When will Rich Tocchet be fired (or otherwise cease being our head coach)?

When will RT stop being our coach?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I don't think it had anything to do with money. BA wanted to evaluate the team and coaches. We weren't a SC contender to begin with so keeping RT this year isn't the end of the world, but I would have canned his ass last year. Also, maybe BA has a coach in mind but is currently employed by another team.
Disagree, especially with Covid, I am sure Alex didn't want to pay 2 coaches. BA maybe wanted to give RT a chance given his reputation in the NHL. If BA started with a clean slate, RT wouldn't have been his coach. You might be right though, the guy he wants to hire could have been employed. BA has had plenty of time to think about who to invite in for interviews by now. I am sure he will be thorough.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Craig's new article is titled "If Fans Had Their Way" and seems to be a direct "love" letter to board 40 hahaha.

Some golden nuggets:
"Gerard Gallant would be coaching the team by now, and all of Arizona’s roster deficiencies would magically disappear"
"Oliver Ekman-Larsson would be stripped of the captain’s C and Jakob Chychrun would wear it instead."
"Ekman-Larsson would be traded for “anything they can get” in the offseason."

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Craig's new article is titled "If Fans Had Their Way" and seems to be a direct "love" letter to board 40 hahaha.

Some golden nuggets:
"Gerard Gallant would be coaching the team by now, and all of Arizona’s roster deficiencies would magically disappear"
"Oliver Ekman-Larsson would be stripped of the captain’s C and Jakob Chychrun would wear it instead."

We'll all have to chip in and buy him some flowers when Tocchet leaves.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017

Some golden nuggets:

Idk what the tone of said article was but it feels very pretentious and pompous. Comes off as talking down to the stupid fans who think such silly thoughts that someone great like him would know better.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona

Some golden nuggets:

He forgot this one:
Craig Morgan is human sacrificed in front of Gila River Arena and a real journalist rises to begin covering the Coyotes that doesn't fall in love with a sh*tty coach and terrible status quo and actually ask tough questions that could put his access in jeopardy.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Disagree, especially with Covid, I am sure Alex didn't want to pay 2 coaches. BA maybe wanted to give RT a chance given his reputation in the NHL. If BA started with a clean slate, RT wouldn't have been his coach. You might be right though, the guy he wants to hire could have been employed. BA has had plenty of time to think about who to invite in for interviews by now. I am sure he will be thorough.
He could have one of the assistant coaches take over and it would not have cost him 1 red cent. It was a shortened season so BA maybe thought to give the coaches and players rope and see who hangs themself.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Some golden nuggets:
Not a fan of Craig's, but he hit the nail on the head.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Idk what the tone of said article was but it feels very pretentious and pompous. Comes off as talking down to the stupid fans who think such silly thoughts that someone great like him would know better.
In all honestly, us fans are stupid. We don't have any inside info on players or coaches etc., but yet we act like we know everything about the organization and the game of hockey. Hell, some posters haven't even played the game, and some don't even bother to go to a game, instead would rather watch it on TV with remote in hand so they can rewind and do a slow motion of a players screw up and then criticize them to no end. We all talk out of our ass thinking we know more than we do. Morgan does the same thing, he just wants you to believe he knows more about the game and the team than you and I.

Reactions: Kojootti

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

Some golden nuggets:
Wow so there's no question he reads this board now. The FB group is mostly homers or you get banned. Hi Craig. I don't think the team pays you so how about a tough question now and then? Come on man. You can do it! Go ahead and talk shit about us but your weak ass coverage is as soft as the team.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
In all honestly, us fans are stupid. We don't have any inside info on players or coaches etc., but yet we act like we know everything about the organization and the game of hockey. Hell, some posters haven't even played the game, and some don't even bother to go to a game, instead would rather watch it on TV with remote in hand so they can rewind and do a slow motion of a players screw up and then criticize them to no end. We all talk out of our ass thinking we know more than we do. Morgan does the same thing, he just wants you to believe he knows more about the game and the team than you and I.

Well, that's what rubs me the wrong way. He's not any better (or barely any better. Idk what kind of real insight he gets). So he really doesn't have a place to look down on the rest as if he's the only one with answers and anyone that doesn't agree with him is a fool.

Also, while it may be true that fans can be stupid, it doesn't mean they are never right. Now, if they had the same access to the knowledge that Bill Armstrong has... who knows what the opinion would be. With more data there would probably be better informed choices.

Example: A person doesn't need to be a qualified mechanic to know that their car isn't running properly. Especially if that person drives a ton and studies cars for fun (like some forum members). Someone who barely drives and doesn't know a car needs an oil change... yea they might not really know much unless it's catastrophic (casual fan). But the point is that you can be informed enough to make correct general assumptions without the qualifications to know the exact solution.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ

Some golden nuggets:
I’m guilty of at least 12 of his chirps. He’s planning a “1 point for every chirp” follow up tweet tonight.

Despite his denial of ever visiting F40, there’s no way he put that list together without spending a decent amount of time in here.

Reactions: RemoAZ

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’m guilty of at least 12 of his chirps. He’s planning a “1 point for every chirp” follow up tweet tonight.

Despite his denial of ever visiting F40, there’s no way he put that list together without spending a decent amount of time in here.
Did he deny that? He most DEFINITELY reads this forum.

Reactions: Sinurgy

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
I'm sure Craig can handle it, but I wish some would temper their criticisms to be more constructive rather than attacking. He's a journalist first and foremost, not an analyst though sometimes he provides analysis, though often he will cite a source because he's likes to cover his bases. I wish we had a large media base with many analysts because there is a definite lack of voices covering the team. The more traditional journalist takes he gets on the team like his piece on how the goalie development team has come to be are my favorite kinds of pieces he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad