What's your curve?

GuitarAwesome

Feb 18, 2009
Hey there users,

Wondering what curves you were currently using, and what you have thought of curves you have sued, thought it would be an interesting conversation.

On my main stick, I got a Heatley curve. In the beginning I was extremely frustrated, as I couldn't load my shots properly, as I wasn't used to it. I finally figured it out after 2 weeks, and now my wrist/snap shots are incredible. Ever see Heatley take a slapshot? Nah.

I have a Potulny Pro-Stock as well, that's a garbage curve, it's as open as it can be, do not like.

I used Forsberg for almost 4 years, it was my favorite curve, but now that goes to Heatley.
Pitkanen is also extremely similar to Forsberg.

CanadaBacon

#SavetheGoons
Mar 15, 2009
Hamilton
3/4" mid curve, slightly open, rounded toe. Afinogenov

Been thinking about maybe going a bit less curve and a bit more open.

densetsu

Billington curve with my TPS Icecap sticks, Thibault curve with my Sherwood 5030's. I seem to get more lift and power with the Billington curve, though those sticks are getting harder and harder to find.

Goalies can play in this thread too, right? ;)

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Dream curve - a nice subtle 1/4" curve starting at the heel through the blade, then a 1/2" slightly open hook at the toe. 5.5 lie with the profile of a Modano and rockered heel/toe.

Current curve - P88, which is too flat nowawadays.

Other curves I've used:

Modano - too flat
Iginla - too short and flat
Lindros - nice curve, used to be more curved
Kovalchuk - a bit off a kink, not bad
Robitaille - perfect curve
Heatley - too short and flat
Sakic - too long, flat and open
Drury - too long, way too open, too flat

You can see I like a mid/toe hook.

Heatley's real stick is not his retail curve.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I go between the Sakic and the P12, which is the iginla. Ideally I would use something like the Heatley, which is pretty much a toned down sakic, but I'm not sure if the lie would work, and they don't make the curve with tapered blades.

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Lidstrom, all the way.

I have tried Drury and Sakic, and ended up torching them to reshape them to be more open and more heel curved... did not do it for me.

I went back to the Lidstrom curve. I ripped one short side, top shelf over the goalies shoulder on a rush from one stride inside the blue.... best shot I have taken in a long time. At the end of the game, the opposing golatender came up and asked if I was the one who shot that puck. "Nice shot."

I was freaking proud of that shot even if we lost 5-1.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
Gotta go with the Naslund/Backstrom P92 Curve from Bauer. Mid toe curve, 6 lie Just picked up the Vapor X40 today since it took me a few weeks to find the p92 with a 102 flex locally. at a reasonable price.

If anyone has a lead on the Bauer XVI 102 flex with P92 blade, please PM me. Cant find this stick since they discontinued it!

Placebo Effect

Mar 7, 2007
Your Mind
Gotta go with the Naslund/Backstrom P92 Curve from Bauer. Mid toe curve, 6 lie Just picked up the Vapor X40 today since it took me a few weeks to find the p92 with a 102 flex locally. at a reasonable price.

If anyone has a lead on the Bauer XVI 102 flex with P92 blade, please PM me. Cant find this stick since they discontinued it!
How is the X:40? Been looking at getting one. But also thinking about saving up and going with the One95.

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
I used to use a Thornton curve for the longest while (CCM), but since switching to Easton sticks I've been using the Forsberg curve and I like it a lot.

A good backhander coupled with long reach absolutely wrecks the goalies I play against!

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
How is the X:40? Been looking at getting one. But also thinking about saving up and going with the One95.

I'll Tell you tomorrow, have a game tonight and just bought it.

Crap luck is, after looking for the XVI for over a month, i did a different search for Stick Sizing, and low and behold I find the exact XVI for $60 at www.purehockey.com. Just ordered that to. It really has to do with the Lie/Blade/Flex to me though, wasnt worried whether it was a 20/40/60 or whatever....

the 40 seems fine now, but will hook you up with analysis tomorrow.

Also, i am not big on spending big $$ on sticks, just not worth it to me, I cant justify a $200 stick in a mens league with Hackers. I broke two this session, and it gets costly.

Superstar Treatment

Sep 20, 2009
732 Jersey
Currently I'm bouncing between a bunch of sakic/crosby/backstrom curves on various sticks. Still keep a couple modano clones around and I picked up a couple warriors in the jovanovski curve to mess with.

rinkrat22

Jul 27, 2007
Chicago
I keep bouncing between naslund/sakic and gagne/drury. I really wish I could get a mild heel curve with a little open hook on the toe since I cant shoot or stick handle worth a ****, its nice to have the stick assist me. and yes I know its all technique HF68 its totally my fault that I suck but after nearly 30 years of playing I accept that I suck.

Elshupacabra

Aug 10, 2008
the dock of the bay
I haven't tried it yet but the retail Getzlaf curve looks awesome.

Right now I'm using a Phaneuf curve that I don't really like all too well.

Coffey, but they are getting hard to find.

Seriously? I see tons of the Sher-woods around here they have the woods ones and now I see they even have composite ones painted up to look like wood!

raygunpk

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Feb 5, 2008
Dream curve - a nice subtle 1/4" curve starting at the heel through the blade, then a 1/2" slightly open hook at the toe. 5.5 lie with the profile of a Modano and rockered heel/toe.

Current curve - P88, which is too flat nowawadays.

Other curves I've used:

Modano - too flat
Iginla - too short and flat
Lindros - nice curve, used to be more curved
Kovalchuk - a bit off a kink, not bad
Robitaille - perfect curve
Heatley - too short and flat
Sakic - too long, flat and open
Drury - too long, way too open, too flat

You can see I like a mid/toe hook.

Heatley's real stick is not his retail curve.

What do you mean by too flat? Are you talking about the open-ness or the bottom rocker of the blade?

Pog Form

Jan 9, 2009
Toronto, ON
I haven't tried it yet but the retail Getzlaf curve looks awesome.

Right now I'm using a Phaneuf curve that I don't really like all too well.

Seriously? I see tons of the Sher-woods around here they have the woods ones and now I see they even have composite ones painted up to look like wood!

Haha, yeah, every store I've ever been in for the past like 10 years up until today has had tons of Sherwood Coffey curves. And like you said, they even have the one-piece painted to look like the wood ones.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Was using a Gagne, but the S17 I got had an Iginla and I loved it. That broke and started using a SE16 I had gotten with a Zetterberg curve. Not a fan of the curve, but the lie is better. So going to get myself some Heatleys.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
Was using a Gagne, but the S17 I got had an Iginla and I loved it. That broke and started using a SE16 I had gotten with a Zetterberg curve. Not a fan of the curve, but the lie is better. So going to get myself some Heatleys.

I have a Zetterberg that my wife bought me, and i am not a fan of the blade at all. NOTE to wives, look at your hubby's current stick if you go to buy him one. Or I could have easily returned it, but decided to try it out. And still didnt like it. it has been moved to third in rotation as a just in case stick.

CanadaBacon

#SavetheGoons
Mar 15, 2009
Hamilton
Too straight, not too flat. I can't think properly.

Ideal curve - 5/8" toe, slightly open, 5.5 lie, medium length.
Favorite retail - 1/2" mid, neutral, 5.5 lie, medium length.

I think i would like that too, with just a bit more then slightly open

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad