OT: Whatcha Drinkin' Part II: The Sequel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
rum-johnnie-walker-green-label.jpg

Reactions: FMichael

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
I still have a can of the A La Mode in the fridge. Just mix with a little ice cream and milk?

Of the cherry or this one? The Cherry a la mode is probably top 5 all time for me. Still have a couple that I haven’t had the heart to finish.

Just add vanilla ice cream. I have some Tillamook but I’m sure it won’t matter much. Do pretty close to a 1/1 ratio. I don’t usually measure. But you’ll want to get close to that so you don’t over work it and it turns too runny. Pour the beer first so it mixes better/quicker.

Reactions: Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Yep, that one the mixed berry. Haven't been able to try the cherry yet.

Cool, sounds good I'll give that a try this week.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Hey @Prior , I saw a tweet from my local liquor store showing they have Untitled Art's Capri Cooler Pixie Mix Seltzer...have you had that one? It looks good.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
You're a man with refined taste Talon. Haven't tried the Lagavulin, what was the verdict?
Smooth, surprisingly short, not the long unfolding experience you'd typically expect. Has a spicy peat flavor, maybe a hint on vanilla.

I don't advise drinking it neat, it gets a bit sharp on the pallet that way... a single cube of ice, no additional water is how I found it tastes best.

The ice takes the edge off, turning the overbearing taste when neat to the more refined flavor you're looking for in a good scotch. Added water only drowns out that flavor quickly... I'm guessing because it's such a "short" flavor experience. Any more than that single cube of ice will do the same as adding water as well, as that ice melting will knock out flavor quickly, so you just don't dare add more than that single cube IMO.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I decided to go completely alcohol-free for the month of January, just because. I feel great, lost a few pounds, but am looking forward to having my first beer of 2021 on Monday. :thumbu:
Not my choice, but I'm going on 7 months alcohol free with a couple more to go!

All this good looking scotch/whiskey in this thread definitely has me looking forward to my first of 2021 as well. Cheers!

Reactions: MuckOG and TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Always on the lookout for good scotch to add to the collection... found these today.

Glenlivet Nadurra Oloroso, first fill sherry cask, no chill filtration, cask strength. Batch Olo516, 60.4% abv
glenlivet-nadurra-oloroso-cask-strength-batch-ol0615-whisky.jpg

Johhny Walker Gold Label Reserve
johnniewalker_goldlabelreserve750__01937.1383774071.1280.1280.jpg

Johhny Walker "Ultimate" 18
johnnie_walker_18_anos_70_cl.jpg

Glenmorangie The Cadboll Estate 15
Cadboll-Estate-15Y-US-Exclusive-Sell-Sheet-12_800x.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad