Whats your Opinion of Kesler?

Wizeman*

He's been terrible, but what the hell is the coaching staff thinking throwing a guy who's been injured for the last year right into a role where he's expected to play 20 hard minutes a night against the other teams' best players? He should've been getting 3rd line minutes with some PP time for the first 10 or so games whether he likes it or not.

I know. I suggested he go on the 4th line and keep his minutes down for the first 10 games. The guy has been out with multiple major surgeries for 9 months. You dont just walk back into 40 goal scoring Selke form.

AV has chucked him right back into that role and hes flailing around.

Its too late now. Might as well just right it out until he gets his game going.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Extremely well. I can't believe you would actually question his production in the LA series. That's extremely laughable. Henrik put up the second most points against the Kings in 5 games out of every player that played against them.

WOW. 2 more points then an injured kesler :handclap:

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Better than Kesler. :laugh: Sedins have been better playoff performers, even including Kesler's one good playoff series against Nashville and his shutting down of Toews.

Not really he had 2 more points vs kesler who was injuerd. And know they arent

Wizeman*

Kesler got three 2nd assists on the PP. He might've as well not contributed offensively at all.

I think he has been fine. A step or 2 behind the play. But comparing 1 Kesler to 2 Sedins is a little unfair. Neither Sedin has been out for 9 months with multiple injuries.

I think you are being too hard on the guy. Lets give him some time to get back into game shape

Lundface*

Kesler is always injured so that makes no difference. He was invisible this past post season and it can only be argued that he outperformed the Sedins in 2 playoff series ever.

arsmaster*

What's the last time Perry and Getzlaf were split up? Kopitar and Brown? Krejci and Lucic? They don't have to play together but they still do. Sedins don't have to play together either, they're just more effective that way. Last two times Henrik played without Daniel he was still a PPG player.

Those guys are split up way more than the Twins, everyone knows it.

Kopitar and Brown aren't tied together like Hank and Danny either.

Usually you can move your top 2 forwards around to spread offense, we can't.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Kesler is always injured so that makes no difference. He was invisible this past post season and it can only be argued that he outperformed the Sedins in 2 playoff series ever.

IN 2011 he played better then the Sedins vs the hawks, preds and bruins thats already 3

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Ok. So tell us how you really feel about Ryan Kesler.

I like him. I think he needs to be a winger going forward. And I think AV is completely misusing him right now by giving him these tough minutes. (And I honestly don't care that much about his antics, it's probably the last thing on my list.)

Despite all that, there's little doubt that Henrik is the better and more important Canuck.

There's a difference between "can't" and "won't". We won't split them up but we certainly can. Henrik has shown before that he can play almost as well with other 2 wingers as he does with Daniel. AV just doesn't have the balls to try it more regularly.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008

:laugh: Your argument that Henrik can't produce without Danny get's refuted quickly and you deflect.

Kesler is more often than not injured. Kesler had 3 Powerplay Assist, and anyone who watched that series can tell you that Henrik ran the offence while Kesler was anemic.

Lundface*

Again, you can. They aren't conjoined twins and Henrik has proven he can put up points with 3/4th liners on his wings. I just don't think it will provide more offence splitting them up... unless you think Daniel can tee up Kesler at will.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
They can be seperated, as Henrik has proven when Daniel gets hurt. The coach can choose to seperate them if he pleases, and to be honest I would at times to throw off the other team.

Would be an effective way to completely shut down Daniel though if that is the intention. How about this

Higgins Sedin Kesler
Sedin Schroeder Burrows
Raymond Lapierre Hansen

:sarcasm:

Booth - Sedin - Burrows
Sedin - Kesler - Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Higgins - Lapierre - Weise
Volpatti

This is what I'd try before converting Kesler to wing. With the wingers Kesler has on that second line, I think he'd pass the puck more often than not.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
I think he has been fine. A step or 2 behind the play. But comparing 1 Kesler to 2 Sedins is a little unfair. Neither Sedin has been out for 9 months with multiple injuries.

I think you are being too hard on the guy. Lets give him some time to get back into game shape

You can't discount injuries. It's a part of the game, and it's a part of each respective players playstyle. It's not Henrik's fault that Kesler can't stay healthy, and therefore in the line-up to help his teammate.

Again, there is plenty of evidence that Henrik can produce without Daniel. In addition, this isn't because of recent play, but rather a recent trend.

IN 2011 he played better then the Sedins vs the hawks, preds and bruins thats already 3

The Hawks series and Bruin series is easily debatable. The only one where it is clear cut that Kesler player better than the Sedins is the Nashville series.

arsmaster*

I'll get back to this being about Kesler.

Clearly doesn't have his legs yet (Hank and Dan didn't either after 5 games).

after it went 6-3 tonight I stopped watching, so I can't speak for anything beyond that, but I thought he looked better. Unlucky not to have a had few scoring chances (bouncing puck, intercepted passes).

I'm not really prepared to make any claims about him until he has more games under his belt, but I think he's getting better.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
He had a monstrous first game but has since become a liability outside the powerplay. We have to accept giving him the benefit of the doubt for a while after two significant surgeries but that does not excuse some downright careless plays and his disgusting GA. Frankly, I fault AV to a certain extent. Kesler is being relied upon a little too much because our offense is practically nonexistent compared to years ago.

I do feel at the end of the day, Kesler is a stable to the identity of this franchise. And honestly, I could care less about his diving. The refs are idiots anyway, we might as well try and goat some powerplays out of them. When the refs call a good game, I'll call out Kes and Burrows for diving.

Lundface*

Booth - Sedin - Burrows
Sedin - Kesler - Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Higgins - Lapierre - Weise
Volpatti

This is what I'd try before converting Kesler to wing. With the wingers Kesler has on that second line, I think he'd pass the puck more often than not.

I have more faith in Henrik meshing with Kesler (he has shown he can play with anyone) than I do with Daniel trying to accommodate Kesler.

arsmaster*

Again, you can. They aren't conjoined twins and Henrik has proven he can put up points with 3/4th liners on his wings. I just don't think it will provide more offence splitting them up... unless you think Daniel can tee up Kesler at will.

It's been my opinion for quite some time that I would like to see Daniel on Kesler's wing from time to time.

It just won't happen, and when the revolving door on Kesler's wing are a bunch of really nice players, but ones most would call tweeners, it's no wonder he's not passing.

Kesler passes on the PP, why wouldn't he with Daniel.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008

This is my concern, and is definitely not a concrete statement. Kesler, coming off his injury this season, proceeded to show that he was more intent on shooting. He has been given plenty of ice time with players who have 1) played the entire season, and in game shape, and 2) have played extremely well this season (Raymond, Kassian).

Kesler is being paid 5 million$ to anchor the second line. He should be helping facilitate offense throughout his line, rather than us needing to search for a perfect winger for him.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006

Hardly. Last year Getzlaf played 91.8% of his ES TOI with Perry which is more than the 89.7% Daniel played with Henrik.

And so far this year the Lucic has spent 92.6% of his time with Krecji and Brown/Kopitar are at about 85%. Basically none of those pairs play apart for any length of time.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
The Hawks series and Bruin series is easily debatable. The only one where it is clear cut that Kesler player better than the Sedins is the Nashville series.

The Sedins were **** in the bruins series thats not even debatable. Funny how Kesler by himself was better then 2 players every series except vs the sharks

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
:laugh: Your argument that Henrik can't produce without Danny get's refuted quickly and you deflect.

Kesler is more often than not injured. Kesler had 3 Powerplay Assist, and anyone who watched that series can tell you that Henrik ran the offence while Kesler was anemic.

I dont even hate Henrik, i just find it hilarious how you only **** on Kesler :laugh: Its Pathetic

Hank had 2 assist in two losses thats good enough from an nhl art ross winner? Nope

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
1) The year we went to the finals KESLER did everything for us. Kill penalites, shutdown players, Make HUGE plays. How is he not the heart of the team? This team wouldnt even be considered contenders without him

The issue I have is what the term Heat of a team even means? Like how is it quantified? Is there only ever one heart of a team? Is someone more heart heart of the team then someone else?

I'm not beating up on the guy, but if you take out Kesler you have to assume that someone was in his place, and they could have done what he did.

Lundface*

It's been my opinion for quite some time that I would like to see Daniel on Kesler's wing from time to time.

It just won't happen, and when the revolving door on Kesler's wing are a bunch of really nice players, but ones most would call tweeners, it's no wonder he's not passing.

Kesler passes on the PP, why wouldn't he with Daniel.

I would have no problem splitting them up in game, I actually feel it would be somewhat beneficial. I wonder how teams would react ( especially in the playoffs) where teams send out 5 man units for the Sedins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad