OT: Whatcha Drinkin' II: Another Round!

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Good idea! Currently drinking a sidecar. Had a couple homebrews during the game- a Smoked Porter and a lousy but drinkable pumpkin beer that I'm trying to get rid of. By Saturday though, I should have a Red Ale just barely ready (currently carbing up in the bottles) that I have dubbed "Bunch of Jerks Hurricane Red". Tasted promising at bottling, so here's hoping it's not an insult to our wonderful jerks.

RaleighBlues

Feb 18, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Good idea! Currently drinking a sidecar. Had a couple homebrews during the game- a Smoked Porter and a lousy but drinkable pumpkin beer that I'm trying to get rid of. By Saturday though, I should have a Red Ale just barely ready (currently carbing up in the bottles) that I have dubbed "Bunch of Jerks Hurricane Red". Tasted promising at bottling, so here's hoping it's not an insult to our wonderful jerks.

I’ll eventually get back into home brewing. Took a break when our 2nd child was born, but I was into in pretty hardcore. Grind my own malt, keg my beers—always had two 5 gallon batches on draft. Ah the good old days. My brewing stopped the day my (then) 1 yr old son threw 3 crayons into my fermenter just as I was getting ready to pitch the yeast.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I’ll eventually get back into home brewing. Took a break when our 2nd child was born, but I was into in pretty hardcore. Grind my own malt, keg my beers—always had two 5 gallon batches on draft. Ah the good old days. My brewing stopped the day my (then) 1 yr old son threw 3 crayons into my fermenter just as I was getting ready to pitch the yeast.
Wax is food safe, isn't it? I woulda pitched anyway. Worst case, it turns into a sour.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

RaleighBlues

Feb 18, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Wax is food safe, isn't it? I woulda pitched anyway. Worst case, it turns into a sour.

Oh I fished the crayons out and fermented it, but it just highlighted that things were getting difficult. Really hard to commit to a 7-8 hr brew day and ask my wife to watch the (then) 1 yr old and 4 yr old. I’ll be back. It’s one of my favorite hobbies.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
qrKK4rT.jpg

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Sol. Thought of getting a Corona but cheaped out. Didn't cheap out enough to get the store label variety "Sombrero".

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The last Corona in the store. Really, the campaign is working like charm.

I would post a pic, but the server refuses to handle 2.5MB photo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad