Speculation: Whats next for Calgary ?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I'm just keeping you honest. You act all high and mighty like you can't possibly wrong, sometimes you need to be reminded that you were in fact very very wrong multiple times. You can't keep acting like you always know something other posters don't without expecting your failures to be presented to you when they come to roost.

I said this 4 days ago about Markstrom
Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see him being a legit starter beyond 33

6 days ago about Jack Quinn
I've been wrong before but I'd be shocked if he ends up a full time NHL player.

Seems like you are projecting

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
Yep, I'm still pretty comfortable in predicting that they finish comfortably ahead of Calgary this season.

Same time though

1) Demko took the crease, they viewed him as the better option
2) They added a better dman, their D got slightly better
3) Yeah their forwards got worse

I don't think they are a better team than they were a month ago, I just think they are a better team than Calgary
Demko played 3 solid games, that’s not even close to “taking the crease” that’s taking a huge risk if you’re Vancouver. And saying Schmidt is better than Tanev is hilarious.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
I’d
Without the trade last night, I would agree with you that the Flames are better as that hole in the top 4 would’ve been too big but adding in a top pairing D man that can move the puck more than fills that hole.

Markstrom was outstanding for us! There should be no doubts about that! And Demko likely has learning curves to go through on his path to becoming a starting goalie but he looks ready. He’s had huge potential since he was drafted and he’s been living up to it ever since, he stoned walled Vegas! Van had to make a choice Demko or Markstrom, we couldn’t keep both as one would’ve been plucked by Seattle.

Also, guys like Petterson, Boeser, Horvat and Hughes should only get better as well. I think the Flames and Canucks are pretty equal, I wouldn’t say one is better than the other. The Flames would be the safer pick but Canucks have a lot more potential IMO.
I’d be hesitant to call Schmidt a top pairing D, but I 100% agree that these teams are almost identical on paper.

Ledge And Dairy

Demko played 3 solid games, that’s not even close to “taking the crease” that’s taking a huge risk if you’re Vancouver. And saying Schmidt is better than Tanev is hilarious.
100% agree about he Demko part but I do think Schmidt is overall better than Tanev. But that doesn't mean Vancouver will be better, they still lost a lot this offseason

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Don't see much happening. Sign some bargin depth and call it an off-season.

Fill some holes at the deadline if necessary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad