What would you be willing to trade to acquire Jack Eichel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I'm not to sure Eichel is available.

Not available to the LVGK either, but he will be by the end of January - probably take him the rest of the season and the off season to get comfortable. If he is healthy starting 2022-23 season there are going to be a lot of people wondering why their team didn't make that trade. Eichel is a top 5. Patches Eichel and Stone is one hell of a scoring line. Good luck Jack.

Reactions: 6zag and majormajor

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Vegas is going to have to unload Dadonov or Reilly Smith this spring if everyone comes back healthy.

They have obviously done well with big names either via trade or UFA signing, but they also rather stupidly have had to trade away guys for almost nothing due to their cap situation.

-Traded away Stastny for a no-name prospect and a 4th round pick - their fault, they signed Stastny to a 3 x 6.5
-Traded away Nate Schmidt for a 3rd rounder - their fault, they signed him a to 6 x ~6
-Traded away Fleury for nothing - their fault for signing him and Lehner to those deals
-Acquired Dadonov for reasons?? He looks bad so far.

I mean, credit to ownership for willing to spend way beyond the cap in a covid world with a flat-ish cap on the horizon and for their hockey ops being willing to go for it. At some point, these contracts will hurt them but they have a 3-4 year window to win a Cup to make it worthwhile.

In '26-'27, they'll owe a 33-year old William Karlsson $5.9m, a 36-year old Alex Pietrangelo $8.8m, and a 34-year old Mark Stone $9.5m. And those aren't even the last year of any of those deals.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Vegas is going to have to unload Dadonov or Reilly Smith this spring if everyone comes back healthy.

They have obviously done well with big names either via trade or UFA signing, but they also rather stupidly have had to trade away guys for almost nothing due to their cap situation.

-Traded away Stastny for a no-name prospect and a 4th round pick - their fault, they signed Stastny to a 3 x 6.5
-Traded away Nate Schmidt for a 3rd rounder - their fault, they signed him a to 6 x ~6
-Traded away Fleury for nothing - their fault for signing him and Lehner to those deals
-Acquired Dadonov for reasons?? He looks bad so far.

I mean, credit to ownership for willing to spend way beyond the cap in a covid world with a flat-ish cap on the horizon and for their hockey ops being willing to go for it. At some point, these contracts will hurt them but they have a 3-4 year window to win a Cup to make it worthwhile.

In '26-'27, they'll owe a 33-year old William Karlsson $5.9m, a 36-year old Alex Pietrangelo $8.8m, and a 34-year old Mark Stone $9.5m. And those aren't even the last year of any of those deals.

It's a destination city so they can get away with treating their players badly (with less loyalty than the Jackets ever had).

I think they're going to get away with it. They've got great players and just added another, and they can pay to unload Dadonov. I'd still take Karlsson and Stone at those later ages on those deals.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Jack Eichel had successful surgery to replace the disc. The Surgeon made the comment that the disc was a mess but the result was a complete success. Jack walked out of the outpatient facility on his own and said he feels great. These are all really good signs on his road to recovery. Good luck to Jack, may he wreak havoc on the West.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad