When do you think Hall re-signs or goes UFA?

When do you think Hall re-signs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
As of right now im thinking it gets done between the start of camp and the first game, but I would not be surprised if it goes on longer than that. I feel like the Hall contract situation is a complete wild card but thats just my gut feeling.

Reactions: Devils731

Quest for Stanley

Dec 12, 2017
If the Devils offer $10,000,000 plus and Hall turns it down, they should deal him. Hall for Marner? Marner will take the $10,000,000. If Hall turns it down he’s going UFA

Reactions: DEVILS130

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
It's either during the season if things are going really well or he at least talks to other teams. I can't see him signing before seeing how the team performs on the ice. He wants to win and while it looks like we improved a lot you never know until you hit the ice

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
If the Devils offer $10,000,000 plus and Hall turns it down, they should deal him. Hall for Marner? Marner will take the $10,000,000. If Hall turns it down he’s going UFA
Going to have to add Mcleod at a min to that, probably more.
I love Hall and want him here, but each player going to the other team fits timeline to compete better

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
you could make the argument that, given our current organizational needs, $11 million a year could be much better spent elsewhere, even without factoring in the nice return we’d get in a trade. personally, i’m on the fence. the only unacceptable outcome is to lose him for nothing

Reactions: ThePrideofStockholm

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
you could make the argument that, given our current organizational needs, $11 million a year could be much better spent elsewhere, even without factoring in the nice return we’d get in a trade. personally, i’m on the fence. the only unacceptable outcome is to lose him for nothing

I'd have no issue with giving most players his caliber 11 million. He's worth it. The issue with Hall in particular is his injury history. Then the bigger issue is he'll be 29 when the deal starts and it'll be for 8 years. It's a tricky decision

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I'd have no issue with giving most players his caliber 11 million. He's worth it. The issue with Hall in particular is his injury history. Then the bigger issue is he'll be 29 when the deal starts and it'll be for 8 years. It's a tricky decision
Acquiring someone of his skill level via free agency is hard to do and will cost a lot. Via trade ? Will cost a ton . Via the draft ? We would have to endure another shitty season. Were best off trying to sign him even if it costs a bit over 10 million a year. At the same time I would be open to trading him for tbe right piece(s). Its probably Shero's hardest decision since he joined us and he seems to be pretty adamant on trying to keep Hall around. We know Hall wants to win so I doubt he signs before the season starts , that might weaken his trade value which kinda sucks.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Don't care should be an option. Just saying.

I went through the Zach thing and have no desire to again.

If we're top 3 in the conference in Jan, he has had another great season and has yet to have been signed? I'd trade the dude for a top 2 LD and a pick if he's still playing hardball by then. I'd do it right now frankly.

Because if we're playing that well half way through the season then at least 2 of 3 of Zacha/Gusev/Boqvist are killing it as well as both of our young C's.

All of these 'look! We brought him to a playoff game in Toronto! And 'I called the guy to ok the PK trade' stuff is Busch league isht if he's not signed to a decent contract by at least midseason and will be the biggest stain on Ray's tenure to date imo.

Hopefully I'm being reactionary, the wheels are actually in motion, and they're pretty much all the way there.

Last edited:

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn

We'd have to send a pick back for Mitch. And I'd do it. And it's not happening. Toronto would have to have Chiarelli or Milbury at the helm to make such a deal.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
I dont want to build this team around Hall. He is a great scoring winger to have, but we have Jack, Nico and Ty who will carry this team to cups if anyone, not Hall. Pay what he deserves, 11-12m. If he doesnt sign, goodbye. Expecting him to be turned into something at the deadline at least. Hall lost a lot of bargaining power when we landed #1 pick and knew we were getting the messiah.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I know I dont frequent this board as much lately, but its funny that the free agency option has alot of usernames I dont recognize from this board

The vast majority are semi frequent Devils board posters. There are only a few names I don’t recognize as normals here.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
What I think: Impossible to really gauge right now with the complete radio silence. I had hopes it would get done this summer, but I'm starting to think it's going to come down to the trade deadline.

What I want: If he's not signed by the end of camp, trade him retaining 50% to a contender. He's going to inevitably get hurt this season, and if we get f***ed and lose the ability to trade him for assets it'd be a huge, huge mistake that could really set this rebuild back.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I think it's either option 3 or 4, with option 4 also including a trade at the deadline.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
What I think: Impossible to really gauge right now with the complete radio silence. I had hopes it would get done this summer, but I'm starting to think it's going to come down to the trade deadline.

What I want: If he's not signed by the end of camp, trade him retaining 50% to a contender. He's going to inevitably get hurt this season, and if we get ****ed and lose the ability to trade him for assets it'd be a huge, huge mistake that could really set this rebuild back.

i don’t think there has been complete radio silence, i’m pretty sure shero and hynes (and harris, if i remember correctly) have separately met/communicated with hall over the course of the summer.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
If he doesn't sign with us then he'll be traded. He won't play string us along all season and leave us Tavares-style.

Hall has tipped his hand in previous interviews on the matter: he isn't looking for big money as much as he wants a chance to win it all. So he's probably going to want a long-term deal but not necessarily an eight-digit AAV.

Reactions: Bet the Over
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad