What would you be willing to trade to acquire Jack Eichel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
That's a good way to put it. For whatever reason folks around here tend to conceive of hard rebuilding as the safe option. As if Buffalo didn't have half the best prospects in hockey at one point.

Like who? I don’t recall anyone other than Eichel and Reinhart having any hype behind them. Part of that probably has to do with being Buffalo (something we also face with our prospects) but in general I feel like they’ve fumbled their prospects big time.

Middlestadt had some hype now that I think about it. But those are like the only ones I can recall.

It’s not so much wanting to “hard” rebuild it more has to do with not trading your 5th overall pick for a guy with a neck injury. I’m not as high on Johnson as others are here, but I’m not wanting to deal him either.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I am against trading for Eichel. If I had to make an offer that wasn’t garbage but didn’t hurt the CBJ rebuild:

Ceulemans
2022 Chicago 1st with no additional protection
Bemstrom
Voronkov
2023 2nd

2 1sts, a 2nd, and 2 decent prospects who have looked much better than their draft position

Buffalo has drafted lots of left D in recent first rounds (or top of 2nd) but not right D. So Ceulemans might be a good fit in the Buffalo rebuild.

The Chicago pick is already top 2 protected. I wouldn’t put any other restriction on it.

Bemstrom and Voronkov are both good prospects.

I doubt the Sabres would take it. But it might be the best offer out there. Not everyone can take the cap hit and risk.

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
They can get, let us see Stenlund and maybe Gabriel Carlsson.
Maybe adding Tyler Angle as a sweeter.

The risk with the injury, means not much can be offered.

Reactions: Ippenator

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
They can get, let us see Stenlund and maybe Gabriel Carlsson.
Maybe adding Tyler Angle as a sweeter.

The risk with the injury, means not much can be offered.

to any fans reading this that aren’t regularly a part of the CBJ, I apologize for this post lol. it does not represent our knowledge of fair trade value.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Like who? I don’t recall anyone other than Eichel and Reinhart having any hype behind them. Part of that probably has to do with being Buffalo (something we also face with our prospects) but in general I feel like they’ve fumbled their prospects big time.

Middlestadt had some hype now that I think about it. But those are like the only ones I can recall.

It’s not so much wanting to “hard” rebuild it more has to do with not trading your 5th overall pick for a guy with a neck injury. I’m not as high on Johnson as others are here, but I’m not wanting to deal him either.

Dahlin?

Also, if that neck injury for that "guy with the neck injury" ends up not being that big of a deal he is easily better/more valuable than that 5th overall pick.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Does eichel have to have this surgery to play this year? Who ever trades for him will he even be able to play?

The recovery time from the disc replacement is supposedly only a few months. I was really surprised to hear that. The recovery from neck fusion is a lot longer, but that's the one Eichel won't do.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
The recovery time from the disc replacement is supposedly only a few months. I was really surprised to hear that. The recovery from neck fusion is a lot longer, but that's the one Eichel won't do.

A couple months ago, maybe it was still August, his agent said they could have the surgery and be back by the beginning of the season. Whether true or not, they were acting like the timetable was under 8 weeks.

Reactions: CPTN71

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
None of these offers are going to get Eichel if he was healthy. Most likely it would be closer to:

An NHL ready center prospect or a recently drafted blue chip center prospect which we don't have
Another top prospect (Johnson/Sillinger) or a young NHL ready player
A first this year (unprotected)
A first next year (unprotected)
Korpi
One lesser piece

Yes a lot and probably more than I'd be willling to give up for a $10m player even if healthy.

An injured Eichel and all bets are off on what Buffalo would settle for and the offer would obviously go way down.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If the Jackets do get the endorsement from the doctors to make an Eichel trade, and let's say they make a deal along the lines discussed earlier, Johnson+Texier+1st+salary (in this case Nyquist+Kuraly), that would really help convert the Jackets quantity into quality. We've got a logjam of good players but we're not going to have a great team until we greatly increase the quality.

Marchenko - Eichel - Chinakhov
Domi - Sillinger - Bjorkstrand
Voracek - Roslovic - Bemstrom
Robinson - Dunne/Jenner - Foudy

In this example Domi is kept rather than Laine, who would fetch a nice return, but that is besides the point. Decent chance we'll be able to keep one of these guys, if we want.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I can think of several posters on this thread that I would like to trade
We've known for a long time that HFCBJ fans pretty much never get fair value on the market; the team we cheer for means that folks don't think of any of us as effective posters, so we're generally pretty quiet on the trade market. :nod:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
We've known for a long time that HFCBJ fans pretty much never get fair value on the market; the team we cheer for means that folks don't think of any of us as effective posters, so we're generally pretty quiet on the trade market. :nod:

But mods and experienced posters know quality wherever it comes from. All it takes is one.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

That's only on the trade threads, they outperform on the actual trade market.

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
I want nothing to do with that dumpster fire. I do hope Jack gets healthy and rips it up somewhere in the future though.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
If the Jackets do get the endorsement from the doctors to make an Eichel trade, and let's say they make a deal along the lines discussed earlier, Johnson+Texier+1st+salary (in this case Nyquist+Kuraly), that would really help convert the Jackets quantity into quality. We've got a logjam of good players but we're not going to have a great team until we greatly increase the quality.

Marchenko - Eichel - Chinakhov
Domi - Sillinger - Bjorkstrand
Voracek - Roslovic - Bemstrom
Robinson - Dunne/Jenner - Foudy

In this example Domi is kept rather than Laine, who would fetch a nice return, but that is besides the point. Decent chance we'll be able to keep one of these guys, if we want.
Marchenko and Chinakhov both turning into 1st line wingers is very very optimistic. The reality is that prospects rarely turn out to be as good as fans think they will be. We will be very fortunate if one of them turns into a top 6 winger.

Reactions: tunnelvision

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Marchenko and Chinakhov both turning into 1st line wingers is very very optimistic. The reality is that prospects rarely turn out to be as good as fans think they will be. We will be very fortunate if one of them turns into a top 6 winger.
I doubt either has true top line potential but Im guessing the theory is when you play with a guy like Eichel you dont need to be. Not that different from Panarin. Legit players that can carry a line

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
I doubt either has true top line potential but Im guessing the theory is when you play with a guy like Eichel you dont need to be. Not that different from Panarin. Legit players that can carry a line
Yeah that's true. He did already turn Skinner in to a $9m player for a year :laugh:

But we do actually have a 1st line offensive talent in Laine, so op's idea of moving him and placing 2 prospects on 1st line just seemed ridiculous to me

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad