When is the season ender press conference?

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Exactly, basically the prolonged version of this:
EfE77S9X0AEfbe6
*shudders*
Empty platitudes are the worst 'tudes

Reactions: mclaren55

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
If I see them say anything along the lines of it being a fluke in terms of how good Cbj is and that they still believe in their vision or something like that then I'll be pissed. Basically anything that suggests they're going to stick to their current style and it indicates they're in trouble.

I know there are some posters who keep mentioning that 2% shooting stat and say it's a fluke but it's not a fluke, the inconsistency of this team based on how they can potentially play over the last two years and the last two post-seasons is not a fluke. We have a sample size here and it's enough to suggest they don't know how to play go-to-the-net playoff hockey.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
If I see them say anything along the lines of it being a fluke in terms of how good Cbj is and that they still believe in their vision or something like that then I'll be pissed. Basically anything that suggests they're going to stick to their current style and it indicates they're in trouble.

I know there are some posters who keep mentioning that 2% shooting stat and say it's a fluke but it's not a fluke, the inconsistency of this team based on how they can potentially play over the last two years and the last two post-seasons is not a fluke. We have a sample size here and it's enough to suggest they don't know how to play go-to-the-net playoff hockey.
Prepare to be furious then, that's the song this band will play for the rest of 2020. It can't possibly be that Kyle's vision is likely wrong and won't work for the playoffs.

Reactions: ACC1224

EGL22

Mar 20, 2018
I don't even have to watch it to know everything the Wonder Boy will say.

We are disappointed with this years outcome but will proceed to make adjustments to improve next year.

We still believe in our players and our vision and just need some patience.

Some things did not work out as expected and that is on me and I promise I will strive to be better.

We will look at any opportunities to improve.

We are confident that next year we will be better come closer to our team expectations.

We are snake oil salesman and screwed this up badly but we want to keep our jobs a little longer so please pay the 20% increase in tickets prices without complaining and keep buying all our way overpriced merchandise.
Oops,did I say that last thing out loud?

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

I doubt they will come out and say Leafs is trading everyone but AM and JT.
They are not going to anything but disappointing season, take the positives and build on them, it is a good lesson......

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

We are disappointed with this years outcome but will proceed to make adjustments to improve next year.

Some things did not work out as expected and that is on me and I promise I will strive to be better.

We are confident that next year we will be better come closer to our team expectations.

We are snake oil salesman and screwed this up badly but we want to keep our jobs a little longer so please pay the 20% increase in tickets prices without complaining and keep buying all our way overpriced merchandise.

DID you write their speech?

Honestly, I don't see them coming out and ripping the team will help.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Prepare to be furious then, that's the song this band will play for the rest of 2020. It can't possibly be that Kyle's vision is likely wrong and won't work for the playoffs.
Did you read the future? What makes you think they will say that? Even if they do, it won't mean anything. Ripping the team doesn't do anyone good.
Management better be more mature then the posters taking shots for no reason.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Silly nick names ruined whatever point you wanted to make here.

Reactions: Cams

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Kyle is actually really impressive what he says. He fully takes the blame which other GM's wouldn't. He holds himself accountable yet posters don't like that either.
He can't really win which says more about the unreasonable portion fans we have.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
I'm going to throw 2 dollars down on the fact that he reads this forum, has seen that everybody is upset and already assumes what he's going to say, and he will finally say something along the lines of

"the team needs to perform better, to their level and expectations"

Something like that instead of the normal we did a lot of things right, this is a journey, with a destination, we just need some patience and a few tweaks.

Reactions: Gabriel426

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Did you read the future? What makes you think they will say that? Even if they do, it won't mean anything. Ripping the team doesn't do anyone good.
They always are.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
really, calling out posters pissed that the team has failed yet again, and taking shots for no reason you cant be series, this team under Dubas has failed miserably, and we are supposed to be more mature?, thats a joke!, pretty sure most leaf fans actually want to advance and win not be stuck in mediocrity so maybe they are suggesting changes that they think will make the team better, and shots are deserved? I sure do, as we sit here again not playing after being eliminated

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
They always are.
I know they are. I think Kyle should get only one more year and deserves criticism for his moves this season, but whatever he says tomorrow won't mean anything.
People are reaching if they feel if he should be criticized for anything he says tomorrow.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I know they are. I think Kyle should get only one more year and deserves criticism for his moves this season, but whatever he says tomorrow won't mean anything.
People are reaching if they feel if he should be criticized for anything he says tomorrow.
Yes, he made moves that didn't work out and should be held accountable for them. People critize everything he has done and then suggest that people think that he can do no wrong. Of course, he has made mistakes- he has also made what should have been the correct choice, but had that blow up in his face. Spectacularly bad in the case I am thinking of which is Sparks. He has to own it and I believe he will.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Kyle is actually really impressive what he says. He fully takes the blame which other GM's wouldn't. He holds himself accountable yet posters don't like that either.
He can't really win which says more about the unreasonable portion fans we have.
He's a wonderful public speaker. If the GM thing doesn't work out I think he'll do great in politics. Unlike most GMs he realizes that taking the blame doesn't mean any sort of consequence so there's no harm in actually doing it. There's no issue for Dubas taking blame for things not working out. He doesn't have to change anything or worry about much since Shanahan has his back.

If taking blame meant actually changing anything that might be worth noting. But saying "my bad" doesn't matter since it doesn't impact the team on the ice at all. It's just PR.

Which is why I'm fine with skipping watching. We know what will be said. In reality there isn't a wide variety of things to say anyways. All the more so since I doubt he intends to change anything significant this offseason.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON

If you accept the blame then resign from your position. Analyze and admit to bad trades and bad decisions and to the fact that you are over your head in this job. Say that you received up and coming young team and your signings and trades took it way back and now we have no cap to add to that roster to build championship team. And there is no #1D and overall we have 3-4 D that are NHL caliber. No D dept, scoring dept, backup fiasco. Team was in free fall and on the way to miss playoffs mid season and at the end they did miss playoffs all together. Unacceptable. Saying that you accept responsibility without actually accepting consequences is just bla-bla-bla. No one should fall for it.

Last edited:

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
If you accept the blame then resign from your position. Analyze and admit to bad trades and bad decisions and to the fact that you are over your head in this job. Say that you received up and coming young team and your signings and trades took it way back and now we have no cap to add to that roster to build championship team. And there is no #1D and overall we have 3-4 D that are NHL caliber. No D dept, scoring dept, backup fiasco. Team was in free fall and on the way to miss playoffs mid season and at the end they did miss playoffs all together. Unacceptable. Saying that you accept responsibility without actually accepting consequences is just bla-bla-bla. No one should fall for it.
That would be an over reaction. He should admit to his mistakes but he shouldn't admit to things that are not real, and resign for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad