Whats your Opinion of Kesler?

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I think that Burrows is the Heart, Kesler is the engine, and Sedins are the magic.

.... I realize that no organism/machine is actually made of those things.

Lundface*

1) He is the heart of the team. In the playoffs who drives the play on our team? Its Kes. Who actually shows heart and gives it all? Kesler does. Disagree Kesler means more to this team thing in a single Sedin.

I love Burrows but really? You think what Kes does is embarrassing but you think biting and pulling someones hair isnt?

The year we went to the finals KESLER did everything for us. Kill penalites, shutdown players, Make HUGE plays. How is he not the heart of the team? This team wouldnt even be considered contenders without him

What would this team be without Henrik Sedin? Make a lineup without him and say with a straight face they would be hurt more by losing Kesler.

If you had Kesler of a few year ago sure you could make an argument ( although thats when the Sedins were winning MVP trophies) but he isn't the same player. This isn't a knee jerk reaction to just this season...the trend of him not using his linemates started before this season. I'm not saying he is junk or not an important piece of this team, but he is in no way the most important player to this team the way he has been playing. Even when Daniel went down last year, Henrik stepped up performing well with players like Lapierre on his wing.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
A top 6 with the Ryan Snipin' Kesler doesn't even make the playoffs.

A top 6 with all Henrik/Daniel does.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I think that Burrows is the Heart, Kesler is the engine, and Sedins are the magic.

.... I realize that no organism/machine is actually made of those things.

Sedins are the front wheels, Luongo/Schneider are the back wheels (wheels support the vehicle [team]), Burrows/Kesler are the drivers as they are the "heart and soul" players and decide what direction to go in terms of their play and the rest of the team makes up the vehicle (engine, etc).

I really don't know what I am saying, but I think I'm saying Kesler is important just as every player on this team is as they fill a certain role. Not having Kesler in this team leaves a huge hole and anyone saying otherwise just hates Kesler IMO. Pretty hard to go anywhere without a 2C.

Duodenum

Jul 7, 2008
East Vancouver
Great player, slow start defensively after a long lay off.

Not expecting him to be all-world offensively, especially considering he isn't as naturally gifted as others and needs to work hard during the off season to improve skills. No off-season = skills diminish.

Needs to stop diving, period.

Has been good at distributing the puck this year, making good plays to set others up for shots.

Good on faceoffs so far and blocking plenty of shots.

Kick started the PP.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I was interested to see how Kesler would be tonight, as a Wings fan. He started the evening really getting under my skin as he started jocking Datsyuk, clearly trying to push his buttons. It worked a little, he got a mini-slash from Dats there.

Then at some point Ericsson threw him on the ground during the powerplay in a wrestler-like move, the Wings commentary crew mentioned Kesler was throwing a fit about it, and then that's the last I noticed him all evening.

In my limited, limited sample tonight... I think he needs to stop with the Avery dramatics and get back to hockey. He's a tremendous player and he should focus on using his hockey skill to frustrate guys like Datsyuk and show Ericsson what's up by bouncing right back to the front of the net for some goalie humping.

And holy smokes guys, the Sedins are your best players by a mile. Those guys are incredible together. I have nightmares about them cycling the puck.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
He's been terrible, but what the hell is the coaching staff thinking throwing a guy who's been injured for the last year right into a role where he's expected to play 20 hard minutes a night against the other teams' best players? He should've been getting 3rd line minutes with some PP time for the first 10 or so games whether he likes it or not.

arsmaster*

Name me a forward group in the league that has two players that HAVE to play together to be effective.

Other teams can spread their best two guys, we cant.

It's a significant issue and has been for years.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Name me a forward group in the league that has two players that HAVE to play together to be effective.

What's the last time Perry and Getzlaf were split up? Kopitar and Brown? Krejci and Lucic? They don't have to play together but they still do. Sedins don't have to play together either, they're just more effective that way. Last two times Henrik played without Daniel he was still a PPG player.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
He is just getting warmed up needs a bit of time still. I recommend:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Booth
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Volpatti-Lapierre-Weise

Lundface*

They can be seperated, as Henrik has proven when Daniel gets hurt. The coach can choose to seperate them if he pleases, and to be honest I would at times to throw off the other team.

Would be an effective way to completely shut down Daniel though if that is the intention. How about this

Higgins Sedin Kesler
Sedin Schroeder Burrows
Raymond Lapierre Hansen

:sarcasm:

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008

Daniel gets injured for a long stretch and Henrik still puts up a PPG. In fact, people commended him on his play for "putting the team on his back".

They don't need to play with each other. However, they are much more effective witch each other.

:shakehead

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
What would this team be without Henrik Sedin? Make a lineup without him and say with a straight face they would be hurt more by losing Kesler.

If you had Kesler of a few year ago sure you could make an argument ( although thats when the Sedins were winning MVP trophies) but he isn't the same player. This isn't a knee jerk reaction to just this season...the trend of him not using his linemates started before this season. I'm not saying he is junk or not an important piece of this team, but he is in no way the most important player to this team the way he has been playing. Even when Daniel went down last year, Henrik stepped up performing well with players like Lapierre on his wing.

ha, Henrik vs Kesler in the playoffs is not even close. You take Kesler everytime.

Why are you comparing two players to one? Oh right because everything you say is out of hatred and just make arguments that dont make any sense

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
he's getting lit up so often at even strength that it makes you wonder how he ever put together a season where he won the selke trophy

however, he's part of a handful of guys on the team - garrison and booth included - who get a bit of an early season mulligan based on their situation

if he doesn't improve significantly by the time the playoffs start (which i think is unlikely but still possible) then the canucks are in serious trouble

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Hate his game. Used to not mind it so much when he was scoring. Now he drives me bat **** crazy.

Typical Kesler shift:

1) Fly up the middle and slam my stick around sixteen times for the pass.

2) Attempt to deke around four opposing players instead of dumping it in or using my linemates. If unsuccessful, proceed to Step 4.

3) If successful, take a weak wrist shot on goal or miss the net entirely. Proceed to backpedal.

4) Leave myself completely out of position and/or fall down. Blame my linemates for any defensive miscues.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Daniel gets injured for a long stretch and Henrik still puts up a PPG. In fact, people commended him on his play for "putting the team on his back".

They don't need to play with each other. However, they are much more effective witch each other.

:shakehead

How did Hank do without Daniel in the playoffs?

DennisReynolds

the implication
Dec 11, 2011
Just like how Gillis told Burrows and Kesler to shut up and start playing hockey, Gillis should tell Kesler to stop diving and whining and start playing hockey.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
ha, Henrik vs Kesler in the playoffs is not even close. You take Kesler everytime.

Why are you comparing two players to 1? Oh right because everything you say is out of hatred and just make arguments that dont make any sense

The dash represents the word "or".

Kesler's offensive production outside of the Nashville series is awful. While the Sedins don't produce nearly as much as we would like, they still produce at a consistent rate.

Lundface*

Why are you comparing two players to one? Oh right because everything you say is out of hatred and just make arguments that dont make any sense

Kesler is injured everytime the playoffs roll around anyways. How would Kesler fair if he was a number one center?

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
How did Hank do without Daniel in the playoffs?

Extremely well. I can't believe you would actually question his production in the LA series. That's extremely laughable. Henrik put up the second most points against the Kings in 5 games out of every player that played against them.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
The dash represents the word "or".

Kesler's offensive production outside of the Nashville series is awful. While the Sedins don't produce nearly as much as we would like, they still produce at a consistent rate.

Sedins offensive production outside of the Sharks series was horrible. And another ****** argument. Who came up big in game 7 vs the hawks? Not the Sedins. Kesler one us the nashville series. Even vs the sharks Kesler was huge, played vs thornton, Scored the tying goal in game 5. Funny how you can much you **** on kesler. And even when Kesler isnt producing he does a lot to still help the team. Sedins cant say the same thing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad