When is the season ender press conference?

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
There is no scenario where Ceci is brought back as an player, right?
Maybe a Marlies player coach or something, but not with the leafs.
Dubas:

upload_2020-8-12_18-46-19.jpeg

Reactions: Nineteen67

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Reactions: jackflash

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
Kyle Dubas on emotions losing to CBJ, the criticism of Mitch Marner and potential roster movement this offseason

Toronto Maple Leafs General Manager Kyle Dubas joined the OverDrive boys earlier today for his thoughts on the Maple Leafs loss to Columbus and where they go this offseason. Kyle also spoke on the criticism around Mitch Marner, the players' praise of Sheldon Keefe and Freddie Andersen's future in Toronto.

I would praise my boss too if I was making millions and he never got mad at me and told me what a great job I was doing even when I wasn't. I'd even let him pay when he begged me to be able to come out for drinks with me and my buddies.

Reactions: Faltorvo

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
There is no scenario where Ceci is brought back as an player, right?
Maybe a Marlies player coach or something, but not with the leafs.
Is fully expect him back. There’s a reason they traded for and retained him.

EGL22

Mar 20, 2018
Kyle Dubas on emotions losing to CBJ, the criticism of Mitch Marner and potential roster movement this offseason

Toronto Maple Leafs General Manager Kyle Dubas joined the OverDrive boys earlier today for his thoughts on the Maple Leafs loss to Columbus and where they go this offseason. Kyle also spoke on the criticism around Mitch Marner, the players' praise of Sheldon Keefe and Freddie Andersen's future in Toronto.

Wow,talk about jump,sidestep,duck and spin.

After listening to this yada,yada,yada stuff I think it would be a favour to him to be fired.

Young,good looks,impish grin,oozes charm,can sound impressive without really saying anything,can spin anything into a positive and the ability of a master con man makes him a sure thing Liberal candidate and future Prime Minister.

Keon1963

Sep 27, 2017
I believe Dubas said he will only have to sign RFAs to fill out his roster????

"We've got a little bit of space and we’ve got restricted free agents only to sign back." Dubas

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
still can't believe what Shanahan, Dubas, and a select few players said today. I'm hoping Larry, Bell, Rogers and the board are as trouble by what was said today as I am?

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
you just have to be patient.

social media is tough on these kids.

these expectations are unfounded.

people only look at their pay, not their human hearts.

we should be less mean to the players, then things will turn around.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Probably due for a raise. Apparently Dubas has super secret stats that show he’s way better then what the fans think. Once you see them you’ll probably be looking to pick up a Ceci jersey
Imagine if his agent uses those numbers and charts when talking a deal with Kyle. We both have him in the 5 mil range Kyle. Let's get it done.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Saying Ceci is good based on “internal metrics” and that Holl is a top four defenseman makes me worried with regards to player evaluation. Like I hope he’s bullshitting for the sake of protecting the players but even then, come on Kyle.

Also since he’s so adamant Mitch isn’t going anywhere, Willy, pack your shit. Nylander will have to be the sacrificial lamb to clear cap space and address the defence. Though that’s if Dubas recognizes that he has to take away from the offence to address the glaring holes on defence.

Reactions: ToneDog

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Probably due for a raise. Apparently Dubas has super secret stats that show he’s way better then what the fans think. Once you see them you’ll probably be looking to pick up a Ceci jersey
I’ll need new glasses first, if I have any money left over I may just do that.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
"Marner: "We want to be known as a team that plays every single night as hard as we can and makes it hard on other teams."

Leafs sure have talked a big game recently but it reminds me of this

bd1714c63fb6505d39bfbe30732cbfd0.jpg

Last edited:

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
These quotes all suggest that mgmt believes their own hype, we're screwed if that is the actual case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad