Whats your Opinion of Kesler?

Wizeman*

He played well tonight. I noticed him trying more things. Great pass to Garrison. He now has 5 points in 7 games.

Our goaltending S.......U......C............K............S..........

hockeywoot

Oct 29, 2010
China
Except for the diving, I think he's a great player.
(Seriously though...could he make it any more obvious? lmao)

But I think people need to temper expectations a bit.
He's an excellent 2-way centreman.

His strengths are based on physicality, speed, tenacity, rather
than a cerebral game. We rely on him heavily for secondary scoring, when we really shouldn't.

We shouldn't expect him to score 40 again, unless we have a 10/11 Manny-calibre centre doing the heavy lifting defensively.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Except for the diving, I think he's a great player.
(Seriously though...could he make it any more obvious? lmao)

That diving call on Daniel was sooooo because of Kesler's reputation (and therefore the Canucks' reputation). You don't see that called as diving against any other team.

Crows*

He played well tonight. I noticed him trying more things. Great pass to Garrison. He now has 5 points in 7 games.

Our goaltending S.......U......C............K............S..........

Disagree. He was pretty invisible. He was running on adrenaline the first few games. Now he's coming back to earth.

Outside99*

I think he's a great player when he's at his best. He's played poorly these first few games esp. Defensively which seems by choice...but once he's in game shape, he'll be fine. When he's on his game, the difference at center defensively between him and Schroeder or lapierre is startling.

Offensively at ES he's been in a prolonged slump partially because he doesn't have the linemates, but mostly because he tries to do everything himself and makes his linemates worse in the process (except for Higgins). If GMMG trades for a talented forward, that might do the trick otherwise he's slowly but surely becoming an elite 3rd line center (that's if he reverts to playing defence first).

Very important part on this team and when he's not on his game, it shows in the team's results.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
I think he's a great player when he's at his best. He's played poorly these first few games esp. Defensively which seems by choice...but once he's in game shape, he'll be fine. When he's on his game, the difference at center defensively between him and Schroeder or lapierre is startling.

Offensively at ES he's been in a prolonged slump partially because he doesn't have the linemates, but mostly because he tries to do everything himself and makes his linemates worse in the process (except for Higgins). If GMMG trades for a talented forward, that might do the trick otherwise he's slowly but surely becoming an elite 3rd line center (that's if he reverts to playing defence first).

Very important part on this team and when he's not on his game, it shows in the team's results.

and we are waiting, and waiting......

instead of getting that forward,

we have have booth making 4 mil + on the 3rd line.
a 3rd pairing of garrison-ballard making 8 mil +
and goaltending over 9 mil.

Outside99*

and we are waiting, and waiting......

instead of getting that forward,

we have have booth making 4 mil + on the 3rd line.
a 3rd pairing of garrison-ballard making 8 mil +
and goaltending over 9 mil.

Yup - GMMG did great the first year with Sundin and Demitra but got criticized for it for different reasons and I think it made him more cautious. Whoever recommended Booth was off his rocker.

HAMMY5

Jan 22, 2013
Abbotsford BC
My Opinion.

1241962351706252590algp66_Fragile_Sign.svg.hi.png

SnapIt

Feb 19, 2013
I like the fire he brings. Who else is a spark like that in the Canucks dressing room?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
too bad his trade value right now is probably at its lowest in 3+ years

Which is a reason why trading him is on my back burner. Teams would still give a bit to get him IMO. Wrong time to move him though. I hate to say it, but he's useless if he can't stay healthy. We can't always have players filing in at such an important position if we expect to win a Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad