OT: Whatcha Drinkin' Part II: The Sequel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
New Belgium Oakspire
Spiral Double Downward DIPA, really loving this beer

oof, might need to go even stronger

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Anyone ever been to Yoerg? East St Paul, oldest brewery in MN dating back to 1848.

Had original recipes on tap and spends a ton of time getting German/Belgians imported. Cool vibe, too. Highly suggest.

Reactions: Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Anyone ever been to Yoerg? East St Paul, oldest brewery in MN dating back to 1848.

Had original recipes on tap and spends a ton of time getting German/Belgians imported. Cool vibe, too. Highly suggest.

Will have to check it out!

Went to Barrel Theory, Surly and Lake Monster yesterday. Nice little tour, Barrel Theory has a hazy double IPA (Shredder McGavin) that's really good. Love Hazy's so that place is my jam :laugh:

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Will have to check it out!

Went to Barrel Theory, Surly and Lake Monster yesterday. Nice little tour, Barrel Theory has a hazy double IPA (Shredder McGavin) that's really good. Love Hazy's so that place is my jam :laugh:

Barrel Theory is the most consistent brewery in the cities in my opinion. I love it. Doesn’t hurt that it’s a block away from me.

Reactions: Dee Oh Cee

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.

They opened maybe 2-3 years ago with a dead brand's name? I'm not sure how that works, but I've probably got actual poops that have been tucked away in dark corners of my house for longer than they've been around.

Fortunately I mostly care whether or not the beer is any good and all accounts I've seen have said it's good there, so I hope to check it out eventually.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Just finished off my last of these.

AA3-FE792-C323-4896-8-FBC-A22-BB0-F1-C82-C.jpg

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Untitled is either the number one or two brewery going out of Wisconsin right now alongside Brewing Projekt. Nearly everything they do is one off.

It's a drain-pour last week's orange juice kind of world. Are they any good?

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch
When I go to Total Wine I have a general rule not to purchase anything that is there direct line, winery/spirit. I broke it to try the Wolcott Bourbon that won Paul Charcian's Budget Whiskey challenge. It runs $20, it's ok. Dryer than I thought and not sweet at all. Read somewhere that it's produced by Buffalo Trace. But it's no Buffalo Trace. My local Hy-Vee always has it in stock and only runs $25 a bottle. Will be sticking with that.

12083830292510.png

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Well I purchased this earlier today, just tried it, neat.... WOW! :yo:

20200419_132835-jpg.342741

A smokey peat flavor hint of vanilla and honey... very smooth and well rounded flavor... just a hint of burn to make the tongue tingle.

You can definitely smell the vanilla when you sniff it as well.

The palate transition is subtle yet intense at the same time, crazy!

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Well I purchased this earlier today, just tried it, neat.... WOW! :yo:

20200419_132835-jpg.342741

A smokey peat flavor hint of vanilla and honey... very smooth and well rounded flavor... just a hint of burn to make the tongue tingle.

You can definitely smell the vanilla when you sniff it as well.

The palate transition is subtle yet intense at the same time, crazy!
My friends and I always kept a bottle around in our apartment during college. Only brought it out for happy/sad occasions. Haven't had it in years though.

Reactions: TaLoN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad