When do you think Hall re-signs or goes UFA?

When do you think Hall re-signs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Boston is fading. Rask is 32, Bergeron, Krejci, and Marchand are all over 30, and while they have some good young players, none of them besides Pastrnak look like they will be stars. I recognize they went to the Cup Final this year. They can still win a Stanley Cup. But overall, the franchise is on the decline.

The one huge advantage they have is the great contracts those guys are all signed to. They will have room to add a star player at some point here. But it is in service of an aging core.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Boston is fading. Rask is 32, Bergeron, Krejci, and Marchand are all over 30, and while they have some good young players, none of them besides Pastrnak look like they will be stars. I recognize they went to the Cup Final this year. They can still win a Stanley Cup. But overall, the franchise is on the decline.

The one huge advantage they have is the great contracts those guys are all signed to. They will have room to add a star player at some point here. But it is in service of an aging core.
McAvoy could be a star and Rask could have 4-5 more years left in him. Bergeron and Krejci have at least 3 imo. And as much as we all loathe him the rat is a star and going nowhere. Most people thought their window closed years ago, yet here we are. Well managed franchises will do that.

Plus, if Hall leaves he'll have shown himself to be a merc. He'll have a NTC and therefore knows that if the franchise falls off a cliff he'll be traded to a contender regardless.

He said he wants to win a cup, not dynasty or bust.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
McAvoy could be a star and Rask could have 4-5 more years left in him. Bergeron and Krejci have at least 3 imo. And as much as we all loathe him the rat is a star and going nowhere. Most people thought their window closed years ago, yet here we are. Well managed franchises will do that.

These older players are all likely on the decline, even if they haven't showed signs of it yet. Pastrnak has likely helped Bergeron and Marchand's numbers stay where they are. Let's see what happens with these guys coming off a run to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Plus, if Hall leaves he'll have shown himself to be a merc. He'll have a NTC and therefore knows that if the franchise falls off a cliff he'll be traded to a contender regardless.

No one wants to sign a contract with the expectation of being traded and who says Hall will be able to be easily traded if things don't work out there? Also, this is still true if he signs with NJ.

He said he wants to win a cup, not dynasty or bust.

The point is that Boston's window is closing - it's not about dynasty or bust, it's about playing for a winning team, which Boston is not particularly likely to be in 5 years, Hall or no Hall.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
These older players are all likely on the decline, even if they haven't showed signs of it yet. Pastrnak has likely helped Bergeron and Marchand's numbers stay where they are. Let's see what happens with these guys coming off a run to the Stanley Cup Finals.

No one wants to sign a contract with the expectation of being traded and who says Hall will be able to be easily traded if things don't work out there? Also, this is still true if he signs with NJ.

The point is that Boston's window is closing - it's not about dynasty or bust, it's about playing for a winning team, which Boston is not particularly likely to be in 5 years, Hall or no Hall.
You very well may be correct about the window closing, it's the how long which is in dispute. I don't have an answer to that and am definitely giving them a best case scenario in these responses. But the whole point was a retort to someone stating that no contenders can afford him when that's simply not true, even if we write Boston off. Though i don't believe you can deny he'd probably extend their window.

Reactions: devilsblood

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
Hall's knee is in much much worse state than people realize or know.

If I'm Ray and ownership I would drag it out so we can get reassurance that the knee is fine before dishing out a huge contract.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
My guess if either around 20 games into the season he resigns or is traded at the deadline.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

If I'm Ray and ownership I would drag it out so we can get reassurance that the knee is fine before dishing out a huge contract.

You're usually pretty on the money with this kind of info. Do you have some inside info on this one?

Reactions: glenwo2

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
I would be curious to see the fan bases opinion if we are in a playoff spot at the deadline let’s say 10 points up on the final wild card spot do we keep an un-signed Hall or deal him.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Maybe Hall signs when Boqvist signs, or has that already happened? I feel like that was supposed to happen in May and when it didn't happen for a month or so I stopped following.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA

I agree. Hall is taking a bigger gamble than the Devils. He’s a bulldog on skates and longevity may not be on his side. In saying that I truly hope he signs with the Devils. If not I hope Shero can bring back a top six player. We don’t need draft picks.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
sorry what are you basing that on?

It's admittedly anecdotal, but DS posts seldom and when he does, we seem to hear about the same stuff shortly thereafter. I can't back that up with data or examples, though. I'm too lazy and care too little to go back on post histories.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I wouldn't doubt this for a second. Then again I felt the same way about Zach's injury.

You've had plenty of inside info before, any chance you know this to be fact?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I wouldn't doubt this for a second. Then again I felt the same way about Zach's injury.

You've had plenty of inside info before, any chance you know this to be fact?

ok i’ll ask you too, can you show your work on that? usually his ‘inside info’ is an article from a swedish publication that hasn’t been translated and run in north america yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad