When is the season ender press conference?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Somebody ask dubas if all they taught at Brock was to make pointless false statements. This guy needs to shut up and just focus on correcting this team. 2020 was the biggest failure year for the leafs since I started watching the team(10 years not that long but still). We regressed horrendously from a defensive standpoint, had the David Ayres game, and got eliminated by a team we were favored over(and we should have been much more favored if the team didnt already have a history of not showing up come playoffs)

Justin Holl is a number 5 defender when hes on but over the course of a season is just an bottom pairing guy with no upside and a soft play style. He should be a trade target this year. Get rid of him and save 2 million. Either replace him with lethenon on bottom pairing if Dubas isnt willing to upgrade the Right side on all three pairs or do the correct thing and aquire 4-5 nhl defenders who can play ( 2 top 4) and 2-3 bottom pairing types who can play and rotate with our defense having great depth so no more garbage players like Holl/Ceci/Marincin/Barrie ver play a game for the leafs again

highlight for dubas for this season:

- Overpay Matthews and Marner
- Lose to a Zamboni driver
- Fire babock
- Hire Keefe
- Lose like a soft ass again and not even make the 1st round
- Start playing music at practice and video recording it
- Trade the 1st round draft pick and still not make the playoffs
- Trade a solid caphit in Kadri for basically kerfoot and "i dont know what defense is" barrie
- be so absolutely bad as a GM; that opposition coach (Torts) has to defend Keefe
- making smug comments in media thinking he has Einstein level genius
- does not own up to the failed season and mistakes
- talks about super secret analytics generated by inter-dimensional super computer (okay i paraphrased the 2nd part)

Can we now #FireDubas ?

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I hate this comment everytime if you go back 53 years how many members of the leafs brass were alive . Go back 16 years Dubas will be the GM in the OHL in 7 years, Shannahan is one year removed from winning a cup and Keefe is about to retire from the AHL. If you want them blamed for the last 2 seasons and plan on changing Management every two seasons it might be wise to have a backup team because it normally takes 2 years to replace the players who don't fit the new system and move forward.

This is an even worse comment than what I wrote. Do you think I don't know this? I was talking about the Leafs franchise in general. And Dubas is more than worthy of being fired already, 2 years or not. He came in with possibly the best hand a rookie GM could get and immediately f***ed it all up.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

- Fire babock
- Hire Keefe
- Trade a solid caphit in Kadri for basically kerfoot and "i dont know what defense is" barrie
- be so absolutely bad as a GM; that opposition coach (Torts) has to defend Keefe
- talks about super secret analytics generated by inter-dimensional super computer (okay i paraphrased the 2nd part)

Can we now #FireDubas ?
When you add up all da facts it really makes sense why we are no longer a playoff team ... we got a kid thinking he is much better than he really is ... fact is he got schooled this year on our dime

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Oh, yeah? Then why did we trade 13th overall to get rid of Marleau salary? We should have accepted some other teams dumps in return of their 1st round picks, bought them out and laughed all the way to the draft.

Granted he's talking about this year butI seriously wish a reporter would have just blurted that out. Where's that dirtbag Simmons when you need him.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
TBH I can't see any other team in NHL taking on freddy at $5M per ... way too much for a playoff backup contingency

Friedman said more than a few teams will be looking for starters next season.

If Dubas can target someone undervalued or if he believes in running a tandem, I could see it happening.

Reactions: Menzinger

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Pretty much what I would expect out of the presser .. And pretty much the reaction I assumed would come from the presser. Wouldn't have mattered what was said pitchforks and torches everywhere

Thing is we've seen Management say all the right things before. We've seen Management say dumb things before. So who really gives a shit about what another press conference says.

The proof is will be in the roster moves. Will Dubas be able to make the correct adjustments on the roster to get them to the next level. One thing he hasn't been afraid of it big moves - signing Tavares, trading for Muzzin, trading away Kadri. I can't imagine him not making a bit move this summer. We'll see if it's the right move.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

WILL SHANAHAN SHAKE UP LEAFS? Dubas and Keefe evaluated by Buds President

LMFAO AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Shanny thinks we are mad that we did not win the cup this year??:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::ha:

ummm,
how about you make the damn POs first

then IDK win a round

then lets see what the bloody fans are/if pssd about

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

- Fire babock
- Hire Keefe

Can we now #FireDubas ?
No, why would we fire Dubas just because you can mix fact and fiction? Anyone can do that.

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
we're not up against the cap?

Nope. Because of trades that were made and expiring contracts. We have room to sign guys to fill a roster. They may be really bad guys on minimum contracts, but the statement about the cap isn't wrong.

You're only against the cap if you're actually against the cap based on existing contracts or minimum contracts to fill open roles.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Nope. Because of trades that were made and expiring contracts. We have room to sign guys to fill a roster. They may be really bad guys on minimum contracts, but the statement about the cap isn't wrong.

You're only against the cap if you're actually against the cap based on existing contracts or minimum contracts to fill open roles.

Its a technical but misleading accurate statement

we need 3 guys inked to hit the minimum 20 guys

league min is 700k,,,so 2.1m cap hit

leaving a massive 2.5m cap slush fun

Reactions: Korg

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia

Yeah, if you can't afford to carry a 23-man roster, you're up against the cap, full stop.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar

They got to get rid of Dubas.

That guy is using standard political propaganda to solidify his position at the country club.

Being in the Leafs organization, is no longer about winning, but to preserve your position and perks.

At least Babcock wanted to win.

:baghead:

Reactions: PromisedLand

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad