WhatWouldJarmoDo: The Columbus-themed Mock Draft

grindline

Mar 29, 2013
England
I think we should put a hold on the draft before the 17th pick until the Wings,Sens & Rangers are done. Of course at the pace Buffalo is picking, it may not be necessary.:laugh:

So if Detroit beats Chicago we move up a place to 18 and Chicago drops to 26? We can wait a little for that.

grindline

Mar 29, 2013
England
Sorry, only just caught up with the result from last night. If anybody can post the new draft order I will edit the opening post and we can get picking.

CBJFitzy

Aug 2, 2005
Columbus, OH
Thanks to some outstanding work on the Calgary Flames board:

1. Colorado Avalanche
2. Florida Panthers
3. Tampa Bay Lightning
4. Nashville Predators
5. Carolina Hurricanes
6. Calgary Flames
7. Edmonton Oilers
8. Buffalo Sabres
9. New Jersey Devils
10. Dallas Stars
11. Philadelphia Flyers
12. Phoenix Coyotes
13. Winnipeg Jets
14. Columbus Blue Jackets
15. New York Islanders
16. Buffalo Sabres (Traded from Minnesota Wild)
17. Ottawa Senators
18. Detroit Red Wings
19. Columbus Blue Jackets (Traded from NY Rangers )
20. San Jose Sharks
21. Toronto Maple Leafs
22. Calgary Flames (Traded from St. Louis Blues)
23. Washington Capitals
24. Vancouver Canucks
25. Montreal Canadiens
26. Anaheim Ducks

In the works.
Columbus Blue Jackets (Traded from LA Kings)
Highest - 27
Lowest - 30

Dallas Stars (Traded from Boston Bruins)
Highest - 27
Lowest - 30

Calgary Flames (Traded from Pittsburgh Penguins)
Highest - 27
Lowest - 30

Chicago Blackhawks
Highest - 28
Lowest - 30

Last edited:

CBJFitzy

Aug 2, 2005
Columbus, OH
With the 18th pick in the draft the Detroit Red Wings are pleased to select Andre Burakowsky, LW, Malmo, SWE.

The Columbus Blue Jackets are on the clock.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I agree those 3 plus maybe Erne & Lazar should be considered for the poll. My thought is I want the guy with the most offense upside and I think that is Rychel.

In real life I think Zadarov is gone at this point leaving us with another forward to consider.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I agree those 3 plus maybe Erne & Lazar should be considered for the poll. My thought is I want the guy with the most offense upside and I think that is Rychel.

In real life I think Zadarov is gone at this point leaving us with another forward to consider.

Zadorov is probably the most all-over-the-board pick. He could go top-10 but I wouldn't be surprised if he's available with our second pick.

Rychel is a really intriguing pick. At their respective upsides, Rychel will give us more of what we lack (scoring), while Hartman will be a Dubi kind of player. But does Rychel really have character issues? I've seen posts where people talk about him not being a team-guy, but how solid is that info?

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Zadorov is probably the most all-over-the-board pick. He could go top-10 but I wouldn't be surprised if he's available with our second pick.

A lot of guys are all over. Hopefully we get a faller that is high on our board. Unless Jarmo doesn't listen to all the no trade posters and packages a bundle for MacKinnon. :sarcasm:

What about Mu...nevermind. :laugh:

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Seeing as I voted for Zadorov for our 14th pick, I better be consistent and stick with it.

I think he's the BPA right now. I will be very surprised if he is available at 19 in the real draft.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Seeing as I voted for Zadorov for our 14th pick, I better be consistent and stick with it.

I think he's the BPA right now. I will be very surprised if he is available at 19 in the real draft.

...seconded. This is actually quite interesting, Zadorov at 19 would be a fine pick.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
Zadorov for me as well. None of the available forwards have the ceiling that Zadorov has. Erne and Lazar both project as great two way second liners at the top end, but if developed properly Zadorov has top pairing tools.

grindline

Mar 29, 2013
England
I'm reluctant to say Zadorov because I am suspicious of hulking great defense men who turn slower than an oil tanker. I honestly have never watched him play so I don't know how mobile or how high a hockey iq he has. I have read all about his potentially high upside but I just want to ask if it is justified or are people blinded by his physical tools?

If he really is that strong then he is definitely the BPA. The offensive guys I am high on have either gone or are a huge reach at 19 and will still be around later.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I'm in the offense,offense,offense mode if this is real life. Z is not imo a clear cut BPA so why not take a shot at a guy who could be a top 6 forward. We are comparatively very strong on D compared to forwards. I vote Rychel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad