When will Rich Tocchet be fired (or otherwise cease being our head coach)?

When will RT stop being our coach?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
If they do end up parting, I hope it's done amicably. The media is going to do whatever, but I hope they stay on good terms as he certainly was a fan favorite as a player and should always be among the alumni.

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If they do end up parting, I hope it's done amicably. The media is going to do whatever, but I hope they stay on good terms as he certainly was a fan favorite as a player and should always be among the alumni.
One of my top five favorites all time. Love Tocchet. Really don’t want him to be our coach anymore. No hard feelings. He tried and failed. Just wasn’t as good at coaching as playing. I’ll be happy for any success he has elsewhere.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I would say chances are quite good that Dreger's "source" is Rick Tocchet.

It's a shame Craig is so in the tank for Tocchet. I'd love to hear the details of the conversation Tocchet had with BA in early February, right after beating the Blues 3x. Tocchet came out of that like a jilted lover, immediately running to Dreger to say he'd be available and in demand in the summer.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I will absolutely drag my fat old ass out to that. As long as everyone promises not to be mean to me for me being mean on the internet. LOL.
You will get sympathy from all.;) The problem with meeting everyone is that we will become friends and we won't say anything bad or sarcastic ever again. It will take the fun out of posting on here. I want to be on more posters ignore list not less.:laugh:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Watch as the franchise gets torn a new asshole by the media for letting such a "good coach" walk out.

Oh, it will. Might work out for us though. My alma mater got blasted by the media 20 years ago for firing a football coach named Ron Zook. "He's a hard worker", they said. "He'll land on his feet!" "He doesn't deserve to be treated like this"...

They replaced Zook with a guy named Urban Meyer, and the next 5 years were great (though that 6th was admittedly a little rough)

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

Moron alert.

Yeah we don’t have a top centre but our goaltending and defence should be competitive to the point of playoff contender. There is no superstar forward but there is a good albeit small collection of talent. It’s not like we are rolling out the Golden Seals here.

All of that underperforming screams coaching issue. It’s as clear as day.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Moron alert.

Yeah we don’t have a top centre but our goaltending and defence should be competitive to the point of playoff contender. There is no superstar forward but there is a good albeit small collection of talent. It’s not like we are rolling out the Golden Seals here.

Anyone that watched the games knows the compete wasn't always there, and certainly wasn't there 'until the end'.

This shit is so dangerous. I am not all confident Meruelo and XG know better.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

Moron alert.

tenor.gif

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Moron alert.

Actually he was somewhat correct.

Best coaches in the world won’t get you anywhere if they player’s have the mental capacity of a box of rocks.

Too many players were performing well under their contracts.

And BA does have his work cut out for him.

But you saw a kudo for Tocchet and stopped there.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Tocc clearly spending his paychecks on bribing the media to write puff pieces about him. Wouldn't be the first time he's done some questionable things with money :snide:

Tocchet is like the perfect honeypot for stupid. Friends around the league bleating nonsense in his favor echoes off of lazy people who don't watch or follow the Coyotes. Here's what they are writing in Penguin land:

Tocchet also has done brilliant work with the Arizona Coyotes despite working for, arguably, the NHL’s worst owner and front office and with the team’s home games in the league’s worst arena. The Coyotes were clinging to fourth place and the final playoff slot that goes with it from the West Division going into Monday night’s games. It will be a stunning accomplishment if they qualify for the postseason.

Tocchet is in the final season of his contract with the Coyotes and will be much in demand if he becomes a free agent. Can you imagine the excitement in Philadelphia if the underachieving Flyers brought him in to replace Alain Vigneault? Tocchet was a popular player — a star, actually — when he played in Philadelphia from 1984-92 before being traded to the Penguins and helping them win the Cup in 1992.

I’m not sure how much Sullivan would like seeing Tocchet coach the Penguins’ cross-state rivals, though.

Ron Cook: Mike Sullivan, Rick Tocchet have separated from NHL coaching pack

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'm gonna guess Ron Cook has watched less than 1 Coyotes game in the past four years, save for when it includes Pittsburgh.

And wtf does "league's worst arena" have to do with on-ice performance?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
But you saw a kudo for Tocchet and stopped there.

One could argue that Tocchet has also not performed to his contract.

Even the "full of AHL players" comment is dumb. Who? Maybe someone like Chaput who he chose to play over a better player like Bunting for much of the season?

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
You will get sympathy from all.;) The problem with meeting everyone is that we will become friends and we won't say anything bad or sarcastic ever again. It will take the fun out of posting on here. I want to be on more posters ignore list not less.:laugh:

You say that like I wouldn't be 100x worse in person than I am on this forum... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad