Whats more valuable, Drouin or $5.5M Freed Cap

Which way should we go?

• Total voters

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
To add some context, Drouin is currently in his prime years, offensively. Most players peak at around this age. We shouldn't expect him to improve significantly between the ages of 26 and 31. That's not a thing.

It's sad to say, but I think that prime Desharnais would be a greater help than prime Drouin, particularly if Desharnais was being used as a middle six winger rather than a first line center. He was actually a decent middle six winger. He'd also cost less in cap money lol.

Considering what Bergevin paid for him, Drouin illustrates everything that's wrong with this franchise. He can't be gone soon enough for me.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
You know it's bad when threads like this come up. Because, saving money in Molson's pockets perhaps is better than keeping Drouin. Sad but true

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
He's not utilizing his skating/skill package for a soft winger type. He needs a coach like Torts

You can say that again!

Torts is a pretty ornery type fellow that seems kind of intolerant and prone to explode.Can only imagine the Drouin effect on him as his play is probably a contributing factor to Claude's situation.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You can say that again!

Torts is a pretty ornery type fellow that seems kind of intolerant and prone to explode.Can only imagine the Drouin effect on him as his play is probably a contributing factor to Claude's situation.

Julien is too nice and Drouin needs someone more firm. Domi as well. I like what Julien has done with Suzuki and Kotkaniemi but not with Domi and Drouin. However, some players are easier to coach vs others.

I think Domi is stubborn and Drouin is too laid back. From the outside looking in anyways.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Julien is too nice and Drouin needs someone more firm. Domi as well. I like what Julien has done with Suzuki and Kotkaniemi but not with Domi and Drouin. However, some players are easier to coach vs others.

I think Domi is stubborn and Drouin is too laid back. From the outside looking in anyways.

Domi and JD would fit in nicely with the Leafs.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He's not going anywhere and all will be fine. Kirk Muller steps in to replace Julien only because of health reasons and Bergevin has to get on his knees and beg the media not to crucify the habs because Muller can't speak french lol, pure comedy gold for me. Double standards much?

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You know that's not what I am getting at.

Why don't you tell me your point? Ah... I get it now... Drouin needs a center like ROR. I get it now. Who said that? :sarcasm:. If MacKinnon came out and said that, you would still not agree with it I am sure. ;)

Drouin is watching and he agrees with me. That's got to count for something right? :laugh:

giphy.gif

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Why don't you tell me your point? Ah... I get it now... Drouin needs a center like ROR. I get it now. Who said that? :sarcasm:. If MacKinnon came out and said that, you would still not agree with it I am sure. ;)

Drouin is watching and he agrees with me. That's got to count for something right? :laugh:

giphy.gif
Jonathan Drouin wouldn't last 2 games with any top tier center in this league, they simply would not accept his lack of competing and attention to the game, I believe that he is on his way out of the NHL. He might get a few 1 million+bonus show me deals first but then he's gone. Bergevin set him up for life and it was a terrible blunder.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Jonathan Drouin wouldn't last 2 games with any top tier center in this league, they simply would not accept his lack of competing and attention to the game, I believe that he is on his way out of the NHL. He might get a few 1 million+bonus show me deals first but then he's gone. Bergevin set him up for life and it was a terrible blunder.

Possible he ends up like Galchenyuk. Maybe not. I'm not as negative on him as you are and we both see his flaws.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
In the end, his career will probably sound a lot like Benoit Pouliot's.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad