What's your curve?

DevilsFan38

Apr 21, 2004
Jersey
My favorite so far is the retail Heatley curve. I haven't tried too many curves, but I really like/need a 5 lie and don't like heel curves, so there's not a whole lot of options out there.

blueberrydanish

May 5, 2009
Ive used the Ovechkin CCM and Gagne Bauer and I loved em both. I have been lookin around to try and find the Samsonov/Pronger Bauer curve but it seems nearly impossible to find outside of the Bauer ID custom site.

Think my next stick will be an Easton and grab the Lidstrom/Getzlaf which is pretty much the same as the Samsonov/Pronger. Cant wait, I love the heel curve and been really wanting to try out the square toe with a little bit longer blade.

I find with these heel curves I can really work on putting power behind my shot and not worry so much about roofing it up because the curve seems to do that pretty easily on its own.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
How is the X:40? Been looking at getting one. But also thinking about saving up and going with the One95.

played last night with i, and i was it was good. I lkike the low kickpoint on the XVI, but this was a little stiffer. put one in and had a few helpers. Cuz it's always about the stick!:)

I really like the stick'em on the shaft. I'd rather not have to add extra weight with tape, so it helps out. It will eventually wear off, but that will take a while playing once or twice a week.

Will see how it works on a regular basis, but for the price it was a good buy at @ $99

Placebo Effect

Mar 7, 2007
Your Mind
played last night with i, and i was it was good. I lkike the low kickpoint on the XVI, but this was a little stiffer. put one in and had a few helpers. Cuz it's always about the stick!:)

I really like the stick'em on the shaft. I'd rather not have to add extra weight with tape, so it helps out. It will eventually wear off, but that will take a while playing once or twice a week.

Will see how it works on a regular basis, but for the price it was a good buy at @ $99
Yeah, it's actually 99.99 at my LHS (Canadian) which is strange because that's how much it is on Hockey Monkey (usually way cheaper). So I avoid shipping costs, exchange rate and any customs fees. I'm on it haha! Besides, I'm not exactly too picky with sticks. How's the weight btw, I'm using a RBK 7K right now?

CanadaBacon

#SavetheGoons
Mar 15, 2009
Hamilton
Yeah, it's actually 99.99 at my LHS (Canadian) which is strange because that's how much it is on Hockey Monkey (usually way cheaper). So I avoid shipping costs, exchange rate and any customs fees. I'm on it haha! Besides, I'm not exactly too picky with sticks. How's the weight btw, I'm using a RBK 7K right now?

Yeah, i have seen it at that price everywhere.

Its over 550 grams for sure, when i compared it to an R2 i would say around 560ish.

k1llua

Feb 9, 2008
I've been alternating between a Coffey and a Thornton, but I've been looking for something that doesn't have quite as deep of a curve. I hate having no backhand.

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
I've been alternating between a Coffey and a Thornton, but I've been looking for something that doesn't have quite as deep of a curve. I hate having no backhand.

Sounds like you may want to try out a Recchi / Datsyuk or a P88 Lindros / Iginla pattern.

Those are universdally virtually all the same company to company too. They are like a 1/2" curve and not the deep 3/4" Coffey curve.

These are also closed toe like the Coffey pattern.

Well anyhoo .... good luck :)

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
I used to use Thornton, liked it a lot. Use a Datsyuk now for the past 8-9 months and don't think I will ever want a different curve.

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
I use the Sakic curve right now, but I'm looking to buy a new stick. I want to try an intermediate, and the Getzlaf curve, but I'm having a hell of a time finding one, anyone have any suggestions?

Buy online .... I'm done with searching through local stores who do not stock enough stuff and are inconsistent with product.

I'm sure you know the links we have all seen in here all over the place to buy hockey gear.

Hockey Monkey seems to me to be one of the best as far as having common stuff in stock. http://www.hockeymonkey.com

Personally I just switched to Harrow Hockey stuff and they have a blade pattern which they number as #7 which is a Getzlaf / Lidstrom curve.

It is the curve I have been using lately and I can atest that Harrow makes great stuff not over priced. http://www.harrowsports.com/icehockey.asp

By the way I am always tooting the Harrow horn in here and please understand I am NOT associated with them in any way at all other than I tried their stuff and play lots of hockey.

I just tell people about good stuff and hate to see people overpaying for a name brand when there are other companies out there not doing that and make stuff just as good.

vyktor

Jan 23, 2008
Are any of you guys that use the Lidstrom, now Getzlaf, pattern familiar with the discontinued TPS Morrow pattern. They told me that the Perry pattern was close but thew toe isn't the same and I don't like it! The Lidstrom looked similar when i saw it in the store but not sure how similar. Or that Harrow #7 I've seen one of those.

SSM12

May 30, 2004
North Carolina, USA
Naslund

Afinogenov

Semin Pro Stock

in order of pref:

Semin pro stock
Naslund
Afinogenov

but I have been using the Afi one a lot and am starting to dig it. I just don't like TPS sticks much. Great curve though, sick haha.

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
Are any of you guys that use the Lidstrom, now Getzlaf, pattern familiar with the discontinued TPS Morrow pattern. They told me that the Perry pattern was close but thew toe isn't the same and I don't like it! The Lidstrom looked similar when i saw it in the store but not sure how similar. Or that Harrow #7 I've seen one of those.

I'm new to the blade pattern of the Lidstrom / Getzlaf so I cannot comment too much about other company resemblances to each other. I do know that the Harrow website lists it as a Lidstrom / Jovanovski pattern so I am guessing that the Jovanovski must be about the same.

Instead of looking around for another I will just buy another harrow #7 since I am used to it already. Nothing would be more irritating than to try another similar pattern from a different company and find it is slightly different but almost the same thing.

I think a Getzlaf from one company would not be exactly the same as another.

I am just glad I can easily get the same stick I want every time and they will be exactly all the same every time and ALWAYS IN-STOCK to boot.

That has always been my biggest complaint always for years and years. I loved Montreal wood sticks with the M95 blades but could hardly ever find any in stores and when I did they would not get anymore until the next winter season once sold out.

Hockey stores in town always cry about when i buy stuff online with comments like "Keeping the money locally helps the local economy". I always say that they don't stock well enough to keep me as regular customer and it is true.

I may not even need anymore shafts or blades for over a year from now anyway but I plan on stocking up on the stuff I use to have later on should anything change.

I love how many fewer sticks I go through now since switching from wood to composites.

nexusrage21

Dec 14, 2004
Eric Godard Pro Stock :)

I was using forsberg/zetterberg curves with occasional toe curve when I can get my hands on them (Kotalik pro), but I've started to use sakic and sakic clones and have good success.

superhakan

Gaudreauby Baker
Dec 2, 2008
Paul Stastny SWD. Really like it. I bought an Iginla, and my shot wasnt half as good as with the stastny.

Pog Form

Jan 9, 2009
Toronto, ON
Just got my hands on two of these,
Letang.jpg

I'm pretty hyped.

That looks awesome. Have you used it yet?

adaminnj

Leafs out = SPRING!
Feb 6, 2009
NJ
Malkin curve

Bauer:
Sniper (Sports check one off stick) (Retired)
Vapor XXV (Love it)
One85 (Skating with it tomorrow)

I like the deeper closed curve, it seems to hold the puck and I can release where ever I want. My backhand shot improved when I started to use the Malkin curve too.

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
Anybody try the Bauer Supreme One95 custom order stick with the Blake Wheeler blade pattern on it?

I can't even find any info Googling it. The Bauer website has the custom stick thing for the One95 and when you get to the blade patterns it says the Wheeler is a 7 LIE for people more upright and like the puck in close to their feet .... like me.

I use a 6 LIE as that is all that can be found usually. Mostly there are 5 LIES on the shelves which are useless to me for the most part. I can adapt to it but it makes for more concentration when shooting.

Anyhew I have never tried a 7 LIE .... anybody here ever tried one that is tall?

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
I like Heel, Slightly Open, Round

I have Crosby right now. Going to be trying the Warrior Vanek soon since it has a lower lie and I would like a Warrior one piece at some point.

superhakan

Gaudreauby Baker
Dec 2, 2008
Noob question. Can someone explain to me how you describe a curve? Like Lie, toe, and open or neutral it would be appreciate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad