Whats more valuable, Drouin or $5.5M Freed Cap

Which way should we go?

• Total voters

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Trade or remove.
Dudes done as far as I am concerned in MTL. If he does have value, its not with us.

He was promised to be the savior of the habs with his "elite scoring" and that has never materialized.

We got fleeced, bamboozled, conned, robbed , plundered etc.

To think he was going to replace the scoring of rads, on top of the other aspects of driving the play etc? :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Wish you the best in your recovery as mental health is no joke but with respect to playing for the habs.....Soo long and don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

Reactions: EXPOS123 and BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I don't have much of an issue with paying Drouin $5.5M, even on an awful offensive team he's put up a 50 point pace over his time in Montreal.

Our bigger issues are we are paying over $8M for 4th line players in Armia, Byron and Lehkonen. On top of that we are paying $15M to Weber, Chiarot and Edmundson who can't move the puck and are in our top 4, along with our goalies making $14M.
Sounds like we need a new GM, doesn't it?
All of our issues seem to come full circle on that exact issue.
Leaving Drouin in tampa would have been the smart thing to do.........

Reactions: Habs13

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
I’m hoping that JD gets his personal stuff worked out, comes back for the playoffs, and then wins the MVP of the playoffs in a close decision with Price who has stood on his head with a .979 save %. Drouin wins it with 15 goals and 25 assists.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I’m hoping that JD gets his personal stuff worked out, comes back for the playoffs, and then wins the MVP of the playoffs in a close decision with Price who has stood on his head with a .979 save %. Drouin wins it with 15 goals and 25 assists.
LOL..............Easy big fella!!
Drouin, had to quit for awhile so that's not possible.....Price on the other hand, could get a .930 % and maybe help the habs to an upset....maybe would be the key word.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I still don't hate the Drouin for Sergachev trade...

I prefer offense - and Drouin had a ton of potential. I don't regret making that trade. I know things haven't worked out great for Drouin, but I think that's just bad fortune, not something that necessarily should have been predicted.

As for the poll - my answer is still keep Drouin. His cap isn't an issue, never has been.

Clearly he has issues, and didn't play well this year, especially second half, so he may be done here. But the $$ for production wasn't ever such a huge deal. The frustrating part with him was knowing he could do a lot more, yet not reaching that level, but it was never a question of him being overpaid.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Right now, him in the lineup would be better than cap space...

Gotta figure he knows that, and that it's killing him to miss this series... whatever he dealing with must be pretty rough on him, hope, especially today, he's getting the support he needs to get well.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Trade or remove.
Dudes done as far as I am concerned in MTL. If he does have value, its not with us.

He was promised to be the savior of the habs with his "elite scoring" and that has never materialized.

We got fleeced, bamboozled, conned, robbed , plundered etc.

To think he was going to replace the scoring of rads, on top of the other aspects of driving the play etc? :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Wish you the best in your recovery as mental health is no joke but with respect to playing for the habs.....Soo long and don't let the door hit ya on the way out.
You forgot that he was supposed to finally be the number 1 centre man we’ve been searching for the past 10 years

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
In this the 5.5 mill of free cap space.

And the Habs will get that cap space this off season when the Habs and Drouin mutually agree to terminate contract.

I wonder how long they can ride the LTIR with whatever issues he is dealing with? Another full season? Doubt it but I wonder. Drouin has earned $24M (before tax) so far so it's possible he considers to retire or terminate contract and he tries to get a contract with someone else.

I'm guessing not many are considering him playing another game with the Habs. Low probability?

Also, $5.5M cap space freed up only means Danault gets a chuck of that. Wait for it... our fan base is going to flip out when Danault gets $6M because Drouin's cap is off the books and we have room to overpay Danault now. Be careful with what you wish for

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad