What's up with Aho?

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
Aho since coming into the league: 124 points in 165 games

Marner since coming into the league: 153 points in in 178 games

He's outproduced Aho significantly since coming into the league. Until Aho proves he can hang with Marner for any sort of decent sample size, Marner is in a different tier.
How about last year when he got more goals on a WAY worse team? Just stop you are embarrasing all Leaf fans. They are the same tier. I would personally take Aho going forward as he is a center and a better goal scorer.

Just out of curiosity in what tier are putting Marner in?
Aho is in the 70-80 point tier pretty much, so is Marner 90 points? :popcorn:

Can you just also get out of this one and make antoher Marner vs Aho poll please. This is NOT another Leaf thread.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I know that you're kidding with the whole post but Pulju doesn't hold any type of value on his own anymore
I can't stand the Oilers but a top 5 pick from 3 drafts ago with less than 100 games under his belt doesn't fit the description of "no value on his own" people calling these kids busts and saying they have no value when they are 20 is getting out of hand and frankly is downright dumb.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
I can't stand the Oilers but a top 5 pick from 3 drafts ago with less than 100 games under his belt doesn't fit the description of "no value on his own" people calling these kids busts and saying they have no value when they are 20 is getting out of hand and frankly is downright dumb.
Well go ahead and present an offer that the other fanbase agrees on. I wouldnt spend proven assets for him at the moment, which is usually what high picks at the minimum would get in a trade.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Well go ahead and present an offer that the other fanbase agrees on. I wouldnt spend proven assets for him at the moment, which is usually what high picks at the minimum would get in a trade.
1) This isn't the trade board and I have no interest in suggesting a trade.
2) Just because YOU wouldn't spend assets, doesn't mean actual people in charge wouldn't.
3) My entire point is you essentially called a 20 year old kid a bust. He's the same age as Jake Bean, are you going to call him a bust too?

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
1) This isn't the trade board and I have no interest in suggesting a trade.
2) Just because YOU wouldn't spend assets, doesn't mean actual people in charge wouldn't.
3) My entire point is you essentially called a 20 year old kid a bust. He's the same age as Jake Bean, are you going to call him a bust too?

The whole point here is that Pulju alone doesn't warrant good assets going to EDM. He is worth more to EDM than any other team just because he hasn't really produced.

What team would gamble on him turning out to what he was thought out to be right now? I really think EDM has his halue way higher than anyone would ever trade for, and because of that, he's losing value by the season. Not really a bust, but not in a great position either way.

And it's way easier to say that there is lots of value for Pulju in a trade and go all ''holier than thee" attitude on me. Why dont you have to support your argument and try a trade proposal? Or, if you really believe that he has lots of value, just make a poll. I have thought about his situation a few times myself.

Can't comment on Bean at all since I've not watched him at all.

But meh, it's an Aho thread where I responded to a joke comment with a slightly more serious one.

Last edited:

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
Better than Marner for sure.

Marner better than Laine for sure. Equal with Aho ...for now, Too many skilled players around Marner for Aho to keep pace

This Thread was going good for me cause I really like Aho, then you went and made a stupid comment that had no bearing on anything " better than Marner for sure " check the stats and you will see that Aho is not better than Marner they are neck and neck! But now I don't like Aho so much because of your stupid statement.

EDIT: I take that back snake, Marner has always been better than Aho and always will be!

Last edited:

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
Aho sitting 4th (tied for 3rd) in scoring. He's also got the best +- to start the year out of all players. Considering his slow starts for 2 past years, it's going pretty good.

Get that Marner crap out of here because this thread was obviously made for Aho.

It was salmonsnake who brought Marner into it. Read post # 24

Last edited:

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Having a seizure my man?

Aho's a beast though. I'm disappointed in us, the Leaf fans. First our fanbase is jealous of Aho and then Hurricanes' fans like counts... What is going on?
Seizure?

Aho had 0 goals and 8 assists in 15 games to start last year. Also from games 21 to 40 for him he has 2 goals and 3 assists in 14 games.

But midway through the year he fired all cylinders consistently and never stopped. The streakiness stopped and consistent superstar level play was seen. He has started the year in that form and I suspect it is here to stay. He won't keep on pace for 160 points or anything. nobody will. But him hitting 35 goals and 85 points will surprise nobody

Reactions: Lovsan and 1OApick

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Yes and we have already reached a consensus that Aho is better then Marner because if Marner was so much better. He would be centering the 1st line and he isn't.
And Aho would?

Is he better than Matthews and Tavares now?

Can you imagine if the Leafs picked Aho instead of Travis Dermott at pick #34, while I like Dermott it's not even close, boy was I mad at Hunter for skipping Aho and the very next pick he goes.

So close to having a Finnish superstar player with my favorite team... twice. Both my favorite players too, darn it. alas, #34 is fine I guess.

Edit: Oh right I was supposed to get in on this Marner is better or something fight--- aand nope, Marner's my fav Leafs player and I'll just choose to love both Aho and Marner, just like I loove Laine & Matthews is fine i guess. lol.
Then we'd be in even more cap trouble than we are and would probably be trading Aho to a team like Carolina. I'm fine with Matthews, Tavares, Marner and Dermott thanks.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
OP i don't think Laine is struggling too much in Winnipeg. That McDavid guy only has 2 goals through almost 2 weeks into the season. I think he could use a change of scenery, and moving him to the wing could work.

Maybe try that avenue instead?

Tavares to Marner

Dec 20, 2011
Hamilton
You could have both ;) took dermott instead one pick before Aho was taken :) dermott looked great too. Havent seen him this season tho how is he?

really good, I'm not to sad about the Dermott pick at all especially cause we need D rn

honestly I like him more than Gardiner easily

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Aho is a super talented player and no one should be surprised if he has a big season. If he was not hidden in no mans land, he would be talked about far more than he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad