When do you think Hall re-signs or goes UFA?

When do you think Hall re-signs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I am intrigued by the Laine situation. I wonder if Hall would prefer to be in a Canadien market, and if so is this a realistic/potential trade route?

Sign and trade both ways maybe?

of course i’d be good with that...but if they’re hesitant to pay laine 7M, i doubt they're in a position to pay hall 11M

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
There's still a couple of days left but I'm not a fan of having our best player not resign before the start of training camp when Ray went out of his way to have the best offseason out of all 31 teams.

I don't see why Ray would wait for meaningless preseason games to make up his mind. He has a full medical staff at his disposal and their opinions should be more then enough for him to go ahead and throw offers Hall's way.

I'm of the opinion that Hall will want to test the market and handpick the destination he wants. Before everyone starts to say that there's a select few contending teams that can sign him, look no further then Nashville and how they managed to dump PK Subban because they wanted to sign Matt Duchene.

crashline

What smells like, brother?
Feb 10, 2018
Hall's hardly going to ink what might be the most lucrative contract of his career while his bargaining power is diminished due to extended layoff.

And Ray's hardly going to ink him to said deal until he's handed proof Hall can resume being the player he was pre-knee.

That's the delay in a nutshell. Patience grasshoppers.

Figgie

Apr 24, 2018
Finland
I don't see why Ray would wait for meaningless preseason games to make up his mind. He has a full medical staff at his disposal and their opinions should be more then enough for him to go ahead and throw offers Hall's way.

Maybe Ray is not waiting. Maybe Hall don't just want sign with us. We can't be sure what is really going there.

Reactions: Billdo

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I can see why both parties are being cautious in this matter.

Hall has had 2 surgeries on his left knee over a span of 3 years and it’s probably why Shero is still asking himself "will TH live up to his contract in 3, 4, 5 or 8 years from now?"

On the other hand, our star player has the luxury of handpicking his preferred destination, which seems like a real plus when you’ve been apart of two teams who’ve competed for lottery balls more so then playoffs appearances over his entire career.

It’s a double edge sword. If we wait and he gets re-injured, we’ll lose him for free because I don’t see why Shero would resign him next summer after another injury if he didn’t this summer after his current injury.

If we do wait and he’s back to form, the demand will be high and he’ll have a boatload of offers thrown his way and NJ most probably won’t be at the top of his list, knowing legit contenders are knocking at his door.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Again, we still have no idea if Hall "wants to be here". Not sure why we're jumping to conclusions when Shero himself said they haven't even talked to him about the contract yet.

Reactions: glenwo2

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Again, we still have no idea if Hall "wants to be here". Not sure why we're jumping to conclusions when Shero himself said they haven't even talked to him about the contract yet.

This is what people are prone to do. There's literally nothing going on and our "superstar" is heading down a path we've been burned on before. It is what it is, I don't think there's anything wrong with jumping to these conclusions until it's basically out there one way or the other.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Starting to like my pick of he tests free agency. Still thinks his gf is the ultimate decider.... if she doesnt like Jersey and prefers Canada (or wherever shes from), he will leave.

Just hope a pic doesnt surface of him wearing another teams pajamas as a kid

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This is what people are prone to do. There's literally nothing going on and our "superstar" is heading down a path we've been burned on before. It is what it is, I don't think there's anything wrong with jumping to these conclusions until it's basically out there one way or the other.

We've been burned on before, with another GM. We literally have no idea how different this will be handled. They still have months to sort this out, which will drive us all crazy but they still have months, they're not going to get an appreciably different package waiting to trade him. Of course the natural response to that is 'he could get hurt!'...well **** happens, you can't plan everything based on some injury that may or may not happen by February. Plenty of pending UFA's have been traded at the deadline before.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
We've been burned on before, with another GM. We literally have no idea how different this will be handled. They still have months to sort this out, which will drive us all crazy but they still have months, they're not going to get an appreciably different package waiting to trade him. Of course the natural response to that is 'he could get hurt!'...well **** happens, you can't plan everything based on some injury that may or may not happen by February. Plenty of pending UFA's have been traded at the deadline before.

I get all that...

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016

We’ll never have an idea unless he publicly states that he wants out, which won’t happen.

For someone who’s has 2 knee injuries in the past 3 years, I’d try and get my cash now instead of playing on a one year deal and possibly going 3 for 4, minimizing my chances to get paid for the next 8 years. If he’s willing to take that risk, it kind of shows that he’s willing to test the market.

I might be way off with my theory but that’s how I see it for now.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I would do that if we know that Hall is not signing with us.

Hall willingly going to winnipeg? Might be one of the first times ever someone willingly went there. Gotta figure Winnipeg is below jersey in desired market no?

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Hall isn’t signing until the season is over.

It’s real simple. If this team makes the playoffs he will resign. If this team craps out and misses? He will walk.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Hall isn’t signing until the season is over.

It’s real simple. If this team makes the playoffs he will resign. If this team craps out and misses? He will walk.

i don’t think it’s that simple. and if he isn’t signed by the trade deadline he should be moved

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Hall is in a good situation with us. We have two elite young centres down the middle in Hughes and Hischier. We have good wingers in Gusev, Palmieri and Simmonds. We have a Norris-calibre defensemen in Subban in addition to guys like Butcher and Severson. Once our younger players like Blackwood, Smith, Bratt, Boqvist and Zacha start to mature, we are going to be a legitimate threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad