OT: Whatcha Drinkin' II: Another Round!

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I'm informed that it's National Happy Hour Day. The combination of that and the ****ty weather today indicates one thing and one thing only for me. Cheers y'all.

46081243_10105785895760429_7052844562166841344_n.jpg

Wait, it was? That's my kind of holiday. I had a beer at a bar called Pumking yesterday that I wasn't terribly thrilled with. Very high alcohol and very dry in a way that didn't mesh well for me.

Tonight I had a glass of decent red wine and a Stella while at a party.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Wait, it was? That's my kind of holiday. I had a beer at a bar called Pumking yesterday that I wasn't terribly thrilled with. Very high alcohol and very dry in a way that didn't mesh well for me.

Tonight I had a glass of decent red wine and a Stella while at a party.

Pumking is my wife's favorite beer this time of year.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Die Hard 2
The Finn-boy director Renny Harlin is known (to us in Finland) to slip references to the old country in his films, but it was in Long Kiss Goodnight where Finlandia vodka was drunk. The holiday classic Die Hard 2 instead has Finlandia hymn playing when
the planes land after John McClane arranges them some ****ing landing lights.

They all are kind of merry in the end, considering there was the slight issue with the criminal act of dropping a jumbo jet full of people that could be expected to cause a bit more of furore around Dulles

I'm obviously talking of the passenger plane, and not the other plane. The pigs will cover for John McClane for that one. They always cover for each other

Last edited:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
bourbon

wait, I forgot about my books in the drink thread, movies in the food thread, food in the video game thread shtick

whatever, I'm drinking bourbon. lots and lots of bourbon. not even bothering with the good stuff tonight, just went straight to the bottom shelf. I'm gonna be trashed in an hour from now and throwing up green tomorrow morning, assuming I survive the night

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
bourbon

wait, I forgot about my books in the drink thread, movies in the food thread, food in the video game thread shtick

whatever, I'm drinking bourbon. lots and lots of bourbon. not even bothering with the good stuff tonight, just went straight to the bottom shelf. I'm gonna be trashed in an hour from now and throwing up green tomorrow morning, assuming I survive the night

Hey man, you ok?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Morning coffee.

I took a mugful while it was still dripping down in the cooker, added the usual amount of milk. My coffee was unexpectedly cold, so I dipped some more coffee into the mug to adjust the heat to acceptable level.

When I went for the seconds, I noticed there was suspiciously much of it still left in the pot. At the same time, the line in the water tank clearly shows that I only cooked the usual amount.

The evidence suggest that I didn't pour the leftovers of the previous pot away before cooking another patch and I'm now drinking the classic service station variety coffee.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
No, but I will be. Just life kicking my ass right now. And I may have prostate cancer. We'll see how that goes. I doubt I'll die or anything but possibly having a goddamned butt disease is ****ing embarrassing

Well, f***.

At least if you've got to have cancer, that has one of the best prognoses if you catch it early, and the treatment options are less invasive than ever.

Getting old sucks. I will never get used to it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad