When do you think Hall re-signs or goes UFA?

When do you think Hall re-signs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Why are we assuming we'd get our teeth caved in in the playoffs....? I bet you thought Columbus was gonna get their teeth caved in in round 1 too? How about St. Louis winning the Cup, I bet you saw that coming in January

get into the tournament and then you never know what can happen in a 7 game series

I dont see him getting traded at the deadline if we're in a safe playoff spot

Nobody saw Columbus coming, not even Columbus! As for the Blues, they had a very solid roster and a goaltender that played like a Vezina candidate for a little over half a season.

Exceptions can be made here and there but taking two teams that defied all odds isn’t a trend setter. It might happen, I won’t say otherwise but let’s just say that chances aren’t in our favour.

If we’re locked in come deadline, he isn’t going anywhere, that I can agree with.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
i’m saying the difference losing hall makes might be us losing in the first round rather than the second, or is losing in the second round rather than the third...at most. of course, if we are on a 120 point pace by the deadline, by all means keep him. but the likelihood of that is low, that’s what i meant by favorites. of course anything can happen, but the odds are we aren’t winning a cup this year (before anyone accuses me of being pessimistic: take it up with vegas) and letting hall walk for nothing would be piss poor asset management unless we get a cup out of it.

i already saw that movie, it was called ‘the fisting of the blue jackets’ and i want no part of it. granted, that was on a much bigger scale

loved that movie….cant wait for the sequel

Reactions: Bleedred

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
there is absolutely NO WAY that the devils trade hall if the team is in the middle of a playoff race or even in a playoff spot. i would bet anyone any amount of money they want that they don't ship him off. it would go against everything that they have done this summer to try and win NOW not necessarily a cup but at least some type of playoff success. what possible return would they even get for a hall rental? a meh first round pick and maybe a meh prospect? that is really worth it to the team morale? the fans? lol so much for building a "winning culture" i constantly hear from people in here you can't teach these kids to constantly lose (edmonton) it will take root or something like that. so yeah they will just up and ship off the mvp from a year ago if they are in a playoff spot? lol please tell me you will bet me on that
Shero is making good on his promise to make the team better all summer long. If Hall has to wait through the TDL to see that and the Devs look to be in the POs I will not be mad at Shero for moving him.
You said it yourself, show the winning culture. It doesn't get any better than seeing the moves Ray continues to make.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Shero is making good on his promise to make the team better all summer long. If Hall has to wait through the TDL to see that and the Devs look to be in the POs I will not be mad at Shero for moving him.
You said it yourself, show the winning culture. It doesn't get any better than seeing the moves Ray continues to make.
Making moves and winning games are two different things. Sure the moves look good on paper let’s see if they win games now. Before committing long term on his last big major huge big contract I know I would wait.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Making moves and winning games are two different things. Sure the moves look good on paper let’s see if they win games now. Before committing long term on his last big major huge big contract I know I would wait.
Don't wait too long, youll miss your chsnce and end up somewhere yiu don't want to be. Then you'll have wasted time and a chance to be on an up and coming team.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We don’t really need two threads on this at once plus the team thread. Might as well lock it at least till we see who was right in the pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad