WhatWouldJarmoDo: The Columbus-themed Mock Draft

grindline

Mar 29, 2013
England
I realize the Kings are currently up 2-1 on the Sharks but technically the Kings would have the 22nd pick without passing through to the next round. Had the Sharks not blown game two they would be up so I"m not ready to give the Kings the series yet.

Point is, if we're going by normal draft order the order needs adjusted in post #1. It's not accurate.... (as of this moment)

Isn't worst case scenario the default setting for Jackets fans.

grindline

Mar 29, 2013
England
I just realised that Boston doesn't have a pick so that leaves just Anaheim and Vancouver unclaimed if I have the Leafs.

Miggus

Feb 8, 2011
Boston still has that pick. It was a conditional pick, a 2nd rounder which would become a 1st rounder if Boston reaches EC finals like we all hope they do.

I could take the Canucks.

grindline

Mar 29, 2013
England
Jeez, mock drafts are more complicated than they look. I will keep it as a Dallas pick because I don't see the Rangers turning round a two game deficit. Plus it is one less GM to find.

As only Anaheim are left unclaimed we can get started soon. If nobody wants them I can pick for them.

This will only work well if people try and pick in a vaguely realistic way and remember to PM whoever is up next.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
After spending my full 15 mins and thanking the peeps in Newark for hosting the draft the Colorado Avalanche select Seth Jones.

CBJFitzy

Aug 2, 2005
Columbus, OH
And the Panthers are on the clock - which Moosehead do they want? Drouin or MacKinnon - that would be a nice problem to have.....

Moch Daear

Jan 9, 2011
Since this is all in fun...

A drunken member of the FLA Panthers staff stumbles to the podium.

"Well this year sucked. What a let down. You know it's a bad year when the Oilers don't win the top pick overall. With all that said, the Panthers are proud to ruin Nathan MacKinnon of the Halifax Mooseheads."

Next GM has been PMd!

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
With Tampa Bay's need for defense and physicality on the back end, the temptation is great to take Darnell Nurse. But...

With the 3rd selection in the 2013 NHL Draft, the Tampa Bay Lightning (and our dumbass GM who's a lot smarter since he left Detroit) select Jonathan Drouin, LW from Halifax.

OldGoaltender and the Nashville Predators are on the clock.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
With Tampa Bay's need for defense and physicality on the back end, the temptation is great to take Darnell Nurse. But...

With the 3rd selection in the 2013 NHL Draft, the Tampa Bay Lightning (and our dumbass GM who's a lot smarter since he left Detroit) select Jonathan Drouin, LW from Halifax.

OldGoaltender and the Nashville Predators are on the clock.

You would have made the Predators extremely happy, and probably been dome checked with a glass of beer.

I have to work first thing in the morning, so I probably won't be on with the 7th pick until later tomorrow afternoon ... just a heads up :)

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
Sorry guys fell asleep. The Preds select Darnell Nurse.

Just read wher Lee was thinking about Nurse, glad he passed. The Preds went from having one of the top blue lines to average, Nurse will fill a void left by Suter.

Last edited:

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
The Calgary Flames are extremely excited to see Mike Milbury drafting for the Hurricanes and the Predators and proudly select Alexander (Sasha) Barkov with the 6th pick in the 2013 NHL draft.

PM to next GM

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Well...

The Edmonton Oilers would like to congratulate the Pittsburgh Penguins on their Cup win... :D

In spite of the fact that our biggest need is on defense, the Oilers take center Elias Lindholm.

Messaging next team...

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
After giving into a full rebuild by trading Pominville late on the season, the Buffalo Sabres are proud to select with the 8th overall pick, from the Ottawa 67's Center Sean Monahan.

Messaging next opponent.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Well...

The Edmonton Oilers would like to congratulate the Pittsburgh Penguins on their Cup win... :D

In spite of the fact that our biggest need is on defense, the Oilers take center Elias Lindholm.

Messaging next team...

Well of course they can't pick for defence, that would mess up the Reinhart-McDavid plan.;)

In all seriousness, Lindholm might be too good to pass up at 7. Perhaps the Oilers will drop back 2 or 3 spots and take Ristolainen, or if they are just as high on Pulock or Zadorov, they might trust that they could get one as far back as our pick. Risto makes the most sense though, they've already got some "project" d-prospects and they don't really need great defence to be a great team, just good all-around d-men. That's Risto.

Last edited:

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Doing my best Lou...

The New Jersey Devils are proud to announce that they are passing on their draft in lieu of having perfected cloning and have a 25 yr old Martin Brodeur II now to be the back-up goalie....

But will still gladly select 5'11" 174# Hunter Shinkaruk with the 9th overall pick.

Now I can be stoned for not taking the risk and picking Domi at this spot. (I feel so vanilla)

Dallas is on the clock

Last edited:

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
With the 11th pick the flyers surprise everyone by not selecting a center, instead they choose from Ryan Pulock defenseman for thethe brandon wheat kings.

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
:coyotes

With The 11th Pick In The 2013 NHL Entry Draft, The Phoenix Coyotes are Proud to Select of the London Knights Max Domi

max-domi-201213.jpg

max-domi-though-the-legs-pass-595x317.jpg

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Seeing as the Jets have the pick right before the Jackets, I am going to have to resist the urge to go completely off the board to leave better picks standing...

Tough choice, but 6'5" centers don't grow on trees. With the 13th pick in the draft, the Winnipeg Jets are pleased to draft Frederik Gauthier from the Rimouski Oceanic.

I can't PM the next GM, as it will be a vote among us. Looks like we'll have a parallel vote with the global HFBoards mock draft poll thread.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Seeing as the Jets have the pick right before the Jackets, I am going to have to resist the urge to go completely off the board to leave better picks standing...

Tough choice, but 6'5" centers don't grow on trees. With the 13th pick in the draft, the Winnipeg Jets are pleased to draft Frederik Gauthier from the Rimouski Oceanic.

I can't PM the next GM, as it will be a vote among us. Looks like we'll have a parallel vote with the global HFBoards mock draft poll thread.

And that parallel vote is almost the same choice we face here. The only difference on this thread is that Pulock is off the board, and Wennberg is still available.

Does that change anyone's choice in the #14 Mock?

Wennberg doesn't change my vote. I went Mantha, but Horvat looks to be pulling away in the poll.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
I went Horvat in the poll, but with Wennberg available I vote for the swede. I think he has the best combination of offensive ability, size, and work ethic out of the forward pool available @ 14.

Mantha has all word tools but apparently compete issues, which can be a recipe for disaster. Therefore,I give the edge to Wennberg because 1. No commitment/work ethic problems 2. Their games fit the team vision 3. His offensive ceiling (which he is more likely to reach) isn't much lower than Mantha's 4. Mantha could likely be there to take with the NYR pick while Wennberg/Horvat almost certainly won't be.

I do acknowledge though much of this decision however hinges upon your view of the difference between Wennberg/Horvat/Lazar because its likely that at least one of those players will be available (in this instance at least) to take with the NYR pick. Therefore if you view those players as being relatively interchangeable than the smart move is to go with Mantha and pick the one that remains out of that trio.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad