Waived: What's the deal with Dominik Kahun?

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I don’t know if anyone loves him, but giving the Laughs the 15th overall pick AND him for Kap was inexcusable. If this was the price Dubas wanted, JR should have hung up his flip phone and went back to his 4:15 pm PF Chang’s dinner.

He was in our top 3-5 prospects.

Those same people that undervalue him are the same homers that would be praising him in the prospect thread happening right now.

Sure thang.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Kahun and McCann played well together and helped carry the team during one of the roughest injury stretches. There is something clearly off with him though.

Kahun had 3 points in a game... Sullivan healthy scratched him the very next game. There was clearly problems going on off the ice, because on ice he worked his ass off every shift

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Kahun had 3 points in a game... Sullivan healthy scratched him the very next game. There was clearly problems going on off the ice, because on ice he worked his ass off every shift
I thought it was because he banged Sullivan's daughter.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
There have never been any rumors about that at all, weird that people jump to that speculation like Sullivan hasn't healthy scratched players for stupid or bizarre reasons and kept playing others for no reason at all.

Riikola would play well, then make 1 tiny mistake and he'd get benched for weeks, meanwhile other players would make countless errors and their ice time wouldn't decrease or anything of that sort.

It's just bizarre to me that a stubborn prick like Sullivan isn't an issue in this and it's "Kahun must've irked players in the dressing room" type of bs.

There are countless players still free agents, a lot want term because they don't make an exorbitant amount like stars so for them to have stability, I get it, they want term and a lot of teams don't want to given the expansion draft next year and some players also want 1yr deals so they can also be an option for that team.

Hoffman is also a free agent - Only narrative on him is that Karlsson's whack job of a wife accused his gf of stuff that was never proven in court and apparently Hoffman's gf is so good at what she did that it was NSA level....*roll-eyes*
Sheary
Granlund
Vatanen
Soderberg
Haula - Only issue he had was that he wants to play C, not W.
Frolik - Everyone's favorite wet blanket of a trade target every year.
etc...

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
FlipTable.jpg

Good thing the pens signed so many more useful players in positions of need

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Can any Pens fans chime in on what we should expect?

Him and Draisaitl grew up together and are super close.

We’re pretty over the moon with this one, let’s RNH move up to McDavids wing and gives Drai his left winger.

What is this depth the Oilers now have in the top 9?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He played on a line with Draisaitl. He even outscored him.
I dont understand that there isnt more love for him. He has the tools for a Top6 forward.

Now he’s back on a line with his boy.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Can any Pens fans chime in on what we should expect?

Him and Draisaitl grew up together and are super close.

We’re pretty over the moon with this one, let’s RNH move up to McDavids wing and gives Drai his left winger.

What is this depth the Oilers now have in the top 9?

He’s bounced around between three teams in two years and has been a very good producer on all three teams which obviously throws up some red flags.

But, I don’t necessarily understand why he has been traded. He’s a solid top nine wing and probably after RNH and Yamamoto will be Edmonton’s best. Obviously you know the numbers he and Drai put up so I wouldn’t be surprised to see Kahun hit 50 pts this year and be an absolute steal with Drai.

That being said, if we follow his previous usage with Sully and Q who IMO are more lenient coaches than Tippett, he was given strictly soft and light minutes. So it also wouldn’t surprise me to see him toiling on the 3rd line for no apparent reason.

I think everyone on our board would have loved Kahun back at this cost. Insane upside and really no downside.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don’t mean for this to come off as a
criticism of Dadonov because I wanted him here, but I really question if he is what a contender would want given that he just chased money and term to be in Ottawa.
It'S bEcAuSe He SiGnEd WiTh A tEaM To PlAy wItH pLaYeRs We DiDn'T HaVe.

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
Well, it looks like the Oilers have signed him.

Edmonton Oilers to sign forward Dominik Kahun - TSN.ca

I called it.

I knew for a fact he wasn't going to get $2M+ given the situation of everything. It makes me hopeful that maybe just maybe the Penguins could convince Haula to sign a cheap one year deal like that. That said, I'd much rather have Kahun at $925K than Rodrigues at league minimum. Imagine if we didn't sign Ceci.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad