OT: Whatcha Drinkin' II: Another Round!

Dec 30, 2013
Not 100% on that.
I know we'll be all about Beer Camp if that comes back but not sure that Sierra Nevada is going to come back to town with that this year.

Oh shit, I had wondered what brewery you were with but never asked or saw anyone mention the name until now. The peanut butter ale and the peppermint stout you guys make/made were great.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Yeah sadly with moving to Winston I'm not so much on the brewing side as much anymore as I am on the events side when we do stuff here in the Triad area. When I'm at the brewery anymore it's usually on weekends. But yeah those are two of my absolute favorites. Still trying to find a way to make the PB Brown shelf stable.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Not 100% on that.
I know we'll be all about Beer Camp if that comes back but not sure that Sierra Nevada is going to come back to town with that this year.

The answer is "yes, we will be there." My sister is now walking distance to Sugg Farm so I'm planning to get really shitty. I ended up having to reel it in last year after 15 or so stops, since even a 4 mile drive is 4 miles too far.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Just like my approach with women.
tumblr_m0ce5wFjLZ1r2hxb6o4_r1_250.gif

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I had a smoked Dopplebock a couple of days ago. It's a great dark summer beer- it's a lager, so light enough, well balanced, and smoke does great as a campfire-like element. The world really needs more of that type of beer.

MORE SMOKED BEER! MORE SMOKED BEER! MORE SMOKED BEER!
Check out Gizmo’s Forgeworks in the winter. It’s a smoked porter and it’s delicious.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Nice, what size setup do you have? Kegging or bottling?

Bottling at home for now (Kegging with a Partner). 3 gals AND 5 gals. I guess we also do some 6 gals. BIAB and Mashtun (using both, depending).

TBH I just love 3 gal batches. But then again I get lots of free ones as I'm involved/partner in a brewery (mostly canning, sometimes sales/service).

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Bottling at home for now (Kegging with a Partner). 3 gals AND 5 gals. I guess we also do some 6 gals. BIAB and Mashtun (using both, depending).

TBH I just love 3 gal batches. But then again I get lots of free ones as I'm involved/partner in a brewery (mostly canning, sometimes sales/service).
Yeah I need to get a few 3 gallon carboys for use at my place here, just about the perfect size for trying out something experimental and it doesn't make me feel like an ass in case it turns out bad and I have to dump it. I never do, but it's good to have the option. Also would allow me to brew more high ABV stuff with the equipment that I currently have without having to resort to using a ton of extract to do so.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Oatmeal stout has long been my favourite style of beer but I’ve never seen a white oatmeal stout.

Just picked one up here in Indianapolis and it’s pretty good. Has the appearance of a very light ale but tastes like a stout. Consistency is thinner, too.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Just treated myself to a Fullsteam .262 Sports Drink Gose after mowing my lawn (well 2/3rds of my lawn. I heard thunder so I hastened inside) and holy heck that's one refreshing beer. I generally hate Lemon-Lime Gatorade, but I could drink this stuff by the gallon. I hope Fullsteam keeps it in their lineup and adds different variants in line with a typical sports drink (Fruit Punch Sports Drink Gose, anyone?)

Reactions: Unsustainable

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Just treated myself to a Fullsteam .262 Sports Drink Gose after mowing my lawn (well 2/3rds of my lawn. I heard thunder so I hastened inside) and holy heck that's one refreshing beer. I generally hate Lemon-Lime Gatorade, but I could drink this stuff by the gallon. I hope Fullsteam keeps it in their lineup and adds different variants in line with a typical sports drink (Fruit Punch Sports Drink Gose, anyone?)

The brewery here in town does a mangose that’s pretty delicious. I wish the mango was even stronger, though.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad