a lights-out defense because you're likely to badly lose the time of possession battle otherwise; and/or 2) need to have a really, really dominant offense overall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad