When is the season ender press conference?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I don't even have to watch it to know everything the Wonder Boy will say.

We are disappointed with this years outcome but will proceed to make adjustments to improve next year.

We still believe in our players and our vision and just need some patience.

Some things did not work out as expected and that is on me and I promise I will strive to be better.

We will look at any opportunities to improve.

We are confident that next year we will be better come closer to our team expectations.

We are snake oil salesman and screwed this up badly but we want to keep our jobs a little longer so please pay the 20% increase in tickets prices without complaining and keep buying all our way overpriced merchandise.
Oops,did I say that last thing out loud?

and as soon as they make a player move they’ll be “Cup contenders”, according to the fans and media.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Let me debrief you and save you time

I accept responsibility. I didn't give Keefe what he needed
We made some great progress. We came together as a team to comeback
We feel strong going into next year
We still believe in this team. The answer is that locker room

-kyle Dubai
While I agree this is what we'll hear I also want Dubas to come down on his stance that certain players (Willy/Mitch) will not be traded because the organization believes in them and whatnot. If so he's gotta get called out for tying his cart to horses that just don't pull.

I'm angry so I'm not in the best frame of mind to do full evaluations but if I'm Dubas I'm trying to trade both those guys for RH defense/depth/prospects/picks. Pietrangelo is on the top of my wish list and Noah Dobson is my target for 2nd pair RHD to play with Muzzin.

The forward groups with Matthews and Tavares will take care of itself if you have a defense like this that can actually make a tape-to-tape pass instead of throwing it into the forwards' feet all game.

Reilly-Pietrangelo
Muzzin-Dobson
Sandin-Holl
Liljegren

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
While I agree this is what we'll hear I also want Dubas to come down on his stance that certain players (Willy/Mitch) will not be traded because the organization believes in them and whatnot. If so he's gotta get called out for tying his cart to horses that just don't pull.

I'm angry so I'm not in the best frame of mind to do full evaluations but if I'm Dubas I'm trying to trade both those guys for RH defense/depth/prospects/picks. Pietrangelo is on the top of my wish list and Noah Dobson is my target for 2nd pair RHD to play with Muzzin.

The forward groups with Matthews and Tavares will take care of itself if you have a defense like this that can actually make a tape-to-tape pass instead of throwing it into the forwards' feet all game.

Reilly-Pietrangelo
Muzzin-Dobson
Sandin-Holl
Liljegren

We both know this is a pipe dream. Pietrangelo isn't coming here. Pietrangelo going to want 10mil, we don't have that kind of money for one position. We used that up on Tavares
Beginning to think Lilly is a bust. He hasn't shown anything to tell me he can play top 4

Dobson? Just don't see it.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
He's a wonderful public speaker. If the GM thing doesn't work out I think he'll do great in politics. Unlike most GMs he realizes that taking the blame doesn't mean any sort of consequence so there's no harm in actually doing it. There's no issue for Dubas taking blame for things not working out. He doesn't have to change anything or worry about much since Shanahan has his back.

If taking blame meant actually changing anything that might be worth noting. But saying "my bad" doesn't matter since it doesn't impact the team on the ice at all. It's just PR.

Which is why I'm fine with skipping watching. We know what will be said. In reality there isn't a wide variety of things to say anyways. All the more so since I doubt he intends to change anything significant this offseason.
I always, ALWAYS take the blame at work. It buys you so much rope. Don't be so hard on yourself, you're doing really well. It's other people's responsibility to do such and such.

Long story short, ALWAYS take the blame and blame yourself when it's not your fault. It does wonders for your career.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Kyle is actually really impressive what he says. He fully takes the blame which other GM's wouldn't. He holds himself accountable yet posters don't like that either.
He can't really win which says more about the unreasonable portion fans we have.
He’s a great salesman but a terrible hockey executive. Salesmen are usually bright, well spoken and personable. Unfortunately, a lot more is required to operate a successful organization.

Last edited by a moderator:

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
We both know this is a pipe dream. Pietrangelo isn't coming here. Pietrangelo going to want 10mil, we don't have that kind of money for one position. We used that up on Tavares
Beginning to think Lilly is a bust. He hasn't shown anything to tell me he can play top 4

Dobson? Just don't see it.
Marner can go, Pietrangelo can take that money.

Lilly may bust but he's still young, and for his age was very productive in the AHL.

NYI has depth at RHD and so far have been hesitant to give Dobson a chance. He's 6'4, a fantastic skater, his junior resume is incredible. I see him as the next Seth Jones ready to break out, now is likely the only chance to get ahold of a guy like him. Once established he going to be untradeable

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Marner can go, Pietrangelo can take that money.

Lilly may bust but he's still young, and for his age was very productive in the AHL.

NYI has depth at RHD and so far have been hesitant to give Dobson a chance. He's 6'4, a fantastic skater, his junior resume is incredible. I see him as the next Seth Jones ready to break out, now is likely the only chance to get ahold of a guy like him. Once established he going to be untradeable

which is why he wont be dealt ...the Isles need to shed $$ to resign Barzal, and need their good, young cheap players
...they are going to unload Leddy if they can

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Mitch Marner on his series vs. #CBJ
: "The first game, I wasn't engaged at all, in the physicalness of play at all. And then from that point on, I felt like I got a lot more engaged and playing as my old self...but zero goals isn't going to get the job done."
10:43 AM · Aug 12, 2020·Twitter Web App

Time to move on from Marner. You can't get paid 11 million and have that attitude in a playoff game. He is the cancer in the room his attitude needs to be moved on and bring in someone else who might be less talented but will work 2x as hard when the chips are down.

Just unreal statement by him

Reactions: supermann_98

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
: "The first game, I wasn't engaged at all, in the physicalness of play at all. And then from that point on, I felt like I got a lot more engaged and playing as my old self...but zero goals isn't going to get the job done."

Time to move on from Marner. You can't get paid 11 million and have that attitude in a playoff game. He is the cancer in the room his attitude needs to be moved on and bring in someone else who might be less talented but will work 2x as hard when the chips are down.

thats player talk for saying he sucked in game 1 and got nothing going.
nobody is going to smash you in practice like the Jackets would in a playoff game, so, its hard to get used to the physical element, and in a short series, after ONE practice game (where players are more worried about getting hurt, since its a meaningless game) its even worse.

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

:confused: Odd take.
Looks like he's taking responsibility for his play, not many try harder than he does and he is the furthest thing from a cancer in the room.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Dubas better have a response like Jimmy Rutherford. Pittsburgh just cleaned house with its coaching staff and he says major roster moves are coming. Make big changes please

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Some great insider stuff there from James. Glad he makes the big bucks.
if you look closely you can see the string attached to Mirtle............

DUBAS
upload_2020-8-12_11-21-48.jpeg

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Unnecessary hype from Myrtle IMO

Prepare for a lot of cliches and high level comments, while accepting the blame for their failure.

No sense in making big proclamations since it only adds public pressure to make big moves this off-season which other GM's can exploit.

If it's one thing I learned is that what management (and the players too for the fact) say to the media doesn't really matter. Actions speak louder than words.

I agree with this BUT sometimes things do get noticed when looking between the lines.

For example at last year's Dubas refused to say 100% that Babcock would be back, indicating there was a growing split and a few months later Babs was gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad