Speculation: Whats next for Calgary ?

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Perhaps a Hanifin trade and/or a Rittich trade. But probably not at this point. The market's messed

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Two RFAs to sign and that brings the roster to 19. A few more forwards to sign after.

Total free cap space: $5.7M

Can’t see them signing any more than a few $1M type forwards.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

SnipeNCelly

Feb 24, 2019
Perhaps a Hanifin trade and/or a Rittich trade. But probably not at this point. The market's messed
I definitely see a trade happening. Probably a hockey trade 1 fr 1 addressing both sides needs? But most likely to make room to possibly sign a piece and resign mangi ,dube and kylington

SnipeNCelly

Feb 24, 2019
Getting Mangiapane signed. Signing 2 depth forwards/rebound candidates. Potentially signing a depth D. That’s likely it.

Less likely possibilities are trading Hanifin, or signing another impact player and then making a cap clearing move such as Ryan or Bennett.
What do you think mangi gets signed for ? I guess that determines alot moving forward here for the flames

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Maybe a middle 6 RW signing if they come in at a bargain. Probably nothing.

Bet on getting a bit more production and development from Dube, Mangiapane, Bennett, Kylington, Valimaki, and Hanifin. Gaudreau rebounds to his normal self and Tkachuk keeps getting better and I think the offense is fine. Especially if Markstrom can keep his GAA below 3.00

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
My own analysis...

It’s 9/5/3 at 75.8M

Rittich st $2.75M should be traded for a contract elsewhere making $1M like a F

Sign 2 RFAs at $1M thsts gets you to
11/6/2 at around $76M

3F snd 1D at $1m gets you to $80M.

You could try to trade Hanifin for an ELC Dman and futures or other ELCs which then would open you up to a bigger signing or trade for a p,Ayer from a team looking to unload a player dirt cheap.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
1st round exit.

I don't feel they moved forward this offseason. Except in goal, that was huge.

Gio is still aging, Andersen isn't ready to be a 1d yet.

Top 6 is still alright, tons of average. Depth won't bail them out.

They definitely aren't a team that'll scare others. Are they better than Vancouver or Edmonton? I don't feel so.

Reactions: wonton15

Right Wing

Oct 3, 2020
Maybe a middle 6 RW signing if they come in at a bargain. Probably nothing.

Bet on getting a bit more production and development from Dube, Mangiapane, Bennett, Kylington, Valimaki, and Hanifin. Gaudreau rebounds to his normal self and Tkachuk keeps getting better and I think the offense is fine. Especially if Markstrom can keep his GAA below 3.00
Need more Canucks haha. Wouldn’t mind a sign and swap RFA’s
Mangiapane for Virtanen
A line of Lucic-Bennett-Virtanen would be exciting to watch, kind of like the “Grind line” of the Red Wings cup runs

Ledge And Dairy

1st round exit.

I don't feel they moved forward this offseason. Except in goal, that was huge.

Gio is still aging, Andersen isn't ready to be a 1d yet.

Top 6 is still alright, tons of average. Depth won't bail them out.

They definitely aren't a team that'll scare others. Are they better than Vancouver or Edmonton? I don't feel so.
Just like Suzuki is going to be taking steps forward for the Habs, Flames have Dube, Mangiapane, Andersson, Hanifin and Tkachuk all will take steps forward this year as well. And just like you have Romanov coming in we have Valimaki who's a PPG over in Liiga right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad