What would you be willing to trade to acquire Jack Eichel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
PLD is very good & getting better each playoff game, but he is not on the same tier as Eichel. If we could add a guy with the talent of Eichel our scoring woes go away. I agree that I wouldn't trade any of our core for him. Our guys are getting playoff experience while Eichel is probably playing some golf. Top centre tier McDavid, Drai, Eichel, McKinnon

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I remain uninterested in Eichel simply because of the cost. But in trading for any skilled forward (C or LW), PLD isn’t part of it. We need to add to our top forward talent in numbers, so the bait for any trade for a “star” has to come from our defense or goalie positions.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
While I would agree, trading Werenski is risky if Jones doesn’t re-sign

There was a time that I was more interested in moving Werenski. Honestly I felt like he was our best defenseman in the playoffs. Jones struggled at times (relatively, we know how good he can be always).

I guess it’s the question of do you want two “untouchables” at D and one at C, or the other way around.

Above all - I have no idea what Buffalo’s needs are. I don’t see an easy fix for them.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
The thing is Buffalo doesn’t need Werenski (nor do I think we should trade him atm because he was a beast in the playoffs).

They need more centers behind Eichel, as well as established forward depth. They’d ask for Dubois+++ imo. And our issue is that we need to add elite talent to go along with Dubois. I struggle to see how a trade for Eichel could be made unless if Buffalo would have interest in a package around one of our goalies + Anderson +++

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
In hindsight: pre-neck injury - would you trade PLD & Jones for Eichel back in 2020. Seems like that would have been the move to make

This is a stupid comment: & I'm discounting PLD (prior to him flaking out) & my favorite player who has literally been a foundational player for us. I will miss Seth Jones more than I would have been excited for Eichel. Neither SCF team has an Eichel.. but they do have Hedman, Weber, and a slew of other capable defenders and of course top tier goaltending.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
In hindsight: pre-neck injury - would you trade PLD & Jones for Eichel back in 2020. Seems like that would have been the move to make
If we can throw out all considerations about how players have left and/or choosing to leave? No, I would not make that move, because that would have been a #1C and a #1D for a better #1C - creating a hole.

Knowing that they both want(ed) out and so does Eichel? Possibly, if only because that makes the gamble potentially worthwhile. But we did not get all of that information upfront and so it's not productive to dwell on it.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Oof, swing and a miss

Wow, really?

Sure, if it’s a penalty shot or your down a goal with a minute left, give me Eichel.

Starting OT with a Torts coached/motivated Dubois playing C is a completely different question.

Not talking fantasy hockey, thank you.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Wow, really?

Sure, if it’s a penalty shot or your down a goal with a minute left, give me Eichel.

Starting OT with a Torts coached/motivated Dubois playing C is a completely different question.

Not talking fantasy hockey, thank you.
If PLD needs torts to play right that's a pretty big red flag. Even with a team full of talent he still struggled to produce anything.

Reactions: LJ7201

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
If PLD needs torts to play right that's a pretty big red flag. Even with a team full of talent he still struggled to produce anything.

The fact that he WAS seen as something as the type of player that HE wanted to be seems to have been a total fabrication, and it was “forced” on him by Torts, is a red flag.

There have always been red flags in my opinion when it comes to Eichel and him playing a two way game enough to win anything meaningful, and I always have and will express that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Columbus Jack

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

To add, maybe Torts IS RIGHT.

Maybe Dubois’ problem is him not embracing who he IS as an NHL player and trying to be something he isn’t or can’t be.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
The fact that he WAS seen as something as the type of player that HE wanted to be seems to have been a total fabrication, and it was “forced” on him by Torts, is a red flag.

There have always been red flags in my opinion when it comes to Eichel and him playing a two way game enough to win anything meaningful, and I always have and will express that.

Eichel is a good player and I’ve never wanted him here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Let’s leave it.

Both guys have red flags when it comes to motivation at this point, imo.
One is just more naturally skilled than the other and doesn't need constant prodding to produce.

Also, it's hard to be motivated on a yearly bottom dweller.

Meanwhile, PLD has known nothing but the playoffs.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I proposed this on the main board in an Eichel thread, and seeing I’m not sure how many of you Jackets fans post there as opposed to just here on your team board, I figured I’d get your opinions here. I fully expect “no”, but at least try to humour me with counter offers if possible. I’m honestly not sure where the Jackets are heading, but from what I saw this off-season, they’re mostly tweaking instead of rebuilding or loading up. That being said, I should have made the first option a “OR” option like I did the fourth one.

Because I see them as a dark horse candidate, and I’m not sure what exactly direction they’re going, I can see Columbus being a dark horse candidate. A look at capfriendly shows they have the space, they have interesting young players, they have picks that won’t hurt to trade, and even though they’re in the same conference, they’re not divisional OR state rivals.

Just as a spitball, Columbus could do something like:

- Kent Johnson
- 2022 Columbus or Chicago 1st
- Stanislav Svozil
- Chinakhov or Foudy
- Korpisalo

and obviously it can be tweaked. Buffalo gets their young potential 1C (and logically pushes Roslovic down in the lineup, keeping him with Bjorkstrand who I noticed he has good chemistry with), gets another 1st (already conditions on the Chicago pick, but Columbus gets to keep the better pick), and Laine gets a set up guy. Buffalo also gets a younger forward prospect, but Columbus only gives up one of them.

More importantly, I get the guy on the Sabres that I wanted with one of the Sabres two 2nd rounders this past draft

That being said, it should say Johnson or Sillinger. That way Columbus keeps one of their future C prospects. I also realize it is most likely perceived as an overpayment currently, given Eichel’s injury status. But is there anything there to work with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->