Whats up with Laine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
Okay, this is just comical.
How so? I think Matthews is for sure the better player and will always score more points, but Laine is an incredible goal scorer and IN MY OPINION better than Matthews at that. Or do you think Laine will continue to shoot sub 10% of his shots in while AM and the Leafs score everything.

Reactions: libertarian

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
Of course we can thank Paul Maurice for giving so much responsibility to CSW which sucks defensively while still chunking 20-24 minutes a night. What has that brought? Too much separation. I mean Laine would start probably score right after they break ELL and put Copp or Roslovic centering. There's proof and sample size on it.
Little by Little(!) I am starting to think there's some truth to Maurice attempting to torpedo Laine to get him to sign a cheaper contract. If I were Laine, I would be looking elsewhere if they still insist on pairing him with incompetent 3rd line centers despite there being extensive proof of it not working at all.

Imagine Carolina with Laine - Aho - Teräväinen. Aho and Laine have a f-ton of chemistry all the way from the Juniors. It would be an incredible line, not to mention the first all-Finnish line.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
First of all, really happy for Matthews, he is a beast. Just keep in mind that if you want to compare comparable seasons, you take Matthews' last season and compare to Laine this season.

Secondly, Laine is playing low minutes on a completely ridiculous line. The whole team is a mess.

Reactions: LAINEC

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Not suprised it was asked by TML fan. There is also Matthews mention for good measure.

And here I was thinking that this was the NHL discussion board where posters can ask questions about the league in general so that fans of different teams don't go flooding team specific boards. Or are Leaf fans not allowed to post here lest overly sensitive fans get upset over legitimate discussions because they choose to read something into a post? Because this would mean that Leaf fans would only be able to post threads to discuss Leaf related things which would draw the same overly sensitive fans to complain that said Leaf fans should post that content on the Leaf specific board? Maybe if you don't like stumbling on content that references the Leafs, you should stay in your safe space on your team board?

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
And here I was thinking that this was the NHL discussion board where posters can ask questions about the league in general so that fans of different teams don't go flooding team specific boards. Or are Leaf fans not allowed to post here lest overly sensitive fans get upset over legitimate discussions because they choose to read something into a post? Because this would mean that Leaf fans would only be able to post threads to discuss Leaf related things which would draw the same overly sensitive fans to complain that said Leaf fans should post that content on the Leaf specific board? Maybe if you don't like stumbling on content that references the Leafs, you should stay in your safe space on your team board?

I think the point is the sly "hehehe matthews is better" at the end. Not that a Leaf fan is asking why isn't Laine scoring.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Lol, so much typing to miss the actual point. Great job!

Reactions: JetsHomer

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
Yea man, because Leaf fans are always so interested about other teams' star players and why they are doing so bad, so they make threads about it. It just so happens to be that it's always Laine or McDavid being the player that they make threads about :sarcasm: It's always those two players that you guys target, is it insecurity or just trolling, I have no clue.

Wake up to reality and see the narrative here. This guy isn't a dude who just is curious why Laine is doing so bad. He is trying to bring Laine to a bad light. You can believe whatever you want though!

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
only 1 goal in his last 10 games to end the regular season
5 goals in 17 playoff games
1 goal so far in 4 games this year.

7 goals in 31 games is pretty shocking for a kid that had 44 last year. only 16points total as well

is he banged up or just on an extended cold streak

hopefully he turns it around because Matthews vs Laine was the next Sid vs OV
Matthews has blown it wide open with 9 goals already this year

Way to jinx Matthews with this thread. It's way too soon for this nonsense.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
only 1 goal in his last 10 games to end the regular season
5 goals in 17 playoff games
1 goal so far in 4 games this year.

7 goals in 31 games is pretty shocking for a kid that had 44 last year. only 16points total as well

is he banged up or just on an extended cold streak

hopefully he turns it around because Matthews vs Laine was the next Sid vs OV
Matthews has blown it wide open with 9 goals already this year
He'll score goals. It's what he does. He is an excellent young player.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
He will be fine. Will be at top of goal scoring list in NHL by the end of the season, and for many more to come.

Goal scoring is always a bit streaky no matter who it is.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I am a fan of Leafs and Swedes in particular. And the opposite when it comes to Winnipeg and Finnish players. Ok i like the logo if u take away the jetplane and i only disslike the Finns because they have to many top end players that will make them win over Sweden in worldcups and olympics. So its a disslike coming from jealosy more then anything else.

All that aside.
Laine is as good or even better then last year. A lot of things decides if a player gets a scoring streek or not. He will start soon , and unfortunaly for me and opponents when he starts he will not stop.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
1 goal in 4 games to start the season. Very worrying, large sample size and all.

But on a sidenote Matthews is some much better 2 way player, plus center is more valuable position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad